Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Caravaggio Hood, owners input pls...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Default Caravaggio Hood, owners input pls...

I think I have become infatuated with this hood. I love the discrete look it has. Just a bit more than OE, but not too much.

Before I go buying one, I'd appreciate some owner feed back first. Also, if anyone who has this hood could post a couple more pics, or send them to me, that would be great. I have not seen what the underside of the hood looks like, how the vents work, etc.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

there's one in here
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...otherwise.html
Old 07-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Reviving this, hoping there might be some more Z owners who have this hood.

I may have the car sprayed this winter and will want a different hood. I sill love this Caravaggio.

I am curious to see the underside and how the vents collect water. I'm also curious to know what the material it is manufactured out of. They have two option. One fiberglass and one "advanced composite". What is this advanced composite?

Also not sure exactly how "high" this hood is over OEM. Description says it has a gradual rise, up to 1.5" inch at the windshield. I measured my OE hood, well the best I could seeing how it's curved, but it appears to be roughly, 7/8" of a rise. Anyone know for sure?

I have tried calling these guys, several times, and also sent an email inquiry twice. I haven't had much luck reaching a human.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Old 07-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

^^^
Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 PM
rsalco
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
^^^
I have one fitted. Fiberglass, which isn't much heavier than the CF version so don't know why anyone would pay the extra $$ for CF, apart from bling factor.

The principal reason for using this hood is track use; lower underhood temps, and more importantly, reduced lift in the front. Together with a Katech front splitter/rear spoiler and side skirts the car is more balanced at track speeds.

That said, the fit at the sides where the hood meets the fender lines isn't very good because the mold from which the pieces are popped isn't well-made. No issues that I've found with water going down the gill vents. Barely gets wet underneath through a car wash; dry as a bone when on the road for obvious reasons.

Conclusion: unless you're tracking your car, I would look elsewhere. It's a World Challenge race piece that will do nothing for the car on the street and has fit issues.

All IMHO of course....
Old 07-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Your hood is the Caravaggio?

Get notified of new replies

To Caravaggio Hood, owners input pls...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Caravaggio Hood, owners input pls...