Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM
porshuh
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Eminitrader
I own an airplane and I just dumped 77K in avionics upgrades that I did NOT need, but wanted. Will it raise my plane's value by 77K - NOPE So I get it.

All the best.
I hope for that price you went G1000.

I own a '75 Grumman Tiger, and I'm glad I bought it with a 430W, new transponder, STEC autopilot, JPI EDM700, and digital nav coms. Like you said - you pay a lot for the upgrades, but don't necessarily see it on resale!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Negative - corporate pilot part time for a small charter firm in JAX. Between my plane, the charter plane, kids, wife - its hard to find time for another Vette - but I am determined damn it!

PM me if you want to meet up - i'm outta here. Gotta pick someone up in Sanford and take them to miami and back. Must be nice to be rich!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by porshuh
I hope for that price you went G1000.

I own a '75 Grumman Tiger, and I'm glad I bought it with a 430W, new transponder, STEC autopilot, JPI EDM700, and digital nav coms. Like you said - you pay a lot for the upgrades, but don't necessarily see it on resale!
No STC on a G1000- you can do G500/600 - I went upgraded to the Avidyne IFD 550/440, Transponder, cycloe 600 fan, and some other goodies - but 20K was an A/C unit finally STC'd...

The plane I fly hast the G100 NXI - the new NXI is bad *** - does visual approaches just like instrument approaches. Damn i really need to go to work but can't stop looking at vettes.

Fly the Grumman over and we'll go have fun!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:58 PM
c4t
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

lol thats nice, what plane do you fly this guy in?

Negative - corporate pilot part time for a small charter firm in JAX. Between my plane, the charter plane, kids, wife - its hard to find time for another Vette - but I am determined damn it!

PM me if you want to meet up - i'm outta here. Gotta pick someone up in Sanford and take them to miami and back. Must be nice to be rich!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

You'll notice this black Z07 is a 2017 2LZ but otherwise has the same options as your car & of course the 2LZ gadgets not on your car. http://www.jimellischevrolet.net/Veh...pe%20Z06%202LZ

I've been following the Z06 listings at this dealer for 2 weeks or so. They actually had 4 of these black 2017s all equipped the same way (this car being 1 of the 4). At the time I first found the listings they were asking $74K & change for all 4 cars. Another website indicated the cars had been listed for quite a while (not sure how accurate that info was). Anyway, last week this dealership jacked up the price on all 4 of the cars by $5k overnight, to $79K & change. When I looked at the listings a day later all of a sudden 2 of the black cars were gone.

Then they took the 2 remaining black cars (this being 1 of the remaining 2) & raised the price even further to the current $81,824. Two days ago they still had both but now they are down to just this one. All I can assume is that the they sold the other three. I don't know where else they would have gone.

Why no one bought any of them when all 4 were listed for $74K+ is a mystery to me. But when they jacked up the price by $5K & then another $2K all of sudden 3 out of the 4 vanished almost overnight. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Oneslackr; 11-16-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:24 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

For everyone that is whining about this guys price and going on and on and on about all these incredible discounts and how 89K is too high...please link a NEW 2018 car optioned like this one...that is 12% off, or that is selling for 80K, or any of the other crap you are talking about. FFS the guy above me is trying to compare a 2017 car to a 2018 car. LMAO...can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by Y2KRoadster; 11-17-2017 at 01:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
c4t (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
For everyone that is whining about this guys price and going on and on and on about all these incredible discounts and how 89K is too high...please link a NEW 2018 car optioned like this one...that is 12% off, or that is selling for 80K, or any of the other crap you are talking about. FFS the guy above me is trying to compare a 2017 car to a 2018 car. LMAO...can't make this stuff up.
No whining here. Pointing out the 2018s I found and the prices they are discounted. Nothing more. I was interested but I took a pass. So far the market agrees with me as it's still for sale. Just sayin
Old 11-17-2017, 08:38 AM
WeezieWee
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The driveway costs more than the house
GLWS!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM
c4t
Instructor

thats what you call priorities my friend

Originally Posted by WeezieWee
The driveway costs more than the house
GLWS!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 AM
c4t
Instructor

1 month to sell a $90K car privately I think we are doing really good. These are not Honda civics.

Took me 5 months to sell a 2010 GS supercharged for the asking price. and only 2 days to sell a 2011 Porsche 911 turbo S, its all about a buyer that understands what he is getting.

No whining here. Pointing out the 2018s I found and the prices they are discounted. Nothing more. I was interested but I took a pass. So far the market agrees with me as it's still for sale. Just sayin
Old 11-17-2017, 11:15 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Zap City
May I ask why you paid MSRP? Miami Lake Auto mall is advertising 8K-15K off new 17-18 Z06s. I'm assuming that is where you bought it based on the pic of the sticker which indicates they are the ordering dealer.
Originally Posted by corvettemonster
You must've come across a heck of a deal on purchasing a used, same optioned Z06 to go through the hassle of unloaded your baby-new Z06.

