Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Dale Jr's C7 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 11:28 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Once a car is titled then it is just another used car! Cars generally are not an investment as most depreciate 25% when you drive off the lot and from there sports cars depreciate each year another 15-25% for each year you own it.

It doesn't help that all the buzz is about the ZR1 in which the used market is getting flooded with corvettes and anyone that owns one is taking a bath if they try to sell. In your case, you didn't buy but won the car so I would check Kelly Blue Book kbb.com and see what its worth and discount it to move it. KBB says 55-60K with 300 miles and excellent condition - see below!

Are there some people who have more money than brains and spend and buy ***** nilly because they can but a signature on a dash pad is not worth 30k over what you can buy the exact same car brand new. There is no investment value in that signature for 99.9% of people. However, dead celebrities like Elvis Presley, Michigan Jackson or someone of that stature might be a little different but not in low end cars under 100k is my thought.

The market dictates what a car is worth and it boils down to supply and demand and there is ALOT OF SUPPLY out here. Celebrity affiliation really doesn't add any additional value to the average Joe, I am not going to pay a premium for a car owned by any celebrity and/or president for that matter.

You got it for free less any fees and tax consequences, take what you can and move on as each day you own it the value depreciates because a car is not an investment but a depreciating asset. BTW, people looking for yellow is a niche market in my opinion as the color isn't for everyone which means its less people interested yet alone to over pay. See the top selling colors below:

Top Selling Colors:

1. Torch Red
2. Arctic White
3. Black

1. Arctic White
2. Torch Red
3. Shark Gray

1. Arctic White
2. Black
3. Torch Red

Most Popular 2015 Stingray Colors....

Arctic White...........19%
Torch Red..............17%
Shark Grey............15%
Black....................14%
Laguna Blue............9%
Crystal Red.............7%
Velocity Yellow........5%
Blade Silver............5%
Night Race Blue.......5%
Daytona Sunrise......4%

Last edited by KGrant; 11-16-2017 at 09:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hotrod-Realtor (11-16-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Mike, haters are going to hate, let them hate. GLWS and the "right" person will come along and I am sure that you will agree on a fair price and a Dale Jr. fan will have a great piece of Dale Jr. history. GLWS.
The following users liked this post:
$25Mike (11-21-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 09:02 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

I also haven't won any nascar championships, would you like me to sign the dash as well??
Old 11-20-2017, 09:40 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I don't think anyone is being a hater but providing honest and realistic advise of what is happening in the marketplace. This is a car that was likely donated to the foundation and the gentleman lucked up and had the winning ticket.

I would place a $20 bet that No ONE would pay $93,000 + for a car because of a signature on the Dash Pad when you can buy the same car for 30k less. As mentioned in the thread, the longer you have the car the more it depreciates.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take the fair market value or enjoy the car or wait it out and then regret not heeding the unbiased advise and wonder why the car is only work 50k and dropping.

The OP can do whatever he pleases and should be respected for that but I sense the dreaded statement will ring true later in that "We Told You So".

Originally Posted by Fast Cop
Mike, haters are going to hate, let them hate. GLWS and the "right" person will come along and I am sure that you will agree on a fair price and a Dale Jr. fan will have a great piece of Dale Jr. history. GLWS.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

Deep Purple - Hush

HUSH, wait and we will...... good luck
Old 11-21-2017, 10:34 PM
$25Mike
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KGrant
I don't think anyone is being a hater but providing honest and realistic advise of what is happening in the marketplace. This is a car that was likely donated to the foundation and the gentleman lucked up and had the winning ticket.

I would place a $20 bet that No ONE would pay $93,000 + for a car because of a signature on the Dash Pad when you can buy the same car for 30k less. As mentioned in the thread, the longer you have the car the more it depreciates.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take the fair market value or enjoy the car or wait it out and then regret not heeding the unbiased advise and wonder why the car is only work 50k and dropping.

The OP can do whatever he pleases and should be respected for that but I sense the dreaded statement will ring true later in that "We Told You So".
Hate or not, it could be I told you so. Good look in all of your adventures all!

Last edited by $25Mike; 11-21-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:34 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017C7
...and the price is?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:55 PM
$25Mike
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the sarcasm. It's just a car. No longer for sale here.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 AM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

Thank you, have FUN with your toy. best to u

Quick Reply: FS: Dale Jr's C7 Grand Sport