Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: PRICE REDUCED: 2014 Laguna Blue 2LT Convertible in Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 11:46 AM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

Default PRICE REDUCED: 2014 Laguna Blue 2LT Convertible in Kansas City

THIS CAR IS OFF THE MARKET FOR NOW. IT MAY BE RELISTED AT A LATER DATE.

Price reduced
- One owner with 21,300 miles, no damage history. Laguna blue convertible 2LT, black interior, heads up display, manual transmission, navigation, Z51 sway bars, dual mode exhaust, Z06 performance grill, stinger stripe, ACS splitter and side skirts, FAY carbon fiber dash, TSW Nurburgrings, AFE intake and fresh rubber. Paint is in excellent condition. ACS parts could use a repaint. Place in service May 2014, so 1 year 10 months remaining in power train warranty.

Additional pictures are available in my profile. Asking price is $43,000 $42,000 firm . Purchase needs to be through a dealership so I can retain my sales tax reduction for my next car. I will pay all dealership fees. 913-401-9333

Walk around video:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar76ujCZlTQEzXpeYrF2U5IUR7to

Last edited by op z; 08-11-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: price reduced
Old 06-11-2018, 11:18 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Great looking car, BLWS
The following users liked this post:
op z (06-12-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Crazy Horse
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Great looking combo!

Do you have the original wheels?
Old 06-16-2018, 08:16 AM
op z
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Horse
Great looking combo!

Do you have the original wheels?

no-
Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 AM
op z
Drifting

Bump for reduced price
Old 06-26-2018, 02:18 PM
ekim7878
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you mean the sale has to be through a dealership? So if I have a bank check from a credit union that won't work? Please clarify.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:33 PM
op z
Drifting

Originally Posted by ekim7878
What do you mean the sale has to be through a dealership? So if I have a bank check from a credit union that won't work? Please clarify.
If the transaction (me trading and you buying) is not done through a dealership, then I would have to pay sales tax on the full price of the car(9.5% in KS). If I trade in and you buy from the dealer, then I only pay tax on the difference between the new car price and the trade in. The difference to me is about $4k out of pocket.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:00 AM
jrs 427
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

If this is the case and your buying another vehicle why don't you trade it in ? Dealership doesn't take used Corvettes in trade or value significantly lower ?
Old 07-11-2018, 06:10 AM
Maz615
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Still for sale ?
Old 07-11-2018, 11:24 AM
C5smithjack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrs 427
If this is the case and your buying another vehicle why don't you trade it in ? Dealership doesn't take used Corvettes in trade or value significantly lower ?
Of course it's lower - that's a pretty obvious assumption - probably $7000 to $8000 lower. I am surprised he found a dealer willing do that for him but if he has its not a problem for any buyer. Actually its better because buying from a dealer for a private sale price is a good thing especially if the dealer isn't charging to do a safety inspection and a documentation fee? If I was interested in this car I would prefer this route to take delivery from an authorized Chevrolet dealer vs a just regular person any day. Win win..

Last edited by C5smithjack; 07-11-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:11 PM
SRQ Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by op z
If the transaction (me trading and you buying) is not done through a dealership, then I would have to pay sales tax on the full price of the car(9.5% in KS). If I trade in and you buy from the dealer, then I only pay tax on the difference between the new car price and the trade in. The difference to me is about $4k out of pocket.
So have you actually arranged this potential transaction with a dealership, and are they willing to let it go for $41,000 (or less)? This seems like an interesting idea if you can actually make it work. It would be even better if you could arrange for the dealer to sell it as a GM Certified car.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM
jrs 427
Drifting

Originally Posted by C5smithjack
Of course it's lower - that's a pretty obvious assumption - probably $7000 to $8000 lower. I am surprised he found a dealer willing do that for him but if he has its not a problem for any buyer. Actually its better because buying from a dealer for a private sale price is a good thing especially if the dealer isn't charging to do a safety inspection and a documentation fee? If I was interested in this car I would prefer this route to take delivery from an authorized Chevrolet dealer vs a just regular person any day. Win win..
You male a lot of sense. The dealer says it is worth $7000. to $8000. less than selling price. My state is 5.5% sales tax. I would be paying 9.5% at the dealer. I'm paying the 7 to 8k over value for what reason ??? Didn't take calculus in college but it seems the buyer is getting the short end of the stick. For handling the paperwork they are not " certifying " anything but a commission check on each transaction. The dealer isn't doing any favors, ... they sell a car ( profit ) plus charge for the transaction paperwork ( profit ) , no ties with the used car plus they get a portion of sales tax collected courtesy of the state revenue department.