Not to mention paying sales tax on your "new" used car and taking a hit or "going to" take a hit on what you paid for your new Z06 at the all-in price. I would think there would be a wash-out as some point and not worth the hassle. But, you must be making the move for a reason.

GLWS
C4T:

Please don't take this the wrong way - as I am genuinely trying to help you. You seem to be hung up on the options your car has and somehow believe your price is justified.

The options you have do not come in to play. Les Stanford (and many others) are discounting 2018 Z06's at LEAST 10 percent. Most are more.

Where do I find this?

On their website!!! - today - CorvetteKing.com - here's some deals today:
2018 Z06 MSRP 92,975 - Sale Price $80,264 - that's about 12 percent. I've found 5 more on their site.

So take your car and imagine it was BRAND new on their lot - MSRP was $97,055.00 - again today you would get that car for 11 percent less, or $86,379. One could argue you could get it for $85.5 but that's another discussion. Not too mention you get the Spring Mountain package (about 2500 dollars).

You have your car listed for 89K - 3K more than it would be brand new. You have it OBO - but you told me you had an offer of 84K - dude - you should jump on that TODAY.. Think about the math - 97K less 11 percent and it's a USED car.

In October you said "they wont drop a penny" - now 4 weeks later they've dropped 10-13 percent. In another 4 weeks it will be closer to 16%.

Please- I am not making this up. Call Stanford - 800-699-8388 - they are discounting because they can't sell them. And I never said the 2019s are ready. They WILL However be produced in January - again - it's very public information.

$84K on ebay is a VERY STRONG offer and I hope you take it. If you wait another 4 weeks you will lose more money.

I am sorry to hear you paid full MSRP. Any savvy shopper can save 10-25 percent off a brand new Corvette -happens all the time. Perhaps you got caught up in the moment or something. I don't know as I wasn't there. Good rule of thumb - NEVER pay MSRP on ANY car - especially a Corvette.

But at the end of the day you are trying to sell a USED vehicle for MORE than what a new one would cost. It's just not going to happen.

Again - I know you are taking a hit. I get it. Nobody wants to. But the facts don't lie.

I hope you get every dime you are asking for your car. I really do. But do some research online. - It took me 5 minutes to find these deals.

And as far as dealer fees - again do some research because you are not accurate.

Good luck with the sale in any event.

You guys are not just tacky. You are breaking forum rules by interfering with a sale thread. Don't like the price? MOVE ON!

The Op should start a new thread since these experts don't know the rules. Then they ruin the op sales thread. A mod see's this someone could get a vacation. Let the buyer decide what is a deal!

c4t (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 12:48 PM
c4t
Instructor

thanks yes I will do that.

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1

You guys are not just tacky. You are breaking forum rules by interfering with a sale thread. Don't like the price? MOVE ON!

The Op should start a new thread since these experts don't know the rules. Then they ruin the op sales thread. A mod see's this someone could get a vacation. Let the buyer decide what is a deal!

Old 11-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

You have not posted one link of a 2018 C7Z optioned like his. All you have done in this thread is run your man pleaser because you are b_u_t_t_h_u_r_t that you can't buy the car for cheaper. You can dance all around it, but that is the truth. Post up a link of a 2018 Z07, optioned like the OP's, brand new. I want to see one for 80K like you claim you saw. If you can't do that, then STFU, move on, and stop being a d_o_u_c_h_e
The following 2 users liked this post by Y2KRoadster:
c4t (11-17-2017), ccryder (11-30-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 04:28 AM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

The OP stated this in post # 18 (10-13-17)
Originally Posted by c4t
If you find a similar option car like this please send it to me. its the track way to go.
So I linked to the new 2017 2LZ above with 7 miles on it (still technically brand new since it hasn't been sold or titled & it's even the same color). It has all of the same options (plus a few extra) as the OP's (now technically used) 2018 1LZ.

I could care less what price the OP is asking for his car. If he can sell it for $89K+ then good for him.

Last edited by Oneslackr; 11-18-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
The OP stated this in post # 18 (10-13-17)

So I linked to the new 2017 2LZ above with 7 miles on it (still technically brand new since it hasn't been sold or titled & it's even the same color). It has all of the same options (plus a few extra) as the OP's (now technically used) 2018 1LZ.

