Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Heintz Racing tuned H,C,I,E jsb '08z dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:13 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by FRCEFED

To the OP; the MT's I've not had an issue with thus far. They hook extremely well on the street and I've not experienced much looseness/walking on the big end. Even at 160+
But Sir, YOU are the OP.

Glad to hear about those tires as I am debating getting them for my 20" Forged 360's.

What I will be curious to see though, is just how long they last.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM
FRCEFED
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
But Sir, YOU are the OP.

Glad to hear about those tires as I am debating getting them for my 20" Forged 360's.

What I will be curious to see though, is just how long they last.
Ha.
Now THAT will depend on how often and how hard you drive
Mine spends most of it's time tucked away, but when she does come out she'll see a spirited run here and there. 360 Forged makes some BA wheels. Love mine.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:16 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Ha.
Now THAT will depend on how often and how hard you drive
Mine spends most of it's time tucked away, but when she does come out she'll see a spirited run here and there. 360 Forged makes some BA wheels. Love mine.
Just checked and it appears those tires are sold out every where. Hopefully they will come back in stock by spring time. Or even better yet, hopefully more options will become available in this size. Us and the C7Z guys have SO FEW options for traction!! And I agree on the Forged 360 wheels!

Old 01-05-2017, 04:34 PM
FRCEFED
Pro

Just checked and it appears those tires are sold out every where. Hopefully they will come back in stock by spring time. Or even better yet, hopefully more options will become available in this size. Us and the C7Z guys have SO FEW options for traction!! And I agree on the Forged 360 wheels!

Beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
kbreese (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 05:06 PM
hodge9386
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would do a lot of very dirty and probably illegal things in some states for that orange car lol. Very nice sir. Matt you car is ok too.
kbreese (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 06:46 PM
FRCEFED
Pro

Originally Posted by hodge9386
I would do a lot of very dirty and probably illegal things in some states for that orange car lol. Very nice sir. Matt you car is ok too.
Sorry kbreese. John kinda has a thing for AO c6z's lol.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:55 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry kbreese. John kinda has a thing for AO c6z's lol.
Haha, no worries I enjoyed the compliment to the car
Old 01-05-2017, 08:46 PM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So how do u really feel, lol.
The FAST is still a fine option. Is it the best or latest and greatest; no. 10lbs heavier than the oem piece; doubtful. As far as the spacers go; the FIC's are a top mount hat style that secure into the rail, not the manifold. The injs seat directly into the intake manifold. I cannot see how this would hurt or affect the spray pattern. If I were using the fast style spacers that mount in the actual manifold, maybe. Running mid 90's on the injs should be just fine. Next round of mods they'll be replaced. Likely with some ID's.

To the OP; the MT's I've not had an issue with thus far. They hook extremely well on the street and I've not experienced much looseness/walking on the big end. Even at 160+
Tried the top side too. There is 58psi in the rail and to the injector, unless you double clip them (which I did) an impact could separate them spraying fuel on to you hot engine. (Ticking Time Bomb)
A gallon of gasoline has the equivalent energy of a 100 sticks of dynamite.
I'm sure if GM put something like that out they would probably get their pants sued off.

The second thing I didn't like about running those injectors in the 90's, which is virtually on all the time, is the fuel rail's filling hole is off center and the spacer is centered, take a look at the obstructed flow the fuel goes through when the spacer is pushed up in the rail.

If I do this much attention to detail on just the physical operation of aftermarket parts, imagine the precision I expect from the tune with the right injectors.

With over 500 to the wheels, you got some to spare.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 PM
hodge9386
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well im stuck with this thing and have to look at sweet C6Zs all the time.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hodge9386
Well im stuck with this thing and have to look at sweet C6Zs all the time.
Your time will come. Nice C5 tho
Old 01-06-2017, 05:29 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Great Numbers Jack!!!

I'm drooling over your Silvarado.

Thank you for your business and if you ever need anything from us please dont hesitate to ask.

Great looking Z06 by the way!

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Great Numbers Jack!!!

I'm drooling over your Silvarado.

Thank you for your business and if you ever need anything from us please dont hesitate to ask.

Great looking Z06 by the way!

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Jack actually sold me the car back in June.

