Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,133 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Not sure why people stick their nose in other people's business especially when it comes to someone trying to sell their car. And if you are really dying to say something unrelated to an honest buying interest simply spend a PM...duh.

So unless you are truly interested in the vehicle people need to stay out of it. I know they would not like anyone stepping on them if they were trying to sell their car.

BTW OP, it's a truly beautiful car.

Last edited by Maxie2U; 10-13-2017 at 10:43 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Maxie2U:
09ZR1 (10-14-2017), c4t (10-13-2017), Jackie Chiles (10-16-2017), ZP2016 (11-16-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 04:24 PM
c4t
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxie2U
Not sure why people stick their nose in other people's business exspecially when it comes to someone trying to sell their car. And if you are really dying to say something unrelated to an honest buying interest simply spend a PM...duh.

So unless you are truly interested in the vehicle people need to stay out of it. I know they would not like anyone stepping on them if they were trying to sell their car.

BTW OP, it's a truly beautiful car.

thanks! I wish there were more people like you
The following users liked this post:
SyberSaint (11-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 09:01 PM
corvettemonster
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

You must've come across a heck of a deal on purchasing a used, same optioned Z06 to go through the hassle of unloaded your baby-new Z06.

Not to mention paying sales tax on your "new" used car and taking a hit or "going to" take a hit on what you paid for your new Z06 at the all-in price. I would think there would be a wash-out as some point and not worth the hassle. But, you must be making the move for a reason.

GLWS

Last edited by corvettemonster; 10-15-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:38 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by corvettemonster
You must've come across a heck of a deal on purchasing a used, same optioned Z06 to go through the hassle of unloaded your baby-new Z06.

Not to mention paying sales tax on your "new" used car and taking a hit or "going to" take a hit on what you paid for your new Z06 at the all-in price. I would think there would be a wash-out as some point and not worth the hassle. But, you must be making the move for a reason.

GLWS
not really, I paid $93K for my used one with around 7K miles, but I enjoy every bit of it, track days every week or 2. And yes I could have saved $15k or more if I waited but getting something I really wanted 7 months ahead was totally worth it.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 PM
c4t
Instructor

Ttt
Old 11-11-2017, 01:49 AM
c4t
Instructor

I received the title today, ready to sell price drop, new price $89,900 obo
Old 11-11-2017, 04:02 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

TTT For beautiful ride! GWTS! Bet you wished you would have just let the dealer keep the deposit.. Hope it goes for you!
c4t (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:24 PM
tones_Z
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Car looks killer. GLWS!

Last edited by tones_Z; 11-11-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: edited text
c4t (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by tones_Z
Car looks killer. GLWS!
thanks!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM
c4t
Instructor

Ttt
Old 11-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

C4T - I responded to your PM. Again, my apologies - so many on my list it's hard to keep up.

Well CorvetteKing is selling new Z06 that are priced 95-97K for 80-82K. Considering the Spring Mountain discount that is lost - if you have an Ebay offer at 84K - you may want to seriously consider it.

It appears waiting a few more weeks the dealers are going to be discounting the 18s about as much as they are on the 17s as the 19s will start rolling off the line here in just a few weeks.

Unfortunately I wont be able to get my offer to start with an "8" so I am taking a pass. Great car in any event!
Old 11-16-2017, 11:22 AM
c4t
Instructor

where are you getting this information from,

dealers discounting 18s as much as 17s when they barely have 18s and 70% of the inventory are 17s?

those prices they advertise them as $82k you can easily see it climb past $92K out the door with all their BS fees, just go sit and get an out the door price with them.

2019 corvettes being ready and sold December of 2017!? where did you see this?

Originally Posted by Eminitrader
C4T - I responded to your PM. Again, my apologies - so many on my list it's hard to keep up.

Well CorvetteKing is selling new Z06 that are priced 95-97K for 80-82K. Considering the Spring Mountain discount that is lost - if you have an Ebay offer at 84K - you may want to seriously consider it.

It appears waiting a few more weeks the dealers are going to be discounting the 18s about as much as they are on the 17s as the 19s will start rolling off the line here in just a few weeks.

Unfortunately I wont be able to get my offer to start with an "8" so I am taking a pass. Great car in any event!
Old 11-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

C4T:

Please don't take this the wrong way - as I am genuinely trying to help you. You seem to be hung up on the options your car has and somehow believe your price is justified.

The options you have do not come in to play. Les Stanford (and many others) are discounting 2018 Z06's at LEAST 10 percent. Most are more.

Where do I find this?

On their website!!! - today - CorvetteKing.com - here's some deals today:
2018 Z06 MSRP 92,975 - Sale Price $80,264 - that's about 12 percent. I've found 5 more on their site.

