Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Considering XPEL Ultimate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Looks great from here. Glad you're happy with it.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:44 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
So you only wax the areas without film? And the areas with the film only get regular cash wash + detail spray?

With regard to the seams, the only ones I will have to worry about is the partial coverage on the mirrors, because all other areas are being fully covered with wrapped edges. But thanks for the tip.

I've seen some people recommend this for the film areas:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Clear_Se..._16.htm?ref=cj

Apparently it's made specifically for film.

What I'd really like to find is one sealant I can use on the whole car (areas with the film and paint without film) Instead of using one product/ procedure on the film and another on the paint.

​​​​​Are you sure they are wrapping all the edges. As an installer I can tell you that that is WAY more work. It would at least require many of the panels to be loosened if not removed completely. Also, the top of the front fenders don't have enough surface area to wrap properly due to a seal that runs the length of them that is very close to the top of the fender. Wrapping the edges is overrated in my opinion. It is VERY hard to see the edge on most cars unless it's in the middle of a panel.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:48 PM
rio95
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Is there any seam around the front fender scoops or were they able to do it in one piece?

Car looks amazing. PPF is awesome stuff.
The following users liked this post:
kbreese (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:41 AM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by rio95
​​​​​Are you sure they are wrapping all the edges. As an installer I can tell you that that is WAY more work. It would at least require many of the panels to be loosened if not removed completely. Also, the top of the front fenders don't have enough surface area to wrap properly due to a seal that runs the length of them that is very close to the top of the fender. Wrapping the edges is overrated in my opinion. It is VERY hard to see the edge on most cars unless it's in the middle of a panel.
You are correct, the edges were only wrapped where it was possible. Most edges he managed to wrap, but there was a few areas where he couldn't which he showed me, just like the top of the front fenders, exactly as you described is exactly what he said and what he showed me. I can't remember all the details but I know for example the hood the edges were wrapped and the rear fenders too.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by John Pearson
I had my whole car done, first was a paint correction, expel then ceramic coated.

They also tinted the windows, did the interior, wheels, tires, engine bay, everything you could think of to make it look better then new. It ran about 9500, but I got a cool video out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52_Q0Obr5R0
Wow, your car looks incredible! Did the shop use pre-cut from the Xpel software?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Considering XPEL Ultimate...