Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The clutch master reservoir on my car seems to be unattached.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 AM
WebDev
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Default The clutch master reservoir on my car seems to be unattached.

How is this thing supposed to attach to the car?

I notice the master has what looks like a clip and the bracket on the car has a bump on it, but when I push it down on there it just sits on it loosely. Nothing appears to be broken off. I zip tied it on for now, but am wondering what holds it on normally.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Slides on a bracket. Sounds like maybe yours is worn out or something.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 PM
WebDev
Advanced

Yes, I suspect the plastic is just worn on mine. I'll take another look, but my attempts to put it back on the bracket had it just sort of loosely sitting on it. I see the bump on the bracket and the hole on the reservoir clip area, but they don't seem to be having a meeting of the minds.

Not sure I will bother doing anything other than tying it down as it appears I would need to basically replace everything attached to it if I wanted it fixed.

Last edited by WebDev; 04-24-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:56 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WebDev
Yes, I suspect the plastic is just worn on mine. I'll take another look, but my attempts to put it back on the bracket had it just sort of loosely sitting on it. I see the bump on the bracket and the hole on the reservoir clip area, but they don't seem to be having a meeting of the minds.

Not sure I will bother doing anything other than tying it down as it appears I would need to basically replace everything attached to it if I wanted it fixed.
I have the same problem with mine. Seems like maybe a shim is missing that would create tension on the bracket to clutch reservoir connection. My car only has 25,000 miles, and I don't see how the clutch reservoir could have worn out against the bracket.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:07 PM
WebDev
Advanced

Originally Posted by redcycle13
I have the same problem with mine. Seems like maybe a shim is missing that would create tension on the bracket to clutch reservoir connection. My car only has 25,000 miles, and I don't see how the clutch reservoir could have worn out against the bracket.
I had the clutch done on my car as the PO burnt it to a crisp and I'm pretty sure they had to detach my reservoir at that point.

I wouldn't blame them if it wouldn't go back on given the car is 10+ years old, but I'm kinda surprised it is just resting on there. That said, it seems like the hood and/or surrounding items keeps it from going too far, because I just noticed it loose after doing five or six autocrosses with the car.

Not sure if there is a shim missing or what, but it does seem like it should clip on.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:36 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I figured out the problem, and I feel like an idiot. The clutch fluid reservoir has a slot in the plastic mounting tab that goes over the metal bracket and locks into place. Hopefully you figured this out by now, but I figured I would let you or any others know the reason theirs may be loose.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by redcycle13
I figured out the problem, and I feel like an idiot. The clutch fluid reservoir has a slot in the plastic mounting tab that goes over the metal bracket and locks into place. Hopefully you figured this out by now, but I figured I would let you or any others know the reason theirs may be loose.
That's right, and I think you can bend the bracket to give a more positive engagement if it's still not catching.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 PM
WebDev
Advanced

I found the slot part, but mine just does not lock on to it. Looks like the plastic clip is missing some part of it that would hold it on.

Get notified of new replies

To The clutch master reservoir on my car seems to be unattached.

Quick Reply: [Z06] The clutch master reservoir on my car seems to be unattached.