So take your car and imagine it was BRAND new on their lot - MSRP was $97,055.00 - again today you would get that car for 11 percent less, or $86,379. One could argue you could get it for $85.5 but that's another discussion. Not too mention you get the Spring Mountain package (about 2500 dollars).

You have your car listed for 89K - 3K more than it would be brand new. You have it OBO - but you told me you had an offer of 84K - dude - you should jump on that TODAY.. Think about the math - 97K less 11 percent and it's a USED car.

In October you said "they wont drop a penny" - now 4 weeks later they've dropped 10-13 percent. In another 4 weeks it will be closer to 16%.

Please- I am not making this up. Call Stanford - 800-699-8388 - they are discounting because they can't sell them. And I never said the 2019s are ready. They WILL However be produced in January - again - it's very public information.

$84K on ebay is a VERY STRONG offer and I hope you take it. If you wait another 4 weeks you will lose more money.

I am sorry to hear you paid full MSRP. Any savvy shopper can save 10-25 percent off a brand new Corvette -happens all the time. Perhaps you got caught up in the moment or something. I don't know as I wasn't there. Good rule of thumb - NEVER pay MSRP on ANY car - especially a Corvette.

But at the end of the day you are trying to sell a USED vehicle for MORE than what a new one would cost. It's just not going to happen.

Again - I know you are taking a hit. I get it. Nobody wants to. But the facts don't lie.

I hope you get every dime you are asking for your car. I really do. But do some research online. - It took me 5 minutes to find these deals.

And as far as dealer fees - again do some research because you are not accurate.

Good luck with the sale in any event.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eminitrader:
SyberSaint (11-16-2017), Zap City (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM
c4t
Instructor

I was talking about the statement where you said "It appears waiting a few more weeks the dealers are going to be discounting the 18s about as much as they are on the 17s as the 19s will start rolling off the line here in just a few weeks."

Thats just not accurate, you will not get a 19 until october 2018 and that is if you pre-order it now. and dealers wont discount the 18s the way they discount the 17s until next year when they get the 19s.

You also have to see what the discount on that vette is, yes MSRP is $93, but its a 3LZ Z06 Automatic convertible. The point that I am trying to make is the options I built my car with is not for the average guy that just wants a vette to drive around, this is the best options for track and its not easy to find. I spent 3 months searching everywhere until I just decided to preorder it.

I can see that you dont care if the car has the Z07 package or carbon ceramic brakes or stage 3 aero and thats fine and that is why you wont see the value and it is in your best interest to buy the most discounted corvette you can find with any other options you actually care about at any of these dealers.

But like I said on my previous posts, if anyone finds these options at a dealer for whatever price they have I will beat it.

I also understand not everyone has $89K just laying around to buy corvettes left and right that is why it takes time until the right buyer comes along that is looking for what I have, but for me to sell this for under $80K i rather keep it. Yes you may classify it as used but everyone knows this car is brand new.
Along with the benefits of buying the car from a private seller rather than a dealer, no tricks, hidden fees contracts, issues, I hate dealers and like I said only reason I preodered this is because I could not find any used anywhere.

C4T:

Please don't take this the wrong way - as I am genuinely trying to help you. You seem to be hung up on the options your car has and somehow believe your price is justified.

The options you have do not come in to play. Les Stanford (and many others) are discounting 2018 Z06's at LEAST 10 percent. Most are more.

Where do I find this?

On their website!!! - today - CorvetteKing.com - here's some deals today:
2018 Z06 MSRP 92,975 - Sale Price $80,264 - that's about 12 percent. I've found 5 more on their site.

So take your car and imagine it was BRAND new on their lot - MSRP was $97,055.00 - again today you would get that car for 11 percent less, or $86,379. One could argue you could get it for $85.5 but that's another discussion. Not too mention you get the Spring Mountain package (about 2500 dollars).

You have your car listed for 89K - 3K more than it would be brand new. You have it OBO - but you told me you had an offer of 84K - dude - you should jump on that TODAY.. Think about the math - 97K less 11 percent and it's a USED car.

In October you said "they wont drop a penny" - now 4 weeks later they've dropped 10-13 percent. In another 4 weeks it will be closer to 16%.

Please- I am not making this up. Call Stanford - 800-699-8388 - they are discounting because they can't sell them. And I never said the 2019s are ready. They WILL However be produced in January - again - it's very public information.

$84K on ebay is a VERY STRONG offer and I hope you take it. If you wait another 4 weeks you will lose more money.