Technically your defrauding the state of tax money because your scheming to show a trade at a dealership thats not a trade transaction. I'm surprised a respected agency would go along with this scam. Tax agencies, state or federal, do not have a sense of humor. They don't have grey areas. A call on this activity would surely lead to a full audit of prior transactions. If you can't afford the car and pay the appropriate taxes like everyone else, ..... save your money till you can. Don't drag others into your web.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 PM
C5smithjack
Instructor

You male a lot of sense. The dealer says it is worth $7000. to $8000. less than selling price. My state is 5.5% sales tax. I would be paying 9.5% at the dealer. I'm paying the 7 to 8k over value for what reason ??? Didn't take calculus in college but it seems the buyer is getting the short end of the stick. For handling the paperwork they are not " certifying " anything but a commission check on each transaction. The dealer isn't doing any favors, ... they sell a car ( profit ) plus charge for the transaction paperwork ( profit ) , no ties with the used car plus they get a portion of sales tax collected courtesy of the state revenue department.

Technically your defrauding the state of tax money because your scheming to show a trade at a dealership thats not a trade transaction. I'm surprised a respected agency would go along with this scam. Tax agencies, state or federal, do not have a sense of humor. They don't have grey areas. A call on this activity would surely lead to a full audit of prior transactions. If you can't afford the car and pay the appropriate taxes like everyone else, ..... save your money till you can. Don't drag others into your web.
If you like the price and the car well than thats the point. If not then don't bother.

YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG - IF HE TRADES IT AT A DEALERSHIP THEN THAT DEALERSHIP CAN RESELL TO WHOM EVER THEY WANT FOR WHATEVER PRICE THEY WANT. NOTHING ABOUT THAT IS FRAUD. Who you going to call the trade in police at Kelly Blue Book. Give me a break!

That is the whole point of being a dealer. By going through a dealer it is 100% legal. I don't know this person or care what he buys or sells but listening to someone who thinks something is immoral and not something they would so has nothing to do with the truth.

That is why they have rules and laws. You follow them and your good and if you don't then you don't. What you failed to understand is the guy is going to by a new BMW and guess what BMW dealers do. They sell new BMW's. If this helps them sell a BMW then leave them alone and let them do their business that they have every legal right to do even if you think it should not happen which is a joke. Sorry but your made me angry and I have nothing to do with this post.
The following 2 users liked this post by C5smithjack:
bick333 (07-25-2018), Chicago Bob (07-23-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:10 AM
rrepp
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice ride. Since you don't list it I'm thinking this car does not have magnetic ride. Is that correct? Or does it have magnetic ride? Does the car have the 50 State/ California approved sticker under the hood? I have other questions if the answers are yes, but will wait to ask them because if car doesn't have magnetic ride it wouldn't be for me. Beautiful car though. Everything about this car suits me perfectly. Thanks, Robert
Old 07-25-2018, 05:17 AM
op z
Drifting

Originally Posted by rrepp
Nice ride. Since you don't list it I'm thinking this car does not have magnetic ride. Is that correct? Or does it have magnetic ride? Does the car have the 50 State/ California approved sticker under the hood? I have other questions if the answers are yes, but will wait to ask them because if car doesn't have magnetic ride it wouldn't be for me. Beautiful car though. Everything about this car suits me perfectly. Thanks, Robert
no magnetic ride
Old 07-25-2018, 10:52 PM
jrs 427
Drifting

[QUOTE=C5smithjack;. Sorry but your made me angry and I have nothing to do with this post.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, rules are you pay tax and don't skirt the law. He is NOT trading the car.... it is a way of cheating the state of their fair share of tax collection. One can look at it as legal in their mind. If the owner can't afford the sales tax on the BMW maybe he should not enter into the venture. I have no idea what your sore headed about. Its a one person view on right and proper. Your an angry person who needs self control. There are TV ads for this situation with varied choices.

If the owner gets by with it ,.. sure is his business. Perpose it to DOT and get the right opinion.

