Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Slave Cylinder help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
RowboatLS3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Slave Cylinder help

Installing a centerforce dyad clutch on my buddies 2008 z06 and im having some issues. Installed the clutch and a brand new oem slave cylinder and once i got the car back together the pedal was hard to push down. He decided to push the pedal in using some force and after that it started leaking clutch fluid from the slave cylinder. Tore the car back apart and inspected everything. Everything is installed correctly and still having the same issue. Thought it would be the clutch so i put the oem clutch back in and a new slave and its doing the same thing. Any input here from someone? Ive done plenty of clutch/slave installs on these cars and never had an issue. It seems like the slave cylinder travel is maxed out once its on causing the pedal to be hard and popping the slave everytime the pedal is pushed in. Also, the torque tube doesnt slide on all the way up to the bell housing when trying to go back together. Leaving a 1/4"-1/2" gap. Both concerns are related i just cant pin point what it is exactly. Any input will be appreciated.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Slave Cylinder help