-Matt

How did you even know this used to be Jack's Z??

Nm. I assume you saw the kaisen speed dyno graph pic with Jack's name.

Last edited by FRCEFED; 01-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:48 PM
JP426
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Jack actually sold me the car back in June.

-Matt

How did you even know this used to be Jack's Z?? lol
Looking good Matt, nice gains, it definitely needed that boost in torque.
Glad you are treating her right and that you are happy with the car.

Jack
Old 01-06-2017, 09:26 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Nice torque curve, especially above 5K
Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 AM
Ghost Knight
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

360 Forged GT Spec 5's; 19x10, 20x13

Yeah, the btr 3 falls off a little after 62-6400 but makes a good deal of tq. Not sure how it would compare to a btr 4 on my setup. I have a few additional changes in mind (2" arh LT's, catless mid, b&b fusion & poss. a mamo msd). May look into a cam change and milling the heads more as well. Would like to work towards 600+whp sae n/a.
Nice setup!

We have very similar setups BTR 3, 1 7/8 ARH catted, stock TB, but I have a ported MSD and heads done by Advanced Induction (milled 0.030"). I made 625/561 SAE (616 SAE on 93). Your cam isn't the limiting factor, nor is it your header size IMO. I would swap to a Mamo MSD and see how it does. I'd speculate you'll get at least 20whp, if not more. It is the easiest mod to swap too.

Once again, nice ride man.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:05 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Originally Posted by Ghost Knight
Nice setup!

We have very similar setups BTR 3, 1 7/8 ARH catted, stock TB, but I have a ported MSD and heads done by Advanced Induction (milled 0.030"). I made 625/561 SAE (616 SAE on 93). Your cam isn't the limiting factor, nor is it your header size IMO. I would swap to a Mamo MSD and see how it does. I'd speculate you'll get at least 20whp, if not more. It is the easiest mod to swap too.

Once again, nice ride man.
But I JUST put the FAST on!! lol! Honestly though Ghost, you're likely right. As mentioned, milling the heads to .030 will likely give me a decent bump also. We'll see. Gonna try to enjoy it for a bit and maybe get the clutch done and out of the way before I go searching for additional power. It's just hard to not want more more more I'm used to 1000+whp TT cars! ha
Old 01-07-2017, 08:53 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

But I JUST put the FAST on!! lol! Honestly though Ghost, you're likely right. As mentioned, milling the heads to .030 will likely give me a decent bump also. We'll see. Gonna try to enjoy it for a bit and maybe get the clutch done and out of the way before I go searching for additional power. It's just hard to not want more more more I'm used to 1000+whp TT cars! ha
Love the looks of your engine compartment!!! I have a similar cam 240/252 on 113 lsa with Advanced Induction .030" heads and MAMO MSD. On DynoJet I am at 625 rwhp. I also have Johnson short travel lifters you may want to think about if you pull the heads for a bump i compression. What are those valve covers you are running?? I need those in my life!!

Get notified of new replies

To Heintz Racing tuned H,C,I,E jsb '08z dyno results

Old 01-07-2017, 08:54 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Originally Posted by tdeweese
Love the looks of your engine compartment!!! I have a similar cam 240/252 on 113 lsa with Advanced Induction .030" heads and MAMO MSD. On DynoJet I am at 625 rwhp. I also have Johnson short travel lifters you may want to think about if you pull the heads for a bump i compression. What are those valve covers you are running?? I need those in my life!!
They are the 'tall' Holley covers.

What are the benefits going to the Johnson short travels?

Last edited by FRCEFED; 01-07-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:54 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Awesome looking!! I am looking at similar wheels now... My question is what is on that heavy duty aluminum trailer?? I'm a go fast boat guy so just wondering... LOL
kbreese (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 AM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tdeweese
Awesome looking!! I am looking at similar wheels now... My question is what is on that heavy duty aluminum trailer?? I'm a go fast boat guy so just wondering... LOL
Sorry I can't answer your question about the trailer. That picture was taken by the previous owner. It was what I had immediately available to me here at work. I have no trailer and my garage is not nearly that nice, haha.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Heintz Racing tuned H,C,I,E jsb '08z dyno results