Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Enginerd's Build Thread (Pic Heavy!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,092 Likes on 576 Posts

It's been 2 1/2 years but as I remember the fins required about 1/8" of trimming. I made a post about it. I'll try and see if I can find it.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Also, take a look at post #8.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ggestions.html

and post #6 here.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...overs-fit.html

Last edited by Undy; 03-20-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:06 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

So should I expect to order these or do they now come with the right washers that you have in the first link? Looks like McMaster only sells them in 50 packs.

Originally Posted by Undy
Old 03-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
So should I expect to order these or do they now come with the right washers that you have in the first link? Looks like McMaster only sells them in 50 packs.
The last I heard they were not. Even with a 50 pack they're pretty cheap. 2 1/2 years later and 10K+ miles there's no seepage around the washers.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Undy
The last I heard they were not. Even with a 50 pack they're pretty cheap. 2 1/2 years later and 10K+ miles there's no seepage around the washers.
Got any you want to sell me that are left over, haha?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Got any you want to sell me that are left over, haha?
Somewhere?? Unfortunately I won't be up in my summer home (where the Z is) until mid-May to look.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Before... Took a lot of clearancing and fit checking but I got them on. They did come with the rubber and stainless washers...

Waiting on the new wires and more parts on their way!!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Sweet! I like it.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice! Looks like shes going to be a handful of fun!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Clutch install in progress...

Old 03-25-2015, 09:04 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good Josh. Definitely curious to see how you like the clutch. I'm sure I'll be doi a clutch in a year or 2 with my new setup.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

So, I'm not going to throw any vendors under the bus just yet, but I have some issues with the shipment of parts that showed up today. Does anyone have any experience with the Torrent Fuel Line kits for Fast rails? Here is what I received today at the end that is supposed to quick disconnect to the factory fuel supply line...

When screwed together it looks like this...

Does anyone know where I can get the correct fitting or line for Saturday delivery this weekend? Need this replacement line ASAP and am also waiting on feedback from the vendor. To give them the benefit at this point I sent the emails this afternoon and they may not have had a chance to response, but I NEED this ASAP. Thanks for anyone's help and more updates to come when we start doing more installation tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:42 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

After some research, what I received is the LS1/LS6 lines... Need any help I can get to get the correct Torrent Black/Black line kit by Saturday. Waiting to discuss with the vendor but if I need additional help, does anyone know who has these in stock?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

In the course of continued learning, here is what I found out... The connection I received (shown in my post above) is shown in pictures for the LS1/LS6 unit. Pictures of the LS7 unit show the quick disconnect, like stock. I learned today that either will fit the car, but the one I received does require you to get in there and tighten it with a wrench. That proved a little more difficult, but everything is on and I'm waiting on a few last minute things and putting the airbox on before the startup tomorrow!

First came the installation of the newly available BLACK LS7 Fast 102. Finish is very nice and it was ported to clean up the internal molding lines and to closely match my MAST 305 heads...

I then installed the factory ZR1 injectors to give me just a little more headroom for my N/A setup (shorty style like the stock LS7 injectors) and some black Fast rails...

Originally I ordered the Black NW 102 throttle body, but it came in as billet, which grew to like more with some contrast to the blacked out theme. I'll likely add in a billet/polished Billet-Tech alternator very soon and polish the factory bracket to set this look off...

I still have some of the wires just hanging there, so it looks a little funny still. I had some custom wires made by Taylor and had them made a hair too long and don't like the 135 degree boot on the spark plug as it touches the header bolts. I'll be having those remade soon to fix this. Overall, I'm getting very close to the finished product, and am pretty happy so far!

Old 03-28-2015, 06:41 AM
Undy
Safety Car

I was going to use ZR1 injectors until I did some research. In fact I had bought a set which I returned.

The ZR1 injectors have a spray pattern and angle of spray designed for the ZR1's boosted intake manifold, which is very different from a NA manifold due to very different port configurations. I was also told that the fuel spray would impinge on the sidewalls of a NA manifold, causing fuel droplets to form. The tuner said he could "tune this out", although it was not ideal. I confirmed this with an fuel injection specialty house.

After dropping +/- $10K into the top end of my motor I made the decision I didn't want a 'bandaid' and I went with a brand new set of matched LS2 Bosch #60 injectors.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I have the same valve covers. How did you plumb the valve cover vents? I'm still deliberating how to spruce mine up.

As far as fuel lines, Holley makes a couple kits that works with their fuel rails. They also have a quick connect fitting. I'll be installed them this weekend and can report back on how well they work, or don't work...
Old 03-28-2015, 06:37 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Michael_D
I have the same valve covers. How did you plumb the valve cover vents? I'm still deliberating how to spruce mine up.

As far as fuel lines, Holley makes a couple kits that works with their fuel rails. They also have a quick connect fitting. I'll be installed them this weekend and can report back on how well they work, or don't work...
I'll take some more detailed pictures next time I'm up at the shop (next weekend), but I put 90 degree elbows off of the valve covers and then cut the connectors off the plastic lines and put them right into the elbow. It actually looks pretty good. I also rerouted the fuel vapor solenoid over to the driver side valve cover and extended the wire hardness to fit it there instead of running the ugly plastic tubing all over the nice new throttle body.

Get notified of new replies

To Enginerd's Build Thread (Pic Heavy!)

Old 03-28-2015, 06:44 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Update, started the car this afternoon. Start up tune was VERY close, but still lean. Did some logging and definitely a huge increase in throttle response. The clutch seemed very smooth but you could make it chatter some if you tried so that will take some getting use to.

Also got my C7 Carbon extended side skirts on. The fitment wasn't great, but after egging out some holes and drilling new ones in some places, some ingenuity and patience, they went on and look outstanding. Keep in mine I used 5mm spacers at all 4 corners and some ET lug nuts which DRASTICALLY changes the look in person. The wheels are much more flush.

Last edited by EnginerdVT; 03-28-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I'll take some more detailed pictures next time I'm up at the shop (next weekend), but I put 90 degree elbows off of the valve covers and then cut the connectors off the plastic lines and put them right into the elbow. It actually looks pretty good. I also rerouted the fuel vapor solenoid over to the driver side valve cover and extended the wire hardness to fit it there instead of running the ugly plastic tubing all over the nice new throttle body.
Some pics would be most appreciated. I am bound and determined to get rid of the plastic lines, and these ugly hoses I am using now. I'm looking at the line to the intake right now. I have bulkhead fittings and that might work.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:45 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Got the street tuning taken care of... I'm taking it to a local car event Saturday!

Last things on the docket are that the custom wires are too long and the bottom boots rest on the header bolts so I'll be cutting them slightly and reinstalling straight boots to better fit.

Last edited by EnginerdVT; 04-01-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Enginerd's Build Thread (Pic Heavy!)