Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Opinion on valve springs with ss intake & exhaust valves

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 PM
BoostdM3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on valve springs with ss intake & exhaust valves

Hi guys, i have a Katech 110 cam with milled/ported heads. Also i have SS intake and exhaust valves. Broke 2 of my current springs, i had comps in there. need to put a new set of springs in. I have titanium retainers, and trunion upgrade. Any suggestions on which springs to go with especially with the heavier SS valves?
SS Intake Valve: 120 grams
SS Exhaust Valve: 98 grams

thanks,

Paul
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, no recommendations for springs, my recommendation is to call a reputable shop that you trust and get their feedback. They can speak from experiences and builds they've done. Maybe WCCH might have an idea? I don't know of anyone who runs SS intake valves here. Most reuse the Ti intake valve.

And on that note, if you don't mind, I have to ask... what happened to your Ti intake valves?

The people are concerned about the weight of an SS Exhaust valve over the OEM SS Sodium filled are gonna freak out about a larger SS Intake valve replacing the Ti valves.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
BoostdM3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Sorry, no recommendations for springs, my recommendation is to call a reputable shop that you trust and get their feedback. They can speak from experiences and builds they've done. Maybe WCCH might have an idea? I don't know of anyone who runs SS intake valves here. Most reuse the Ti intake valve.

And on that note, if you don't mind, I have to ask... what happened to your Ti intake valves?

The people are concerned about the weight of an SS Exhaust valve over the OEM SS Sodium filled are gonna freak out about a larger SS Intake valve replacing the Ti valves.
Yea i think i might be the only one as well. I will give them a call and see. The weight is definitely a lot more, but more safer for future hp levels i want to accomplish. The stock valves were fine, just swapped them out when i did my heads cam

Get notified of new replies

To Opinion on valve springs with ss intake & exhaust valves

Quick Reply: [Z06] Opinion on valve springs with ss intake & exhaust valves