Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] FIXED Heads Red Lined at Track !!!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Never you mind who the "Some" are as long as they don't include you.

Now where did I say that you, or either of them were included in that "some" ?
Well I am happy to know it doesn't include me. I am also glad to see that you were also not speaking for Paul or Mark. Or maybe you were speaking for them as you still have not stated otherwise.

Hmmmm, I wonder how many others in this thread are now wondering if you were speaking about them. Maybe you should just be straight forward in your future posts and not hide behind those general accusations. That kind of behavior can lead to many unintended conflicts with many members who might make the same mistake I have.

Last edited by propain; 01-29-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
Well I am happy to know it doesn't include me. I am also glad to see that you were also not speaking of Paul or Mark. Or maybe you were speaking for them as you have not said otherwise.

Hmmmm, I wonder how many others in this thread are now wondering if you were speaking about them. Maybe you should just be straight forward in your future posts and not hide behind those general accusations. That kind of behavior can lead to many unintended conflicts with many members who might make the same mistake I have.
Your mistake is your own and shows that one should not jump to conclusions.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Your mistake is your own and shows that one should not jump to conclusions.
Apology accepted. Thank you.

I agree, one should not jump to conclusions and stick to the facts. That's my motto.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:54 PM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Personally, I don't believe the videos to be an attempt to taunt or flame bait, but rather see them as informative as to how his step has performed and continues to perform.
I sort of agree, BUT.....the way in which this is presented AT TIMES, is to taunt the reputable engine builder that questioned this setup after in-depth testing and analysis. Everyone has their own reasons for their actions, I'm just voicing how I see it from the sidelines. None of this is directed at you in particular btw, let me be clear there. I was just responding to your comment to start off is all.

Now we are at a point where said vendor wants nothing to do with supporting folks on this forum, much like I (and many others) chose to abandon input despite having one of the few cars in spec after years of hard use, and now having years of use on my WCCH heads. The hand washing of this ordeal is going to continue, and the quality of the "discussion" continue to degrade, as it has.

To simply share data and voice an opinion is fine (said vendor did, DH did, I did). To slap a another in the face because someone doesn't agree with what they think is wrong.

The sucess of so many SS/bronze and OEM valved/bronze cars leads to some helpful info. The data is showing that thus far, in the 10-20,000 mile range, bronze guides installed by WCCH wear consistently and predictably.

Will this be true for 50,000 miles, or 100,000 miles? My gut is telling me yes and no, respectively. If we find that LS7 owners can run bronze guides with 100% success for 50,000 miles at a time, and thats the interval deemed safe, I'd say thats an improvement. It isn't likely that any time soon we are going to have a large sample of bronze guided cars make it to 100,000, or 200,000 miles. That magic combo that some are waiting for is probably a decade off - if it exists at all. No amount of posting or bickering will change that.

Last edited by ConfusedGarage; 01-29-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:00 PM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh and to be clear, I certainly DO hope DH's car goes 200,000 miles without incident, and that he continues to share data along the way. Just because we have different valves in our WCCH heads makes no difference to me. I'm not out to prove anything.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:00 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Apology accepted. Thank you.

I agree, one should not jump to conclusions and stick to the facts. That's my motto.
As is your "apology" accepted.

And yes,I believe that one of the "facts" that we have to acknowledge here, no matter which side of the fence we come down on in this matter, is that Howie's car is running fine and doing so under very demanding conditions.

I think videos like his can be helpful in answering some of the questions which have been asked over this entire forum.

If we could look at the videos in that context, then it would go a long way toward helping us decide upon approaches and alternatives for the mana cement of the issue at hand.

It's time for this forum to move away from some of all of this bickering and bull****, and let people decide on their method of choice for managing this matter. Videos, and such, whether they come from Howard or from someone else who has chosen a different route than he, may be helpful in this regard.

But the rest of this is likely not.

That's why I understand Confused Garage's points on his position.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

As is your "apology" accepted.

And yes,I believe that one of the "facts" that we have to acknowledge here, no matter which side of the fence we come down on in this matter, is that Howie's car is running fine and doing so under very demanding conditions.

I think videos like his can be helpful in answering some of the questions which have been asked over this entire forum.

If we could look at the videos in that context, then it would go a long way toward helping us decide upon approaches and alternatives for the mana cement of the issue at hand.
I don't recall making one... I was speaking directly at you and not dancing around words. Nothing misinterpreted due to a vague statement. I just stick to the facts as I see them and make no apology for them. Your vague accusations however left too much room for interpretation and you might consider changing that in the future to avoid this again.

As to your other statements; if the videos were presented without a conclusion that the heads were "Fixed" I believe they would be better received. So if one would wish to stick to the facts they would leave out the conclusions without the data to back them up.

The car is running well is just about all the videos show. Is it out of spec? Unknown. Any damage being done due to the increased valve weight in other areas? Unknown. Ticking time bomb? Unknown.

As I stated time will tell what these videos actually represent when and if we get an inspection.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

I don't recall making one... I was speaking directly at you and not dancing around words. Nothing misinterpreted due to a vague statement. I just stick to the facts as I see them and make no apology for them. Your vague accusations however left too much room for interpretation and you might consider changing that in the future to avoid this again.

As to your other statements; if the videos were presented without a conclusion that the heads were "Fixed" I believe they would be better received. So if one would wish to stick to the facts they would leave out the conclusions without the data to back them up.

The car is running well is just about all the videos show. Is it out of spec? Unknown. Any damage being done due to the increased valve weight in other areas? Unknown. Ticking time bomb? Unknown.

As I stated time will tell what these videos actually represent when and if we get an inspection.
I don't recall making an apology either.

There was no "dancing". Simply a case where erroneously thought that I was referring to you when I had not.

I never mentioned you.

As long as we are passing along advice to one another, then I would suggest that each time you see criticism, that you not assume, as you did this time, that it is directed towards you.

To your other points, it could conceivably turn out that no one will ever no just how effective Howie's "fix" was until Howie's car ends up in the crusher.

The people watching the videos will have to decide for themselves if they're willing to wait that long, or just how long they are in fact willing to wait.

Let us let them decide.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-29-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Enough of the pissin matches.

Online Conflicts

For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon Click the image to open in full size. under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.
A few forum members may get "rectified" if the pissin matches don't stop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] FIXED Heads Red Lined at Track !!!