I could care less what price the OP is asking for his car. If he can sell it for $89K+ then good for him.
His is a 2018. Your comparison is irrelevent.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:49 AM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

You have not posted one link of a 2018 C7Z optioned like his. All you have done in this thread is run your man pleaser because you are b_u_t_t_h_u_r_t that you can't buy the car for cheaper. You can dance all around it, but that is the truth. Post up a link of a 2018 Z07, optioned like the OP's, brand new. I want to see one for 80K like you claim you saw. If you can't do that, then STFU, move on, and stop being a d_o_u_c_h_e
Butthurt? Really? Not even close. Not sure if you've seen how many Corvettes are for sale.

I'm just a numbers guy.

Ask yourself this question Y2K. Would you personally purchase a USED Corvette for 6% under MSRP? If so - God bless you man. Have at it.

How many large dealers have YOU spoken to this past week? I've spoken to 3 of them: Mike, CK, and Conti. ALL of them have their 2018s (Notice the "8" not the "7") on sale for 10% or MORE discounts.

Any savvy buyer will save 10-25% on a BRAND new car. So saving only 6% on a used car to me just doesn't make sense.

The options do not matter. Any way you slice it - if this car were brand new over at CK it would be discounted 10% - Take 3-5 minutes and make the phone calls I did and you will see that I am correct.

I realize that keyboard-ninjas feel better by name calling - and that's fine if it helps you get through your day. I'll elect not to stoop to your level.

Good day to all and to the OP good luck with the sale (once again). This thread is a bit long in the tooth for me so I'm out
Old 11-19-2017, 11:21 AM
c4t
Instructor

Then i wonder why you go around the other FS posts telling them how they are too expensive and you should go check out ck, seems to me you just work for ck. For someone to spend their day doing this you have to be getting some kind of profit from it. Also why not just go purchase from the dealer yourself instead of writting all over the forums about it?

I also find it hilarious how you swear the advertised dealer price is a real price, I dont think you have ever bought a car from the dealer before or you are just playing dumb to try to get a steal.

Butthurt? Really? Not even close. Not sure if you've seen how many Corvettes are for sale.

I'm just a numbers guy.

Ask yourself this question Y2K. Would you personally purchase a USED Corvette for 6% under MSRP? If so - God bless you man. Have at it.

How many large dealers have YOU spoken to this past week? I've spoken to 3 of them: Mike, CK, and Conti. ALL of them have their 2018s (Notice the "8" not the "7") on sale for 10% or MORE discounts.

Any savvy buyer will save 10-25% on a BRAND new car. So saving only 6% on a used car to me just doesn't make sense.

The options do not matter. Any way you slice it - if this car were brand new over at CK it would be discounted 10% - Take 3-5 minutes and make the phone calls I did and you will see that I am correct.

I realize that keyboard-ninjas feel better by name calling - and that's fine if it helps you get through your day. I'll elect not to stoop to your level.

Good day to all and to the OP good luck with the sale (once again). This thread is a bit long in the tooth for me so I'm out

Get notified of new replies

To 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi

Old 11-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

His is a 2018. Your comparison is irrelevent.
I'm fairly certain that anyone who has read this thread has known since post #1 that the car the OP is trying to sell is a used 2018 1LZ with 20 miles on it. But thank you Captain Obvious for once again pointing that out.

You seem to be hung up on the word 'comparison'. I wasn't comparing anything. I guess I need to explain it to you step by step:

1. The OP stated along the way that it's difficult to find a Z06 with a 7-spd/comp seats/suede/Z07 pkg/PDR etc....He is correct there aren't many optioned that way especially in a particular color, in this case black.

2. The OP at some point came across a used 2017 equipped with the above options & he bought it instead of waiting on his new 2018 to be built & delivered. Now he is stuck with two cars equipped identically.

3. The OP also stated:
Originally Posted by c4t
If you find a similar option car like this please send it to me. its the track way to go.
Since the OP owns two Z06s equipped identically, a 2017 & a 2018, & in light of OP's above quoted statement I decided to post a link to the Z06 listing I came across. I thought it was kind of cool that the listing I found was for a car with the same options right down to the color. I thought the OP might be curious to see the one I found. That's it. PERIOD. I wasn't trying to compare anything.

I'll say it one more time. I could give a rat's behind about the price the OP is asking for his used 2018 Z06 1LZ. If he can sell it for $89k+ good for him.

Is that clear enough for you Y2K?
Old 11-19-2017, 01:00 PM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 143 Posts

I'm just a numbers guy.

I have no dog in this fight, but after reading through this thread, I will say you're coming off as a total jackass. (& I'm being kind)
Whatever your supposedly good intentions are in helping, I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want or need your help selling his car.
This thread is a bit long in the tooth you say? Gee, do you think you have anything to do with that??
Frankly, if I was the OP in this situation, you would have gotten a PM stating emphatically where you could stick your "help".
c4t (11-20-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

PM Mods for quicker response

Quick Reply: FS: 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi