Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] CEL error codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:51 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Default CEL error codes

Got the car back from the shop today and now it has the CEL light on. The code is:

P0174 - System too lean (Bank 2)
P0171 - System too lean (Bank 1)
P0174 - System too lean (Bank 2)
P0171 - System too lean (Bank 1)

Says the most common fix to this issue is to Clean the fuel injectors. What do you guys think?

Is it a matter of cleaning the fuel injectors and this code clears up? Or is it a problem with my tune or what? I also noticed for the first time today on my drive that when coming to a stop in neutral the RPMs go from 800 and then jump up to 1300 and stay there for about 10 seconds, while the car is at a dead stop, and then the RPMs drop back down to 700 which is what they are normally at. It does this now every time I am rolling to a stop in neutral. It'll be 700 RPMs and as the car comes to a complete stop the RPMs jump up to 1300 and then after 10 seconds back down to 700.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Tune issue, or vacuum leak. More likely the first. You don't have a cam, or any special parts, so idle should be rock solid.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

I spoke with the shop today and they suggested it was a vacuum leak. They told me to do a test where I spray brake cleaner at the throttle body and intake where it meets the heads while the car is idling and if the rpms raise then it would suggest a vacuum leak. So I did that and every time I sprayed brake cleaner right on the throttle body (where the intake meets the TB) the rpms would raise slightly. So does that sound like a vacuum leak?

The problem is I looked at all the connections/hoses in that area and everything seems tight so I'm not sure where the leak is coming from or how to address it.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:23 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

What work was done at the shop? Sounds like you may need to take it back to them and have them fix what they might have messed up on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To CEL error codes

Quick Reply: [Z06] CEL error codes