Last edited by jrs 427; 07-25-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:42 AM
C5smithjack
Instructor

Exactly, rules are you pay tax and don't skirt the law. He is NOT trading the car.... it is a way of cheating the state of their fair share of tax collection. One can look at it as legal in their mind. If the owner can't afford the sales tax on the BMW maybe he should not enter into the venture. I have no idea what your sore headed about. Its a one person view on right and proper. Your an angry person who needs self control. There are TV ads for this situation with varied choices.

If the owner gets by with it ,.. sure is his business. Perpose it to DOT and get the right opinion.
He is TRADING the car. What part of that don't you understand you feather merchant!

Any and every person that reads what you write - reads feather merchant.

What are you the defender of state tax spirit of the law man!

That is what you. Nothing he is doing is against the law but it is against the spirit of the law in your opinion and that bothers you. hahahaha

You must be a joke of a person or friend. I am sure you get invited to a lot if dinner parties walking around with that pole up your ***.

Google Corporate law and you will realize there is an entire genre of the law dedicated to trying to find ways that are technically legal and yet against the spirit of the law to reduce the tax burden. That is the point with law it is black and white. No grey. The law says if the dealer takes it in on trade they can do way they want with it. I could care less what you think is law. Ask any attorney or person with 1/2 a brain that is not a feather merchant.

There is another genre of the law called Federal Tax law. And you want to get indignant to this poor guy from trying to find a way to get a new BMW when more than 1/5 of the tax law is purposely designed to sound one way and work another. These are called loop holes. As in find a buyer and then trade it and have them buy from a dealer which would be a loop hole. Loop holes are legal and you can't close them by closing your eye's and saying go away 3 times in a row and then open them and their are gone. I guess you could go around defending the honor of state tax whenever you see it not being employed the way you think the state would like it.

Really, you don't have any other way to spend your leisure time. I actually do the exact opposite. I would rather help someone hence my responding to this post.

You should write all those CEO's and better yet congress for purposely designing those tax laws considering you are state tax defender of the spirit of the law man.

Just go to take your ill placed opinions elsewhere and let this poor guy try and sell his Vette. You already ruined his post so you must be happy with yourself. Great job, BMW doesn't get a car sale, this guy doesn't get a new car and someone doesn't get nice blue convertible from a dealer that typically stand behind and warranty anything they sell but then again you get to tell yourself that you made the world a better place today. Your family must be proud.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:01 PM
jrs 427
Drifting

Originally Posted by C5smithjack
He is TRADING the car. What part of that don't you understand you feather merchant!

Any and every person that reads what you write - reads feather merchant.

What are you the defender of state tax spirit of the law man!

That is what you. Nothing he is doing is against the law but it is against the spirit of the law in your opinion and that bothers you. hahahaha

You must be a joke of a person or friend. I am sure you get invited to a lot if dinner parties walking around with that pole up your ***.

Google Corporate law and you will realize there is an entire genre of the law dedicated to trying to find ways that are technically legal and yet against the spirit of the law to reduce the tax burden. That is the point with law it is black and white. No grey. The law says if the dealer takes it in on trade they can do way they want with it. I could care less what you think is law. Ask any attorney or person with 1/2 a brain that is not a feather merchant.

There is another genre of the law called Federal Tax law. And you want to get indignant to this poor guy from trying to find a way to get a new BMW when more than 1/5 of the tax law is purposely designed to sound one way and work another. These are called loop holes. As in find a buyer and then trade it and have them buy from a dealer which would be a loop hole. Loop holes are legal and you can't close them by closing your eye's and saying go away 3 times in a row and then open them and their are gone. I guess you could go around defending the honor of state tax whenever you see it not being employed the way you think the state would like it.

Really, you don't have any other way to spend your leisure time. I actually do the exact opposite. I would rather help someone hence my responding to this post.

You should write all those CEO's and better yet congress for purposely designing those tax laws considering you are state tax defender of the spirit of the law man.

Just go to take your ill placed opinions elsewhere and let this poor guy try and sell his Vette. You already ruined his post so you must be happy with yourself. Great job, BMW doesn't get a car sale, this guy doesn't get a new car and someone doesn't get nice blue convertible from a dealer that typically stand behind and warranty anything they sell but then again you get to tell yourself that you made the world a better place today. Your family must be proud.

AND I hope you get the meds you obviously deserve. Take a deep breath and have someone drive you to the pharmacy.

Get notified of new replies

To PRICE REDUCED: 2014 Laguna Blue 2LT Convertible in Kansas City

Quick Reply: FS: PRICE REDUCED: 2014 Laguna Blue 2LT Convertible in Kansas City