Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] H/C/E85 Tune results

Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,493 Likes on 2,590 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Fixed the ride height issue.

So, I took the plunge and ordered a Mamo MSD and NW102 throttle body. I have a problem with buying stuff "just for now" with the idea of upgrading later on. I'm trying to break that habit. I went back and forth for a long time on the manifold/tb setup and told myself that it's not worth NOT going all in with the Mamo setup.

As far as expected whp/tq gains, I'd honestly be happy with a fatter mid-range and another 20hp/20tq peak gains. I don't think I will hit that magic 600whp number this go round. I feel there may some inefficiencies with my setup and it may boil down to the heads. I don't think the headers are holding me back as much as I want to believe they are.

I was also thinking of switching my Haltech 103 for something else, but I want to try to get a "true" before and after comparison. Hoping DSteck at DMS will still be my tuner and have an appointment setup in the next few weeks.

After this, I am 90% certain I will collaborate with Tony to go with his MMS265 head setup and custom spec'd cam.

Lastly, I have to give a shout-out to the wife. Without her support, I wouldn't be able to do any of this. She knows pretty much exactly what I've spent on this car so far and doesn't mind. She loves riding in it.
Enjoy the journey. Let me know how the aero adjustment works the next time you have a chance to run it to high speed.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:40 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 891 Likes on 684 Posts

Thanks man! I took the 17s off when I made the height adjustment. Probably won't put them back on until the manifold is on and retuned.

Throttle body should be here Monday and the manifold will ship on Monday and arrive Thursday.

I don't think it will be a problem, but I plan to install the manifold this coming weekend or the next and run it through some heat cycles to make sure everything is tight and no leaks before the retune.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:17 PM
UniTink72
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be able to hit 600 once you let that thing breathe (in) more freely. Take a look at my setup:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-results.html
Thats prolly a little bit of a happy dyno, but whatever the real HP number is the car is insanely fast. Very happy with the setup.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:52 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by UniTink72
You should be able to hit 600 once you let that thing breathe (in) more freely. Take a look at my setup:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-results.html
Thats prolly a little bit of a happy dyno, but whatever the real HP number is the car is insanely fast. Very happy with the setup.
Awesome setup! I originally wanted to run higher compression but I wasn't 100% sure I was going to run e85 at first. Now that I am, I wish I mill the heads more.

In the back of my mind, I'm hoping this will get me to 600, but I'll be happy with any gains that comes from this. The car is already MUCH faster than it was stock. Anxious to see how much it'll pick up with the manifold/tb
Old 04-24-2017, 01:20 PM
UniTink72
Instructor

Yea here in Iowa e85 is readily available, so I was OK locking the car into it. The sensor was really cheap to add, maybe $100 in parts at the most, and that enables the tuner take out timing if it sees regular gas.

I also hand-ported my FAST intake, I think some of my gains were because of that. I'll never know how much that NW TB added, but it was kind of hard laying down that amount of cash. Oh well, its done and I drive a rocket.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:34 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Availability here in Texas is pretty great as well. I was more worried about the initial cost of extra parts (flex sensor, injectors, pump) when I was piecing everything together. Luckily, I got a GREAT deal on my ID1000s which allowed me to make the move to flex fuel. I have yet to run 93 since I've gone H/C. I'll be taking the car on a ~1000mi round trip for the 4th of July. I'm pretty pumped.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by UniTink72
Yea here in Iowa e85 is readily available, so I was OK locking the car into it. The sensor was really cheap to add, maybe $100 in parts at the most, and that enables the tuner take out timing if it sees regular gas.

I also hand-ported my FAST intake, I think some of my gains were because of that. I'll never know how much that NW TB added, but it was kind of hard laying down that amount of cash. Oh well, its done and I drive a rocket.
Its not just timing, but it adjust the afr specially for the % ethanol. So you can mix/match and run anything from pure gas to e100 and have accurate fuel and timing.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 PM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Its not just timing, but it adjust the afr specially for the % ethanol. So you can mix/match and run anything from pure gas to e100 and have accurate fuel and timing.
Exactly.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 PM
UniTink72
Instructor

Originally Posted by Unreal
Makes sense. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I just thought it would be fun to compare your car with mine because we have the same tuner, both on Flex-Fuel, both used LME for our heads, and the same dyno. The 2 different overlaid graphs represent b4 this round of mods and after when we added flexfuel/ ported heads/ headers.

Now I have an LS3 and a very small street cam (219/227, what they listed on this dyno chart is not my cam spec, although close). I also have Kooks catted headers. (you shouldn't have cheap-ed out here imo)

The tricky thing is, for me is that Dedicated's computer lost my final dyno numbers so I was never able to obtain it. In fact they sent me my 'final results' that showed like 20 hp less than what I knew for a fact they had emailed me days earlier. In one of these funny modern google things I don't understand, I then found the higher dyno chart they had emailed me while still tuning at one point on an old computer in some weird file I don't normally look in, months later! That is the file I'm attaching here for your enjoyment.

It still was not my final configuration as David was kind enough to pull the Halltech off his personal car to show me that the Halltech would dyno more power than the Vararam I had, and I soon switched to the Halltech and they kindly swapped the MAP signaling over to match the Halltech. I remember Dave told me 'I thought the Halltech would be worth more hp but it still gained you a solid 5rwhp. But once again, I never got a true final dyno chart of my final configuration.

Anyways, they did a solid job on the car and the programming is ****.

Here is my dyno chart for your enjoyment. I can see that your car is more choked up top and at about 5900 it goes pretty flat. I don't have this dyno chart either but I gained 17hp/ 14tq on E85, so I gained more % power with the E85 than you because, I assume, you have a much larger cam and therefore have less dynamic compression than I (I had .0030 or .0040" milled off), but I'm not real smart on these things.

Last edited by Suns_PSD; 04-25-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
I just thought it would be fun to compare your car with mine because we have the same tuner, both on Flex-Fuel, both used LME for our heads, and the same dyno. The 2 different overlaid graphs represent b4 this round of mods and after when we added flexfuel/ ported heads/ headers.

Now I have an LS3 and a very small street cam (219/227, what they listed on this dyno chart is not my cam spec, although close). I also have Kooks catted headers. (you shouldn't have cheap-ed out here imo)

The tricky thing is, for me is that Dedicated's computer lost my final dyno numbers so I was never able to obtain it. In fact they sent me my 'final results' that showed like 20 hp less than what I knew for a fact they had emailed me days earlier. In one of these funny modern google things I don't understand, I then found the higher dyno chart they had emailed me while still tuning at one point on an old computer in some weird file I don't normally look in, months later! That is the file I'm attaching here for your enjoyment.

It still was not my final configuration as David was kind enough to pull the Halltech off his personal car to show me that the Halltech would dyno more power than the Vararam I had, and I soon switched to the Halltech and they kindly swapped the MAP signaling over to match the Halltech. I remember Dave told me 'I thought the Halltech would be worth more hp but it still gained you a solid 5rwhp. But once again, I never got a true final dyno chart of my final configuration.

Anyways, they did a solid job on the car and the programming is ****.

Here is my dyno chart for your enjoyment. I can see that your car is more choked up top and at about 5900 it goes pretty flat. I don't have this dyno chart either but I gained 17hp/ 14tq on E85, so I gained more % power with the E85 than you because, I assume, you have a much larger cam and therefore have less dynamic compression than I (I had .0030 or .0040" milled off), but I'm not real smart on these things.
The chart you quoted was just heads, cam, and e85. 100% stock exhaust and 100% stock intake/tb. I agree with your opinion on my choice of headers. Nothing I can do about it now but plan on changing them out in the future.

The second chart posted is after the header install and retune. It's also not the actual final numbers. I was told it made a few more hp and tq than the graph showed.

The car runs great and power comes on fast and strong. I have seen/talked to a few people that have made around the same power with a very similar setup to mine. The MSD and 102 TB I ordered should increase gains throughout the whole powerband and can't wait to get it retuned.

Are you from Austin?

Last edited by jayyyw; 04-25-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

The chart you quoted was just heads, cam, and e85. 100% stock exhaust and 100% stock intake/tb. I agree with your opinion on my choice of headers. Nothing I can do about it now but plan on changing them out in the future.

The second chart posted is after the header install and retune. It's also not the actual final numbers. I was told it made a few more hp and tq than the graph showed.

The car runs great and power comes on fast and strong. I have seen/talked to a few people that have made around the same power with a very similar setup to mine. The MSD and 102 TB I ordered should increase gains throughout the whole powerband and can't wait to get it retuned.

Are you from Austin?
I'm sure it's a haus! Congrats.

I live in South Austin. You?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:53 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

North Austin, near Pfluggerville

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] H/C/E85 Tune results