Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Another FOB Related Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 12:12 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Another FOB Related Issue

I know that when you attempt to shut off the car and the FOB isn't detected, the car will continue to run and the message NO FOBS DETECTED - RUN OR OFF? will be displayed and you have to press the Start/Stop button again to turn off the car.

My Z06 used to stay running when this happened, but now it shuts down right away even though the message is still displayed. Not sure what the problem would be since the car is aware that a FOB isn't present as it still displays the message. I don't believe I've seen anyone else report this issue and was curious if it has happened to anyone else.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:40 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I've never seen that msg before.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:55 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
I've never seen that msg before.
Easy enough to duplicate it - just take the FOB out of the car before you try turning it off. If working correctly you should get the message and the car should continue to run. This is to prevent you from getting stranded without a FOB. It typically happened to me in the past when the FOB battery got low and I had the FOB in my left pants pocket, the car wouldn't recognize the FOB.

Get notified of new replies

To Another FOB Related Issue

Quick Reply: [Z06] Another FOB Related Issue