Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Sound deadening your interior...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Sound deadening your interior...?

I was wondering to the guys that have sound deaden their C6Z interior how much did you use...? What type did you use and how well did it work...? I don't like how noisy it is inside the car... Also would say Dynomat help with the heat from the exhaust coming in the interior...?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dynomat only reduces sound coming in.. Not heat..
Old 10-17-2013, 03:02 AM
colts95ta
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS7 BUD
I was wondering to the guys that have sound deaden their C6Z interior how much did you use...? What type did you use and how well did it work...? I don't like how noisy it is inside the car... Also would say Dynomat help with the heat from the exhaust coming in the interior...?

Thanks
I did my car while I did the stereo.. Noticeable difference. I don't recall how much I used but it is not light weight if you are one of those people that are always fretting over adding weight. The box I used was around 20 lbs but well worth it.

I also just recently did under the center console when I put a shifter in. According to their website it does help with heat also. I'm sure that over time it will still get warm but we will see...

Here is their website:
http://www.dynamat.com/products_auto...roduction.html
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

i did exotic vette, but mainly for heat. It's a great product, but hte whole interior has to come out. Before you order make sure they send you install directions, I never got them (been 2 months since i last asked them, and still don't have them). Kit comes with 24 million pieces, so it's good to know which goes where.
Heat is reduced, A LOT!

noise, well you main noise is coming from the trunk, but i didn't put stuff there. It got noticeably quieter though
Old 10-17-2013, 07:16 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I just finished doing the rear forward to the rear of the seats. I bought a box of Eastwood dynamat for heat and then covered that with 1/4 inch foam sheets from dynamat. I also stuffed the wheel wells with fiberglass and reassembled. The result is fantastic the low drone is nearly gone and the cabin is very quiet. The heat in the rear has been greatly reduced. This winter I plan to pull the seats and finish the front. All in all its a bit of a pain but well worth doing.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 AM
bgad
Safety Car

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

I used the kit from Vette Nuts. It came with the pieces clearly marked and cut to exact size. I got their deluxe 2 part kit and it weighed almost nothing. It made an enormous difference in the sound and the tunnel is not hot any longer.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Iceman427
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RAAMmat and Ensolite is what you need. Get it here: http://www.raamaudio.com/categories/...Foam-Products/

I did my whole trunk area, behind the seats, and center tunnel. Its a big difference in sound and heat.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 AM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Thanks guys
Old 10-17-2013, 11:59 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

With the exhaust closed, the Z06, even my 06 model is very tolerable. Its a Z06 after all, not a Lexus.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
With the exhaust closed, the Z06, even my 06 model is very tolerable. Its a Z06 after all, not a Lexus.
I have a 06 C6Z and I would like it just a bit quieter inside the cab when my exhaust is open...
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman427
RAAMmat and Ensolite is what you need. Get it here: http://www.raamaudio.com/categories/...Foam-Products/

I did my whole trunk area, behind the seats, and center tunnel. Its a big difference in sound and heat.
I did the same product, but I also did my doors. Huge difference. When you close the door there is a solid thud now.
I even went wild and put the exotic vette product on top of the Raamat and ensolite.

Get notified of new replies

To Sound deadening your interior...?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Sound deadening your interior...?