Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 04:32 PM
htvette
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I was on the kickstarter list...How do I switch to the pre-order list. I would like to pay now to get it ASAP
Old 12-11-2016, 12:48 AM
Ghost Knight
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Purchased!

Will you be offering a lens installation service?

Last edited by Ghost Knight; 12-11-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:22 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
Won't the old lens have to be un glued (using heat) and then the new lens glued on? Pardon me if I'm wrong but they don't just un bolt off and bolt on. I heard it was a night mare to do this. And the price you quoted above is for a bolt on replacement of the whole unit not just the lens. Again, if I'm wrong just reply so, thanks
Lost track of where we did and didn't post this video, but it should explain your questions in detail.

Originally Posted by outhouse
yes
you do the labor
250 is just for parts
It's for the lenses specifically.

Originally Posted by 2drmadness
Are gaskets included with this?
We have done about 20+ of these exchanges/swaps on Corvette lights for the C6, I would estimate 90% of them reused the gaskets and the remaining 10% the gaskets were "passable" but not great.

Right this minute, we have no plans to offer gaskets, but that may change.
Originally Posted by outhouse
Doesn't look like it or sealant
plenty of vids out there on exactly how toos
The sealant is an option you can purchase on our site. it's absolutely recommended but not required.

Originally Posted by yip
Pre ordered on the site!

Looking forward to getting these as the faded OEM lenses were the first thing I noticed when i bought my C6.
YES! Thanks!

Originally Posted by htvette
I was on the kickstarter list...How do I switch to the pre-order list. I would like to pay now to get it ASAP
We'll be mailing out a little update to the KS backers, but yes, you probably have had it returned back to you so you can order right on the site to be one of the first.

Originally Posted by Ghost Knight
Purchased!

Will you be offering a lens installation service?
Yes, we absolutely will be offering that. Our standard price varies based on the year of your car. I forget which ones have the more difficult sealant to open but the more difficult ones take 2X the time as the easier ones. $250 to open for the easier ones and $350 for the harder ones is our current pricing, but it may be lowered if we have 5-10 to do at a time as a 'group pricing' model will take effect.

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 12-11-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:39 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

ordered the lenses, would like to get information as to what is required for me to get you my headlights to perform some additional work and then install the lenses............

PM here if that works for you......................
Old 12-12-2016, 11:43 PM
BrownVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

where can i Pre-order the lenses at? I've checked all 3 links and have come to a dead end, please PM me
Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BrownVette
where can i Pre-order the lenses at? I've checked all 3 links and have come to a dead end, please PM me
www.umnitza.com
here is the link directly:
https://www.umnitza.com/chevrolet-co...ht-lenses.html
Old 12-13-2016, 11:47 AM
BrownVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com

Great!!! Thank you, I will be ordering this afternoon!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:00 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Some minor updates.

We have received the prototypes, and judging by the detailed comparison, they are virtually indistinguishable except for the GM/DOT related markings from the originals...see photos.

The last photo is particularly interesting because the small "line" will be preserved that is similar to the original lenses. However, we're still exploring how to add a feature that we would like to see in these.

We just spoke to the factory and they said that the prototypes are finished and input directly into the CAD, there will be no further delay of sending the prototypes back for production unless we add those features we want. Once we test fit (one of the next 5 days depending on our tester's availability) we will post pictures.

The prototype does not have any UV coating on it (internal or external) so while some of you may pressure us into selling it to you (it is after all a $1700 prototype) we will not do so because it will yellow and fade within 1 year of use.

Finally, if ANYONE is in the bay area and wants to validate that we're not just blowing smoke up anyone's butt, come on over and see them for yourselves...

Old 12-16-2016, 08:17 AM
rhinonm
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

"unless we add those features we want" curious as to what these features are?
Old 12-16-2016, 10:42 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

We outlined it in one if the posts I think but its a little cluster in the acrylic designed to diffuse the turn signals for greater spread through the lens. Look at the Honda lenses and Charger lenses for that. Still seeing if its possible.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:45 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

There is a slight delay as a key member of the team was out of commission last week so delayed the process by a week. Given Chinese New Year delays, we expect production to complete mid to late January or early February. Fingers cross but we will complete this.

Here is the pre-final test fitment of the lenses. While the photos aren't big (our fault) they give you the details you need.

