Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTT: White convert with Lingenfelter engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:16 AM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Default White convert with Lingenfelter engine

I am looking for advice form C7 experts and owners.

I got one of the first C7 converts produced. I paid cash for it 6 months before production. It is a C7 LT1 white convertible 7 speed manual. I sent it down to Lingenfelter right after I bought it for an engine and they put in their Z06 engine.

Issue: My wife died 5 years ago and I going with a gal I plan to marry. Yes, there is life after death of a spouse. However, she does not drive a stick, so I need to obtain a C7 auto (yes, I know, less fun less feel).

So I am looking to trade for an auto, or sell and buy an auto. I love this car, it looks and performs well, but life is not always what we want and no, I do not want this gal driving a 7 speed Lingenfelter. She has enough driving issues with an auto.

So to my question on the forum.

Any ideas of how to accomplish the above. I don't care if it is a coupe or convert, but I want it white or yellow because in the winters I live in Florida where dark colors get hot during the day. Summers I live in Wisconsin, where any color is fine.

So if you have ideas on how I can accomplish this, let me know.

Sell and buy new is not going to work as I am retired now and putting out new dollars for a new car, when I have a perfectly good one is crazy. So looking to sell and buy used or trade for a used one.

Give me advice on how I might do this best.

Thanks to all who respond with good advice.
Nick
Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Glenn Cauvin
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by NickHall
I am looking for advice form C7 experts and owners.

I got one of the first C7 converts produced. I paid cash for it 6 months before production. It is a C7 LT1 white convertible 7 speed manual. I sent it down to Lingenfelter right after I bought it for an engine and they put in their Z06 engine.

Issue: My wife died 5 years ago and I going with a gal I plan to marry. Yes, there is life after death of a spouse. However, she does not drive a stick, so I need to obtain a C7 auto (yes, I know, less fun less feel).

So I am looking to trade for an auto, or sell and buy an auto. I love this car, it looks and performs well, but life is not always what we want and no, I do not want this gal driving a 7 speed Lingenfelter. She has enough driving issues with an auto.

So to my question on the forum.

Any ideas of how to accomplish the above. I don't care if it is a coupe or convert, but I want it white or yellow because in the winters I live in Florida where dark colors get hot during the day. Summers I live in Wisconsin, where any color is fine.

So if you have ideas on how I can accomplish this, let me know.

Sell and buy new is not going to work as I am retired now and putting out new dollars for a new car, when I have a perfectly good one is crazy. So looking to sell and buy used or trade for a used one.

Give me advice on how I might do this best.

Thanks to all who respond with good advice.
Nick
Buying a LT 1 was not a good idea. It has very few options and that translate in little interest when you sell it. You may find somebody who just wants a base corvette. Buying another C7 you should consider a 2lt or higher. Try to get as many options as you can.
I wish you good luck in your quest.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:35 AM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Is the trim level a 1LT? You mention, that it is an LT1 so I'm not sure if you are referring to the engine or have trim level designation typo'd as LT1 when it should be 1LT.

My advice is to post a want to trade post that clearly says what you have (post photos of entire car, details/photo of original window sticker, info on mileage, modifications, and repairs). Regardless if you truly have the 1LT trim level, I think that you'll find interest from someone, because the 7M and LT4 are desirable and since Lingenfelter was involved you know it was done right. If you need help with posting photos and putting it all together, send me a PM. Best of luck!
Old 07-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Baltimoron
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

When I finally pull the trigger, I'm going to be buying a 7m knowing full well my wife can't drive it, so we have differing opinions on if that's a positive or negative. Lol. That said, since you surely have put thought into the idea of her being a driver of your corvette, I'd say making a wtt post is a good start, but obviously, trades are tough. Ultimately it largely depends on how long you're willing to wait for that trade to come along. If it were me, I'd probably sell it and buy a used one when you find one that suits you. It'd be a real bummer to stumble onto your perfect replacement, but not be able to jump on it because you're stuck with the current car.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:14 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Glenn Cauvin
Buying a LT 1 was not a good idea. It has very few options and that translate in little interest when you sell it. You may find somebody who just wants a base corvette. Buying another C7 you should consider a 2lt or higher. Try to get as many options as you can.
I wish you good luck in your quest.
Thanks, but I do not want a LT2 or an LT3. I only want an LT1. Plush is for plushies. I am not a plushie. I am more of a shelby cobra type man. That is as basic as it gets. But yes, I do understand. Many people are indeed plushies and that is great. But this is not their kind of car.

Thanks
Nick
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lakemg
Is the trim level a 1LT? You mention, that it is an LT1 so I'm not sure if you are referring to the engine or have trim level designation typo'd as LT1 when it should be 1LT.

My advice is to post a want to trade post that clearly says what you have (post photos of entire car, details/photo of original window sticker, info on mileage, modifications, and repairs). Regardless if you truly have the 1LT trim level, I think that you'll find interest from someone, because the 7M and LT4 are desirable and since Lingenfelter was involved you know it was done right. If you need help with posting photos and putting it all together, send me a PM. Best of luck!
Yes 1LT is correct. Thanks.
My error,
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 PM
luv2golf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered selling this car out right. I'd be interested in seeing some pics. I may be interested if it's a Z51 1LT
Old 07-15-2017, 01:10 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

Well, if you're sure you really want her to drive your Corvette I'd take her out somewhere and teach her how to drive manual and keep your unique car.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 PM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Is your new wife really going to drive your Corvette very often? All my buddies with stick shift cars are guys and if their wife cannot drive them thats it. They don't sell the car just because the wife can't drive. I would either train her to drive it or sell it outright. Trying to trade without a dealership is very difficult.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM
lwise4
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You want suggestions, I have a few. I have tried to trade more than once on this site and others with no luck. My suggestion would be to put a price on your car and if it sells buy another. Another option would be to swap out the manual and put in a Auto "my neighbor just did this with His Camaro paddle shifters and all. Factor in the Tax on selling and buying to help with your decision. I just sold my 2008 outright and bought a 2009 for reasons just opposite of yours, I wanted a Automatic and I had a manual. The problem was $2200 in sales tax doing it this way.

I hope that this helps good luck!

ps; LT1 is a engine, 1LT is a option.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:26 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

My wife drives her own car.

Get notified of new replies

To White convert with Lingenfelter engine