Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] MSD Atomic AirForce /After market fuel rail

Old 07-05-2015, 09:14 AM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default MSD Atomic AirForce /After market fuel rail

Anybody get a set of after market fuel rails to work on MSD intake? They claim they work with after market fuel rails... Not even close without a L bracket and cutting the back of the fuel rail out. Found a picture via the net.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LeftLane Z06
Anybody get a set of after market fuel rails to work on MSD intake? They claim they work with after market fuel rails... Not even close without a L bracket and cutting the back of the fuel rail out. Found a picture via the net.

BUMP, I'm wondering this also
Old 03-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Depends on injector height, and other stuff. Aftermarket rails also vary.

So there sure could be rails that fit with no mods.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

FIC has several different fuel injector spacers for whatever height that you need.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:02 PM
07AOZO6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up some LS7 fuel rails on the big auction site and made them fit!
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:31 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I asked this question a couple months ago (after taking a look at my MSD intake) and the responses I got were "they should fit" but obviously nobody had spent any time with the hardware. The bulges on the MSD make it unfriendly to nearly every rail other than the OEM LS7 rail, which it was clearly designed to use.
The only aftermarket rail that I have seen mounted on an MSD intake is the LS7 FAST rail. Thank you for posting those pics as it is clear that those show the modification process they did in order to get the rails to fit (I was under the impression that they bolted on). I called up Nitrous Outlet and asked them about fitment but nobody there seemed to know if the FAST rail bolted on. I have attached a picture of the finished product (i.e., after the work in your pics), but clearly some machining was needed to make this happen.
So, the fuel rail options are either - (i) use the OEM one, (ii) weld/braze AN fittings onto the OEM one (note that TIG'ing is a little tricky as I took this route, SiBronze filler was needed to keep the welds from cracking on one fitting, and one of the injector hats is very close to one of the weld areas for the AN fitting), (iii) machine an aftermarket rail to fit or (iv) tall (like a bit taller than EV1 adapters) injector hats. MSD could make some easy money by selling a set of rails w/AN fittings that fit, since there is no other plug and play option.

Last edited by RX-Ben; 03-18-2016 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sébast19X (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
I asked this question a couple months ago (after taking a look at my MSD intake) and the responses I got were "they should fit" but obviously nobody had spent any time with the hardware. The bulges on the MSD make it unfriendly to nearly every rail other than the OEM LS7 rail, which it was clearly designed to use.
The only aftermarket rail that I have seen mounted on an MSD intake is the LS7 FAST rail. Thank you for posting those pics as it is clear that those show the modification process they did in order to get the rails to fit (I was under the impression that they bolted on). I called up Nitrous Outlet and asked them about fitment but nobody there seemed to know if the FAST rail bolted on. I have attached a picture of the finished product (i.e., after the work in your pics), but clearly some machining was needed to make this happen.
So, the fuel rail options are either - (i) use the OEM one, (ii) weld/braze AN fittings onto the OEM one (note that TIG'ing is a little tricky as I took this route, SiBronze filler was needed to keep the welds from cracking on one fitting, and one of the injector hats is very close to one of the weld areas for the AN fitting), (iii) machine an aftermarket rail to fit or (iv) tall (like a bit taller than EV1 adapters) injector hats. MSD could make some easy money by selling a set of rails w/AN fittings that fit, since there is no other plug and play option.

Darn,

That is one good looking/clean set up for that multi-port/direct Nitrous set-up!

I love the Nitrous plenums! Very clean and efficient!! Thumbs up!

I'm currently working on a stand-alone set-up for my Z and I'm debating on a direct port or a single fogger plate. I'm only going to spray a 100 shot, so the direct-port may be overkill but I do love the efficiency and ability to avoid random lean cylinders that the plates are notorious for.

This is what (currently) going to do:

Old 03-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Da Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 07AOZO6
Clean!

Where did you relocate your coils?
Old 03-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Z06
Clean!

Where did you relocate your coils?
Looks like he just put covers on. You can see the plugs for the coils sticking out of the coil covers.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:53 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Any updates here?

My ported MSD intake should be back from Mamo next week. I have the red FAST rails pictured above already. I would like to either sell the ported fast with the rails or buy new MSD specific aftermarket rails for it.

If anyone has the specs for the modifications I could machine the rails myself. Any info is helpful. Are they stock injectors or do they have spacers? Any measurements? L bracket size?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

None that I know of. Would make sense for MSD to make some. At the very least it would be helpful to post specs on what needs to be cut from common aftermarket rails to get them to fit.
The length of spacers needed to get an unmodified aftermarket rail to fit is a bit worrisome, which is why I went with a modified OEM rail.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:58 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Looks like the bridgeport is going to be putting in some work. Annoying to say the least. They are missing out on a huge market for something that could be designed in a few hours. I'm sure they would have no issue setting up the manufacturing aspect of it.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:32 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Pretty clean looking engine bay...nice work!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:34 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Are these Aeroflow or Aeromotive? They look to be a different design than the FAST rails as far as how they mount. Did you have to modify them?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I'd stick with the OEM rails unless you're forced to do otherwise.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:48 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

The intake is puke **** ugly as it is. I don't need stock rails helping it out.

Im having a hard enough time swapping from my ported FAST as it is. I just hope its worth it...

Last edited by User Omega; 08-07-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:45 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Okay so here is the update for anyone who may be interested.

I emailed Nitrous Outlet. If you send your MSD intake/FAST rails into them they can modify the fuel rails to fit the intake. I am just going to have them install the fuel rails at the same time they fit the direct rails and nozzles.

Get notified of new replies

To MSD Atomic AirForce /After market fuel rail

Old 03-15-2017, 02:04 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Alright, so it turns out that the milling they performed worked on the intake when it was off of the car but lots of things got in the way once installed. Ultimately I ended up buying FIC height adapters 14mm 1/2". They fit under my direct port stuff just fine. I had to make 2 custom brackets to hold the rail down. I just cut 4 pieces of stainless, bent them 90 deg in the brake, and set them in to gauge where I needed to drill mounting holes. They look great and fit perfectly. The only thing you will need to do other than brackets is to drill and countersink new holes for mounting bolts on rail itself.

Here are a few pics. Forgive my rough bracket edges. I didn't spend a ton of time making them look pretty. You cannot see them with my nitrous logs mounted.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:45 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I think it looks really good! Please post up the gains from the ported FASt to the Mamo ported MSD... I am very interested.

Originally Posted by User Omega
Alright, so it turns out that the milling they performed worked on the intake when it was off of the car but lots of things got in the way once installed. Ultimately I ended up buying FIC height adapters 14mm 1/2". They fit under my direct port stuff just fine. I had to make 2 custom brackets to hold the rail down. I just cut 4 pieces of stainless, bent them 90 deg in the brake, and set them in to gauge where I needed to drill mounting holes. They look great and fit perfectly. The only thing you will need to do other than brackets is to drill and countersink new holes for mounting bolts on rail itself.

Here are a few pics. Forgive my rough bracket edges. I didn't spend a ton of time making them look pretty. You cannot see them with my nitrous logs mounted.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
I think it looks really good! Please post up the gains from the ported FASt to the Mamo ported MSD... I am very interested.
Thank you. Sorry for no HD on the pics. They were just quick phone cam shots.

Once I started this project I really changed so many things that it won't help anyone for me to post before and afters. I will start a thread once I get it tuned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] MSD Atomic AirForce /After market fuel rail