1) The inner trim pieces lock in exactly where they should
2) All the "divets" and crevices are exactly like the OEM units
3) Acrylic is hyper polished.

We really would like to take this time to encourage those of you on the fence to jump in...or on the diving board to dive in.

The reality is, there are always ways to expedite delivery and with more orders, we will have the opportunity to possibly pay an expedite fee that would speed things up.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Z06Qazi
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

DAVID FISHER ARE YOU READING THIS !?!?!?!?!?!?! put the ****** down and come in here !
Old 01-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Davewhitegt
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Qazi
DAVID FISHER ARE YOU READING THIS !?!?!?!?!?!?! put the ****** down and come in here !
Old 01-04-2017, 12:42 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06Qazi
Originally Posted by Davewhitegt
Who is David Fisher?
And why is he using marital aids
Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Davewhitegt
Instructor

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
Who is David Fisher?
And why is he using marital aids
Lol, Matt, I put my order in with you from work this afternoon.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

I have good news and a little bad news. But I'll keep you guys posted because I don't want to give away too much - because a LOT of people are watching this.

We've been negotiating with the mold factory pretty much all week, since the timezone is quite different, it's challenging.

So here are some concessions we've had them make.

1) Initially, we wanted them to make 50 unit pairs immediately to fill the immediate pre-orders

Given the high demand and rising rate of pre-orders, this is no longer feasible as it will not fill the pre-orders, so we've had to expand the initial order size

2) Initially, we aimed for end of December, which then moved to end of January, that is no longer possible. Took 2 full weeks to get the final terms figured out and we're 99% of the way there, we should be done by Monday with that - a deposit has already been paid, so we're on our way.

3 factors are contributing,
  • Chinese New Year (yes, being made in China, like your iPhone and many other complex parts) will delay the production by 2 weeks
  • See #1, WE'RE UPPING PRODUCTION FOR THE INITIAL BATCH DUE TO DEMAND
  • Delay in negotiating terms and details -

So given all the details, here is the date we've been given.

February 25th. We will have well over the current demand available but...see below.
The lenses will be sent in properly sized and padded boxes
---

We have the ability to pay an expedite fee on Jan 20th, that expedite fee MAY save us a full week and a half. Please continue to do your pre-orders at the $250 price point. On Jan 20th, that price point will be $300.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

A LOT, and by a LOT, I mean a LOT are asking about the service for us to remove your headlight lenses and install the covers, which will involve:
a) you shipping us the headlights and we do the work
b) you driving to us and we do the work
c) you going to one of our authorized reseller/installers and doing the work

As we start to line people up around the country, preference will be given to folks in the following way:

1) Those who ordered first will be given first labor option (meaning if you pre-ordered in November when we announced, you will be the first one we work on even if someone who ordered in January sends his lights in 1 day before you).

2) Next will be those that have simplified installs - just covers, or just covers, clear film, and new gaskets (self-provided for now). The more complex installs like - angel eyes, led strips, projector clear lenses, etc. will be scheduled out for time.

3) Finally, groups (for example, we were contacted by a dealer who wants to send us 10 sets of lights so we can do ALL of them at once).

One final note, please remember, some headlight seals take longer than others, historically we have charged $250 for the easier to open lights and $350 for the harder to open lights.
----
OH, yeah, keep the pre-orders coming, remember, once we reach 100 pre-orders and we're awfully close, the price will go up.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Davewhitegt
Instructor

Started mine already, just waiting on my lenses. Question, do the new lenses come with the roll of glue to shove in the chanel, or do I have to order that separate?

Old 01-13-2017, 12:40 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

the butyl is separate doesn't come with the lenses.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:35 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

There is the difference between our lenses and any other lenses being produced. We won't make any veiled references to either lenses, you decide which one works for you best and what price works for you. I can assure you all that we will have a great quality product.

Couple of important updates
1) We are working on DOT approval with the factory
2) We have over 85 pre-orders, if you have not submitted your order yet, please consider it.
3) February 25th is still looking strong but there is going to be "dead" time from tomorrow through Feb 4th, so other than us doing some more light testing and fitting, we will be going "dark" except for the occasional bump of a thread to entice more people to join in.

As mentioned elsewhere, we have been doing headlights for over 17 years now, one of the first innovators of customized headlight production ever. Being a trend setter hasn't always been easy, but it's been fun.

And to borrow a silly slogan,
"We will make your Corvette Headlights great again"

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses