My 08 Z06 - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 08 Z06

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #21
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Yessir, that would be him. Good dude, and he can drive a little bit!
Ya i havent met him but he sure can drive!
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
C2Racer
CF Senior Member
 
C2Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 881
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

This is exactly what I'm looking at doing with a Z06 maybe although a tire trailer to tow to the track. I have 2 vintage race Vette's but the cars and trailer are in Highland Village and I'm in Dallas so a car I can get into and head out is next on my list. Your mods are exactly the starting point info I was looking for.

What about sway bars, any change with the coilovers?

Subscribed, Thanks

Last edited by C2Racer; 02-14-2017 at 05:36 PM.
C2Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #23
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Racer View Post
This is exactly what I'm looking at doing with a Z06 maybe although a tire trailer to tow to the track. I have 2 vintage race Vette's but the cars and trailer are in Highland Village and I'm in Dallas so a car I can get into and head out is next on my list. Your mods are exactly the starting point info I was looking for.

What about sway bars, any change with the coilovers?

Subscribed, Thanks

So i saw a huge change in the car from the factory leafs to coilover. Sway bars are in the immediate future for the car. I will most likely be done with all the major car mods after i do the heads and sway bars. I have wheels and tires on order also. The way i look at it, 600whp motorsports quality shocks and stick tires is they way to go!
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #24
DWRAT
CF Senior Member
 
DWRAT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 139
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Looks like you have a future racer for sure.
Good job dad.

Last edited by DWRAT; 02-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.
DWRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #25
_BlueZ06_
CF Member
 
_BlueZ06_'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 52
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default New Car

Congrats on the car. I bought my car mainly for the track as well. I will be at the Optima event in NOLA this year.
_BlueZ06_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BlueZ06_ View Post
Congrats on the car. I bought my car mainly for the track as well. I will be at the Optima event in NOLA this year.
Aw NOLA sold out before I could sign up. I got on the waiting list tho hopefully ill see you their!

Last edited by 08Z; 02-15-2017 at 11:32 AM.
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #27
blkbrd69
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
blkbrd69's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 1,534
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

And the journey begins.

Texas=Engine Cooling, oil cooling, brake cooling ext......

blkbrd69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #28
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Yes I have noticed just in the two cources ive ran this car likes to run hot. I saw oil temps in the 280's... Coolers are going to be a must!
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #30
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports View Post
Looks good!

thanks i I actually just was at LG picking up the cat deletes!

Last edited by 08Z; 02-17-2017 at 02:22 PM.
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #31
Z.06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Fulshear TX
Posts: 531
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Engine Oil System, etc

I did not see anything about the engine oil system and am wondering what you may have done to address the known issues in extended left hand turns at high G? LPE oil sump tank? ARE system? Also I did not see an answer to the question about your heads (specifically the valve guide issue).

What CarboTech brake pad compounds are you using and have you found it necessary to improve the air cooling to the front disks? Has this problem been addressed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Z View Post
The car came with ported intake manifold, lg headers with cats and x pipe, gt20 cam, vararam intake and a tune
Z.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #32
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.06 View Post
I did not see anything about the engine oil system and am wondering what you may have done to address the known issues in extended left hand turns at high G? LPE oil sump tank? ARE system? Also I did not see an answer to the question about your heads (specifically the valve guide issue).

What CarboTech brake pad compounds are you using and have you found it necessary to improve the air cooling to the front disks? Has this problem been addressed?
I have done noting to address oil issues only because i haven noticed any issues. When on the track I am constantly looking at oil pressure and temps. If or when I do notice a problem i will not hesitate to correct it.

As far as heads I have not addressed the issue yet. It will be addressed next month.
But at the same time it kinda has me thinking since the previous owner did get a cam package from 21st century i would think when they were changing out springs they would check to see if anything was out of spec.
But I cannot assume anything which is why next month i will be swapping out heads.
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #33
Z.06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Fulshear TX
Posts: 531
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Zero Oil Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Z View Post
I have done noting to address oil issues only because i haven noticed any issues. When on the track I am constantly looking at oil pressure and temps. If or when I do notice a problem i will not hesitate to correct it.

As far as heads I have not addressed the issue yet. It will be addressed next month.
But at the same time it kinda has me thinking since the previous owner did get a cam package from 21st century i would think when they were changing out springs they would check to see if anything was out of spec.
But I cannot assume anything which is why next month i will be swapping out heads.
Strongly recommend you look at older threads by Dreamin on this issue. He instrumented his Z06 with a piezoelectric pressure transmitter and a datalogger to do the definitive work. You can watch your gauges all day long, but it has been shown that the bandwidth of the OEM transducer/gauge will not let you know that the oil pressure dips are happening.

Check it out:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hard-data.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tarvation.html

If you run on TWS, watch out for the Turn 1-2 complex and the Turn 5-6 complex in particular. If you run on COTA, this track may not put as much stress on the situation.

I will be at TWS on March 24-25 for an HDPE. PM me if you are planning to be there.
Z.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #34
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.06 View Post
Strongly recommend you look at older threads by Dreamin on this issue. He instrumented his Z06 with a piezoelectric pressure transmitter and a datalogger to do the definitive work. You can watch your gauges all day long, but it has been shown that the bandwidth of the OEM transducer/gauge will not let you know that the oil pressure dips are happening.

Check it out:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hard-data.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tarvation.html

If you run on TWS, watch out for the Turn 1-2 complex and the Turn 5-6 complex in particular. If you run on COTA, this track may not put as much stress on the situation.

I will be at TWS on March 24-25 for an HDPE. PM me if you are planning to be there.


Thanks for the info! What kinda times do you run at TWS? Do you run street tires or hoosiers?
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #35
Z.06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Fulshear TX
Posts: 531
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default TWS, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Z View Post
Thanks for the info! What kinda times do you run at TWS? Do you run street tires or hoosiers?
I'll send you a PM.
Z.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #36
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Got these today from 21 Century Muscle Cars! Along with the PFADT Sway Bars!










08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08Z For This Useful Post:
jayyyw (02-24-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #37
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

So I got the new heads on over the weekend and man what a chore it was. Passenger side was cake but drivers side... Well it was a little frustrating. Anyway here are a few pictures from the swap. The last picture was my sons work on the old heads lol








08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #38
MTBSully
CF Senior Member
 
MTBSully's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Weymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 734
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Nice! How did you clean the deck surface? i am leaning towards 400 grit sandpaper and some wd40. Already removed heavy carbon deposits with a razor blade
MTBSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #39
08Z
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 88
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBSully View Post
Nice! How did you clean the deck surface? i am leaning towards 400 grit sandpaper and some wd40. Already removed heavy carbon deposits with a razor blade
So i forgot to take pictures after i cleaned it these were before pictures of the deck. I just used a razor blade as it took everything off in the first pass
08Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #40
jayyyw
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Austin Tx
Posts: 429
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBSully View Post
Nice! How did you clean the deck surface? i am leaning towards 400 grit sandpaper and some wd40. Already removed heavy carbon deposits with a razor blade
After using a razor blade to remove the bigger pieces of gasket I bought some "Oops!" from Autozone to remove the rest. Pour some on a microfiber towel and scrub away. It worked amazing! I tried wd-40 as well and it wasn't working as good. Goof Off should work as well.

jayyyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • My 08 Z06
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    FS: 1970 ls5 project Poboyracin C3s for Sale/Wanted 24 05-24-2017 08:25 PM
    Pictures from Car Show - Estero FL Mike98SilVert C5 General 17 05-10-2017 07:44 PM
    FS: 92 zr-1 trans zf6 speed w/ black tags Rich_Holl C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted 7 04-06-2017 03:51 PM
    1978 Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car 6140 miles Colbyv C3s for Sale/Wanted 6 03-03-2017 06:52 PM
    FS Michelin Pilot SS 275-35-18 one pair. Z51JEFF Wheels & Tires 0 02-23-2017 07:07 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    What's your question?
    Send