Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] MMS 265 H/C Package with Mamofied MSD intake (Dyno Results)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Congrats on a successful build. Very strong results!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Outstanding results, great job!

All things equal, but with the stock cam this combo could potentially hit 570-580 rwhp? That would be the ultimate sleeper! Completely stock driving characteristics...no surging...no fuel smell...great fuel economy.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:41 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by 95vettski
Outstanding results, great job!

All things equal, but with the stock cam this combo could potentially hit 570-580 rwhp? That would be the ultimate sleeper! Completely stock driving characteristics...no surging...no fuel smell...great fuel economy.
Honestly there is no need to run a stock cam....I could grind a cam that's stock smooth with absolute perfection for driving manners and still make 30 more RWHP.....for the price of a camshaft (under $500) its foolish to leave a stock cam in for those types of gains. I mean true stock like driving manners but more responsive, more power and more torque everywhere....in fact driven properly it would log higher MPG's than the stocker as well.

Seeing the springs that normally come with my package are also better suited to that situation (a more modern slightly more aggressive cam profile), it would be silly to run a stock cam when we can lift the valve .075 more and get you better valve events to compliment the heads.

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-25-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:01 PM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Honestly there is no need to run a stock cam....I could grind a cam that's stock smooth with absolute perfection for driving manners and still make 30 more RWHP.....for the price of a camshaft (under $500) its foolish to leave a stock cam in for those types of gains. I mean true stock like driving manners but more responsive, more power and more torque everywhere....in fact driven properly it would log higher MPG's than the stocker as well.

Seeing the springs that normally come with my package are also better suited to that situation (a more modern slightly more aggressive cam profile), it would be silly to run a stock cam when we can lift the valve .075 more and get you better valve events to compliment the heads.

Cheers,
Tony
This advice sounds extremely similar to a certain someone I spoke with over the phone months ago.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:17 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 95rtturbo
This advice sounds extremely similar to a certain someone I spoke with over the phone months ago.
Whatever do you mean!!??

-Tony
Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Whatever do you mean!!??

-Tony
Instead of defining a "custom grind" cam as the solution, you should have just called it by its name - the TWPC (Tom Watson ***** Cam).

By the way, the cam does drive just like stock. I can cruise in 6th at 900 RPMs on flat ground without bucking or surging.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 95rtturbo
Instead of defining a "custom grind" cam as the solution, you should have just called it by its name - the TWPC (Tom Watson ***** Cam).

By the way, the cam does drive just like stock. I can cruise in 6th at 900 RPMs on flat ground without bucking or surging.
What are the details on this combo?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

One day we will be blessed with an ITB manifold that flows like a Mamo MSD but with the benefits of the ITB design.

Reversion? Never heard of her.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by redcycle13
What are the details on this combo?
Ben.....very similar to yours but waaaay more conservative on the camshaft.

I had to pull teeth to allow Tom to let me help him with an aftermarket grind but I promised it would be stock smooth etc. but make a bunch more power.

Its very conservative due to that fact....the specs are 228/240 on a wide 118 LSA (to make it even smoother) but keep in mind while making a good bit more power than stock and driving just as good, its 25-35 down on a car with something in the low 240's at .050 which is generally where most guys want to be with the fact its a part time hot rod.

Tom actually daily drives his Z and that's one of the reasons he wanted all the tractability of a stock unit but they simply leave too much on the table. Tom's cam as small as it is still added 20-25 minimum to his bottom line.

For you more technical guys a stock LS7 cam has like negative 19 degrees of overlap.....this cam has negative 2 degrees which is still very small for a 427 CID engine but will fatten the curve at every RPM and is much better suited for my heads with less exhaust split as well (stock is 19 degrees....this cam is 12 degrees).

Tom just got his combination running and has yet to see the dyno but Im sure he will post his results soon once he gets everything dialed in

-Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-26-2017 at 05:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports:
95rtturbo (04-27-2017), redcycle13 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Josh B.
One day we will be blessed with an ITB manifold that flows like a Mamo MSD but with the benefits of the ITB design.

Reversion? Never heard of her.
They have that stuff now but its painfully expensive....the key is for a manufacturer to build/design a kit which could bring down the cost of something like that where a guy might spend an extra grand to fifteen hundred versus having to shell out an additional 3K or more (over the cost of an MSD).

It seems alot more common in Australia for whatever reason!

-Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-26-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I had to pull teeth to allow Tom to let me help him with an aftermarket grind but I promised it would be stock smooth etc. but make a bunch more power.

Its very conservative due to that fact....the specs are 228/240 on a wide 118 LSA (to make it even smoother) but keep in mind while making a good bit more power than stock and driving just as good, its 25-35 down on a car with something in the low 240's at .050 which is generally where most guys want to be with the fact its a part time hot rod.

Tom actually daily drives his Z and that's one of the reasons he wanted all the tractability of a stock unit but they simply leave too much on the table. Tom's cam as small as it is still added 20-25 minimum to his bottom line.

For you more technical guys a stock LS7 cam has like negative 19 degrees of overlap.....this cam has negative 2 degrees which is still very small for a 427 CID engine but will fatten the curve at every RPM and is much better suited for my heads with less exhaust split as well (stock is 19 degrees....this cam is 12 degrees).

Tom just got his combination running and has yet to see the dyno but Im sure he will post his results soon once he gets everything dialed in

-Tony
Might be the way to go on my 427 convertible.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Spartan07
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn Tony, looks like my current heads/cam package will be going up for sale soon.. Thanks for that, lol!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

-Tony
Did this combo ever make it to the dyno?

Quick Reply: [Z06] MMS 265 H/C Package with Mamofied MSD intake (Dyno Results)