Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone here previously owned this car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Mastersorbet
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Anyone here previously owned this car?

Hi guys and gals-

I'm contemplating in buying a z06 and this is one I have in mind to get. Did it previously belonged to anyone here.

http://www.corvettewarehouse.com/200...-Texas/6008130

Last edited by Mastersorbet; 12-31-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:46 PM
Whysoslow
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure of any previous owners but I was also interested in this car. Being from New Hampshire I asked the southwest group if someone would check it out for me. 3-4 quick responses were that their cars are priced lower because they aren't perfect cars. They also don't wiggle on their prices, at least not on the phone or online.

If you're local take it out for a drive, I believe the Carfax is on their site and it comes back good. Most of those guys said the paint might not be great or some underlying issues you'll end up finding and having to pay for. You can check out my thread for exact comments. Anyway, good luck on your search. I just bought mine today.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Mastersorbet
Racer

Originally Posted by Whysoslow
Not sure of any previous owners but I was also interested in this car. Being from New Hampshire I asked the southwest group if someone would check it out for me. 3-4 quick responses were that their cars are priced lower because they aren't perfect cars. They also don't wiggle on their prices, at least not on the phone or online.

If you're local take it out for a drive, I believe the Carfax is on their site and it comes back good. Most of those guys said the paint might not be great or some underlying issues you'll end up finding and having to pay for. You can check out my thread for exact comments. Anyway, good luck on your search. I just bought mine today.
First off, congratz on your car. I did see the car up close and yes, the paint needs some love and it's been modified (bolt-ons) but didn't sound like it was cammed. The interior was looking ok and the radio was a kenwood aftermarket unit wich looked good. The think i have with modified cars it's that it raises the question "how hard has it been abused?" If i get super serious about buying it and sell my current 2008 z51, I may go back and work a deal. Wish that i could find a previous owner to get more information than what's on carfax.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:05 AM
jb78L-82
Le Mans Master

Received 740 Likes on 617 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastersorbet
First off, congratz on your car. I did see the car up close and yes, the paint needs some love and it's been modified (bolt-ons) but didn't sound like it was cammed. The interior was looking ok and the radio was a kenwood aftermarket unit wich looked good. The think i have with modified cars it's that it raises the question "how hard has it been abused?" If i get super serious about buying it and sell my current 2008 z51, I may go back and work a deal. Wish that i could find a previous owner to get more information than what's on carfax.

One of the reason I bought my 10 C6Z06 new was that I was just not comfortable buying a Z06 used and double down on that feeling with a modified Z06 BUT as long as you know that going in and the car meets your price point, these cars are terrific for the supercar performance at a bargain price.....
Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Whysoslow
Advanced

thanks,

Honestly, at this point no matter if it is stock or modded to any degree, you have to assume it's been driven hard at least a few times.

if the heads were done as part of the modding process would be the biggest point for me. luckily i found a stock 27k mile car with heads fixed already by a reputable shop.

after all, it's a performance car and will always be one. the biggest thing i have noticed looking at so many of these, is how quick the cars go from 1 owners to 3,4,5 owners. 1st owner will keep the car for 7-8 years and then the next 3 spend 6-12 months with it. that kind of worries me being beat on by different people for short periods of time.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Mastersorbet
Racer

thanks,

Honestly, at this point no matter if it is stock or modded to any degree, you have to assume it's been driven hard at least a few times.

if the heads were done as part of the modding process would be the biggest point for me. luckily i found a stock 27k mile car with heads fixed already by a reputable shop.

after all, it's a performance car and will always be one. the biggest thing i have noticed looking at so many of these, is how quick the cars go from 1 owners to 3,4,5 owners. 1st owner will keep the car for 7-8 years and then the next 3 spend 6-12 months with it. that kind of worries me being beat on by different people for short periods of time.
One thing i though of just now is that what i should do is go back to the dealer, test drive it and take an oil sample to have it analyzed before i buy it. This way if there's evidence of potential damage i could know before purchase.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Whysoslow
Advanced

One thing i though of just now is that what i should do is go back to the dealer, test drive it and take an oil sample to have it analyzed before i buy it. This way if there's evidence of potential damage i could know before purchase.
definitely drive it. never heard of anyone doing an oil analysis before buying a car but if it helps and they don't mind go for it. small cost is better than big costs down the road.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:15 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Just a thought, buy an extended warranty for piece of mind!! May be pricey but at least your a little more at ease!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Mastersorbet
Racer

definitely drive it. never heard of anyone doing an oil analysis before buying a car but if it helps and they don't mind go for it. small cost is better than big costs down the road.
They're worth it. I've done them on all my vehicles and it's a good way to know how the engine is doing. Here's mine in the attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
08 CORVETTE-091116.pdf (17.3 KB, 280 views)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone here previously owned this car?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone here previously owned this car?