Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Akrapovic mid pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
kcbc
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Akrapovic mid pipes

will pay premium on mid pipes titanium on c6 Z06 for titanium evo axle back sys
Old 05-22-2017, 02:55 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Not sure if that's an observation or a question...but yes, the Ti mid-pipe for the EVO Akra system comes at a premium. You could just run any brand X-pipe with the Akra axle back setup...you just don't get the weight savings of the Akra Ti mid-pipe. Not a deal breaker in my mind.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:01 PM
kcbc
Instructor

Default Ti akra mid pipes

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Not sure if that's an observation or a question...but yes, the Ti mid-pipe for the EVO Akra system comes at a premium. You could just run any brand X-pipe with the Akra axle back setup...you just don't get the weight savings of the Akra Ti mid-pipe. Not a deal breaker in my mind.
Isn't the Ti mid pipes made of Titanium that's lighter than others ot even its own SS material ???...thought I read something like 9 lbs on previous threads ....cuz my customer already paid a premium for a used ti axle back and a new set of Ti tips ....this is what complete the sys
Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by kcbc
Isn't the Ti mid pipes made of Titanium that's lighter than others ot even its own SS material ???...thought I read something like 9 lbs on previous threads ....cuz my customer already paid a premium for a used ti axle back and a new set of Ti tips ....this is what complete the sys
Yes, the Ti mid-pipe and Ti axle back setup (Evo System) combined drops something like 33lbs from the car. I think their stainless steel EVO setup is about 20lbs heavier than their Ti system...so the SS still saves ~12-13lbs over stock.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:49 PM
kcbc
Instructor

Default akra ti sys

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Yes, the Ti mid-pipe and Ti axle back setup (Evo System) combined drops something like 33lbs from the car. I think their stainless steel EVO setup is about 20lbs heavier than their Ti system...so the SS still saves ~12-13lbs over stock.
I agree....I can pick up both ti evo axle back exhaust with 1 hand but I need 2 hands to pick up just 1 muffler exhaust from the stock....33 lb save wo/ the mid pipes is way under estimate......that's what my customer is looking for the completion or titanium w/ weight and performance increase
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM
wotbluez06
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep in mind the akro midpipe will not bolt up to most longtube headers without modifications. Might not be worth all the cost and trouble.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:00 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 444 Posts

PM sent
Old 05-24-2017, 12:09 PM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by kcbc
Corsa x pipe is a nice weight savings over stock x pipe. Not as light as Titanium but it's much easier to find and costs less too.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:16 PM
kcbc
Instructor

thanx to everyone ......especially to logan and eric .......right on the $$$...... no non sense ...what they said is no more no less ...we've got both muffers & mid pipes of evo titanium installed and finished in a hurry......heads of to all these good people on corvette forum

Get notified of new replies

To Akrapovic mid pipes

Quick Reply: [Z06] Akrapovic mid pipes