I am sorry to hear you paid full MSRP. Any savvy shopper can save 10-25 percent off a brand new Corvette -happens all the time. Perhaps you got caught up in the moment or something. I don't know as I wasn't there. Good rule of thumb - NEVER pay MSRP on ANY car - especially a Corvette.

But at the end of the day you are trying to sell a USED vehicle for MORE than what a new one would cost. It's just not going to happen.

Again - I know you are taking a hit. I get it. Nobody wants to. But the facts don't lie.

I hope you get every dime you are asking for your car. I really do. But do some research online. - It took me 5 minutes to find these deals.

And as far as dealer fees - again do some research because you are not accurate.

Good luck with the sale in any event.
Maxie2U (11-17-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Buddy - it's not the options. It's about price. If the car was on the lot today it would be discounted 10%.

As I said earlier - I love the car. I do. But I can't buy at that price. I am guessing that you are looking for 85-87K on the OBO - and I genuinely hope you get that. I really do.

I am a cash buyer (the green stuff) and I hear you on you'd rather keep it - you may have to. And that's not a bad thing - it's a great car! I've owned 3 - I know!

Happy Thanksgiving and I'm crossing my fingers you get it sold at your asking price!!

Cheers!
David
Old 11-16-2017, 12:20 PM
c4t
Instructor

I guess its a matter of personal opinion, for example for me I chose to pay $20K more on performance options like the ones this car has over luxury like 3LZ. Heck I would have paid $30K more no problem. But we are not all the same.

And dont get me wrong I am not trying to convince you to buy the car I am just giving you my point of view. I dont know why these are so rare, I would love to see what the discount would be if this car was on a dealer lot. But thats the thing there arent any.

Buddy - it's not the options. It's about price. If the car was on the lot today it would be discounted 10%.

As I said earlier - I love the car. I do. But I can't buy at that price. I am guessing that you are looking for 85-87K on the OBO - and I genuinely hope you get that. I really do.

I am a cash buyer (the green stuff) and I hear you on you'd rather keep it - you may have to. And that's not a bad thing - it's a great car! I've owned 3 - I know!

Happy Thanksgiving and I'm crossing my fingers you get it sold at your asking price!!

Cheers!
David
Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I understand your point of view. You actually have the options I want. But to me it's all about the money - if a 2018 showed up on King's lot today with your options it would sell for 86K

I agree that many will pay, or overpay in most cases to get what they want. If that suits you that's cool. I get it. I own an airplane and I just dumped 77K in avionics upgrades that I did NOT need, but wanted. Will it raise my plane's value by 77K - NOPE So I get it.

All the best.

Get notified of new replies

To 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi

Old 11-16-2017, 12:33 PM
c4t
Instructor

exactly and your options are pay a little more to get exactly what you want now or wait maybe a few days, a week, a month, or 6 months until another one shows up for sale and get it for a price you are willing to pay, however I think dealers dont drop that much on cars with rare options. somewhere out there are guys that say i dont care about an extra $5k I want it lets make a deal. I was that guy about 9 months ago and I dont regret it.

I hope you do find the car you are looking for at the price you want to pay but when you are sitting at the dealer table and see all those weird bs fees add up you'll remember me :P lol
jk good luck
Old 11-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Great conversation C4T - so let's keep it going.

You make very valid points. But the flip side is - how long till you find the right buyer - the buyer that wants precisely what you have and is willing to pay... If he comes along 6 months from now will he still pay that much for the car?

There are a finite amount of Corvette buyers. Judging by current sales - it's a small group. By going after a very specific buyer who wants what you have at your price very much limits your buyer base. Just sayin.

Again - it's all good conversation. But I gotta roll. I am actually heading out to KMIA (Miami) in about 1 hour - so if your bored I'll be over at Signature Flight Support by 430 PM and not leaving till about 8ish.- love to buy you a cup and keep the conversation rolling!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:55 PM
c4t
Instructor

Jeje fellow jetsmarter member?

Great conversation C4T - so let's keep it going.

You make very valid points. But the flip side is - how long till you find the right buyer - the buyer that wants precisely what you have and is willing to pay... If he comes along 6 months from now will he still pay that much for the car?

There are a finite amount of Corvette buyers. Judging by current sales - it's a small group. By going after a very specific buyer who wants what you have at your price very much limits your buyer base. Just sayin.

Again - it's all good conversation. But I gotta roll. I am actually heading out to KMIA (Miami) in about 1 hour - so if your bored I'll be over at Signature Flight Support by 430 PM and not leaving till about 8ish.- love to buy you a cup and keep the conversation rolling!

Quick Reply: FS: 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Z07 package, stage 3 aero, competition seats, PDR, 20 Mi