Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2015 Corvette Z06 - 2LZ - Charlotte, NC - $63,500

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2015 Corvette Z06 - 2LZ - Charlotte, NC - $63,500

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/ 2LZ Package
Arctic White
Includes Performance Data Recorder Option
17,100 miles
$63,500

Wife needs a new car, so selling the Z rather than taking on a 2nd car payment. Hoping someone on the board will buy it and save me the humiliation of trading the Z in for a Honda Odyssey (wife's choice, not mine). Local dealer offered over $60k in trade for an X5, but we decided the X5 was too small. Priced just above trade in. Market Value is over $66k.

Only had the car about 7 months and about 3k miles. Did every check you can think of prior to flying up to Boston last winter to buy it:

* Spotless Carfax Report
* Not a Lemon Buy Back
* No Accidents
* No Major Services, All Routine Service Documented (along w/ proper break-in)

* Had car taken to 3rd party Chevy Dealership (since dealer I got car from was Benz Dealer). Shop foreman did complete test of vehicle. Also ran complete diagnostics on car's ECM to make sure no tunes had ever been used in vehicle (Hugely important - any evidence of a non-gm tune will void warranty). Car's ECM still had original tune it left the factory with. To quote the shop foreman, "It drives like the beast it is".

* Spoke to previous owners to ask why they traded the car in - and the reason was to buy a built corvette (can't remember tuning shop, but starts with a "C" I believe). Why they would need more power, I'll never know, lol. I'm still not used to the power of this thing and I've put 3k miles on it!

While I've had the car, I've just driven it around town and taken it to the lake once. Can't deny I would have loved to see what it could do on the track, but never got the chance. While it was in my care, I polished it as often as I probably drove it.

Have had a few 'whoopsie daisies' due to brain farts, but have fixed the car better than new.

*Tried installing a stage 2 spoiler and f'd up the paint using a heat gun on the original spoiler. Ended up replacing the entire spoiler and stage 2 wings with a brand new set.

*Forgot to latch down the roof, so off it flew. Picked up a new one from a nice guy on the boards here. Looks as good as new (want to say he said it only had 500 miles on it).

*Infotainment screen had a flicker when you would hit the button to move the screen up or down, so took it to local chevy dealer for service. Replaced the screen, and haven't had an issue since. Replace a blown speaker w/ brand new bose speaker. Resealed door weatherstripping. Other than that, no issues.

Other than that, nothing but love and kisses for 'The Ghost'. Put on a full ceramic coat that really makes the arctic white look incredible. Thought I 'settled' on the white when I got the car, but now I can say it's right up there with the Watkins Gray and Laguna Blue in my book

Still has the new car smell (my detached garage smells incredible lol)

We'll probably try to sell it ourselves through the end of June and then trade it in. Car is priced close to trade in, so she's priced to move! Definitely, the lowest priced Z06 you'll find within 200 miles!

Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM
shep29
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Interior pics? A8 or M7? Thanks
Old 06-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Bendog
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

You'll never trade it in... no way could any man do that and trade for a Honday mini-van!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 PM
porshuh
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't suppose you have the see-through roof as well?

What's the status (mileage and date of expiration) of the bumper-to-bumper warranty?

The windows look like they have a pretty heavy tint. Do you know the percentages on the side and rear windows?

I can't really tell from the pictures - what stage front work is done?

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Bendog
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Let me know when you do, I'll fly out and kick you in the nuts right before you sign the deal hoping to spur a change of heart. Honestly, though, great car and I'm actually trying to sell my base c7 so I can use that and cash to buy a Z06 so if it goes soon, and this one is still available, this is one I would want so never know... I might also be the one that flies out and saves you from this tragedy.

Last edited by Bendog; 06-14-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:17 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Originally Posted by porshuh
I don't suppose you have the see-through roof as well?

What's the status (mileage and date of expiration) of the bumper-to-bumper warranty?

The windows look like they have a pretty heavy tint. Do you know the percentages on the side and rear windows?

I can't really tell from the pictures - what stage front work is done?

Thanks for the info!
Hi Porshuh,

Bumper to bumper just expired due to 3 year limitation. I was planning to extend the bumper-to-bumper if I kept it (see the general section on good thread about it). Think you can add up to 4 years for $1800-$2500 based on what I read. Power train on the '15's was the longest they offered 5 year / 100k miles. For '16s GM dropped it to 5 year / 60k miles I believe.

Want to say mileage is about 17.1k now.

Window tint is actually pretty light, it just depends on the angle. It looks darker than it is if nothing's behind it (like trunk/seat area). Its a ceramic tint that I had installed when I got the car over the winter, but can't give you the specific rating. I've never had any issues with night driving or anything like that. Pretty forgiving tint really.

I just replaced the roof after forgetting to latch it down (I know...I know...I still feel like an idiot). You're about 2 weeks too late or I could have picked up the tinted roof. I paid $950 for the white one I got from a fellow board member that looks mint. The tinted ones I saw on ebay were going for $1200-1300. Just personal preference, but with the carbon flash mirrors, I actually preferred the white to break up the black a bit. Makes it more stormtrooper-esque, lol.

Any more questions, let me know.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:39 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bendog
Let me know when you do, I'll fly out and kick you in the nuts right before you sign the deal hoping to spur a change of heart. Honestly, though, great car and I'm actually trying to sell my base c7 so I can use that and cash to buy a Z06 so if it goes soon, and this one is still available, this is one I would want so never know... I might also be the one that flies out and saves you from this tragedy.
LMAO! If I traded the Z in for a minivan, you'd be crane kickin' nothing but air. There's been a pretty good amount of interest, so I don't think I'll have to trade in my man card with the Z

I test drove the string ray before bumping up to the Z, and they're both beastly engines. I almost went with the '17 Grand Sport over the older '15 Z06. I finally decided on the Z since they were within like $3k of each other and it's almost a 200HP/Torq difference...your tires might not miss it, but you sure will. The Z is an absolute missle.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:26 AM
Flyguy702
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PMed
Old 06-17-2018, 03:41 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Ever want to know what type of care a seller has put into their car...ask them to show you their detailing collection.

Last edited by jdlev; 06-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 AM
KombatKing
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

That's a great looking Z06! I have 2 more years left on my promise not to buy another sports car, but looking is still fun!

Also, don't worry about getting a minivan - we have 3 kids in car seats still - ages 7, 3, 1 - we also have a 2016 Odyssey Elite. It's like the Swiss army knife of vehicles. More cargo space than a Tahoe with the 3rd row UP, the entertainment system is fantastic - separate inputs in the 3rd row and a split screen option so the older kids can game while the younger watches a movie, built in vacuum etc. and 26 mpg on the highway.

My wife still doesn't like the idea of having a van (it's not actually mini) but they are $20,000 cheaper than a Suburban or Yukon Denali XL which are the only vehicles that come close to or exceed the capabilities, safety, etc.

Put that $20,000 into your investment portfolio and help fund your next sports car down the road! =)

GLWS!

~KK

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Corvette Z06 - 2LZ - Charlotte, NC - $63,500

Quick Reply: FS: 2015 Corvette Z06 - 2LZ - Charlotte, NC - $63,500