Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 8-Second Twin Turbocharged Corvette Z06 Redefines Fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default 8-Second Twin Turbocharged Corvette Z06 Redefines Fast

8.69 seconds at 153 miles per hour. These are unfathomable numbers for most of us mere mortals who have never built anything like this take-no-prisoners C6 Corvette Z06.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
The following 2 users liked this post by Corvette Forum Editor:
Hirohawa (06-12-2020), Speed Syndicate (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:14 PM
Z2Z
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow! That's fast.

Any more details on this car? I don't really follow these kind of builds, but I'm curious about the transmission. You couldn't even hear it shift.
The following users liked this post:
Speed Syndicate (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM
0Speed Syndicate
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z2Z
Wow! That's fast.

Any more details on this car? I don't really follow these kind of builds, but I'm curious about the transmission. You couldn't even hear it shift.
Car is built by D3 Performance Engineering. It's a twin turbo automatic car. Owner is a great guy and has been in the scene for awhile (S. Dunn).
Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Soul Reaper
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any idea what hood that is?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:39 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Sounds good. I heard 3 shifts during the pass. Maybe its a power-glide transmission. Is that car street legal?
MUKAK (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop
Sounds good. I heard 3 shifts during the pass. Maybe its a power-glide transmission. Is that car street legal?
I suppose that depends on what streets you drive
C5 Hardtop (09-01-2016)
Old 10-16-2019, 04:19 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I can see it did not take this thread long for people to infect it! Wow!

Last edited by Vet Interested; 10-16-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:25 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop
powerglides are 2 speeds
Old 10-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Speedracer42
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

That is LEGIT fast. Sounds for sure like a powerglide, which is good for being consistent, but I prefer a lot more shitting. But damn, does that car rip
Old 06-11-2020, 05:32 PM
C8Ford
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes it appear that Crovette owners don't want any new Corvette owners. Or, it appears that what was a porper Corvette in each generation is not longer a desirable car because its been obsoleted by the newest one. Being a bit tough to justify to GM (or is it Chevrolet; or, is it Corvette?) they instead look at themselves and the car that sort of gave them a new image and become threatenned by some of the losses others have gone out of their way to describe on Forums. Given the number of Porsche owners who also own Corvettes, the idea of being a car guy, a gear head, etc. who just appreciate many versions of the best, no longer holds its own for some people. That also has been pointed out on the Forum by others. There have even been a couple of owners who say they were never interested in a Corvette until the C8 generation just sort of showed up. Some of the questions regarding the C8 will be answered down the line, after enough of them are running around to make whatever statement a car can make, on its own. Don't forget there are people who, "..never buy the first year of a new car or platform." There are some people who's opening statement in the mid-engine forum is, "I can't wait for the Z06 to come out." The LT1, LT2, and LT3 comparisons could lead to some sort of hating showing up. Thus far it has simply been about comparisons. It's OK to wish that the C8 had a stick. It's OK to have the last stick available in a C7, regardless of model. In fact, it gives the car a certain sort of prestige. It may one day lend to its value in the Classic Corvvette world. Should the C8 racing versions ever win one of the really big races, such as LeMans or Sebring or Laguna Seca, Sears Point, or even Willow Springs, or becomes the outright winner at Daytona or some place like Spa, I am going to imagine the C7 owner will not take kindly to it if someone starts bashing the Corvette by saying it was an undeserving winner. Apparently not all Corvette owners or former owners are, "Car Guys," or gear heads. There are Gear Heads who've owned a lot of different cars including Corvettes. There are some Corvette owners who have never owned any other Sports car and so they are mostly just Corvette Heads. Of course, when a beautiful and perfect restoration of a rare C2 comes out and wins, "Best of Show," somewhere while only entering the "Preservation Class," there usually are not too many people who will disagree with that any more than if a C7 won the class or the best of show. Finally, there is the Corvette Museum. It is not just the "C-Anything-Museum." It is the Corvette Museum. It is here in America. It does a reasonably nice job of representing the history of the Corvette. It made lemonade out of lemons with the grand sink hole happening with a portion of the museum dedicated to that. Some people just can't or don't want the Museum Delivery experience, but it is there for those who want it and can do it, including C7 and of course C8 owners, which most recently had the opportunity to take delivery of their vehicles. An addendum to the Museum delivery is that some of the young Corvette owners made money on taking delivery of their C8 at the Museum by documenting it and putting the experiences up on their vlogs, some of which have a lot of views or resulted in subscriptions that made them into young persons folk heros, at least for a time. I can see how that might bother people. There ocntinued to be a few C7 stories as the C8 era has unfolded. The majoirity of the stories involved the C8, and of course being just released this year in February, almost anything that someone did, set a C8 record of some time and was posted somewhere, such as GM Authority, the Corvette Museum newsletter or on a vloggers channel. Kind of natural that should cause a bit of jealousy for someone who drive their Corvette anywhere for a while and received thumbs up and adulation and suddenly can't get the time of day from a journalist nor a regular person/citizen, alike. Time does tend to take care of all of these things. And, strangely, time also helps in some cases to separate fact from fiction for most people. I don't know about you, but I'm sure the earth is flat; not only that, the sun goes round the Earth and there probably is no such thing as black Holes. AF

Get notified of new replies

To 8-Second Twin Turbocharged Corvette Z06 Redefines Fast

Quick Reply: [Z06] 8-Second Twin Turbocharged Corvette Z06 Redefines Fast