Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Reasonable Discount For An Order To Build C7 & Other Related Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:42 PM
C5_
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reasonable Discount For An Order To Build C7 & Related Questions?

I would like to explore a custom build C7. I understand the order to build time is 6-8 weeks, true?

Do dealers generally encourage or discourage this process?

What kind of percentage discount could I reasonably expect on a custom build? I'm seeing some posts stating where folks are getting 20+% off on inventoried cars.

I live 200 miles from Bowling Green, is the Museum Delivery experience worth it? Are there good reasons to avoid this?

Can anyone here mention specific dealers where their custom build was a good experience?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by C5_; 06-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:06 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,249 Likes on 915 Posts

When you use the term"Custom build" are you referirng to a custom order?
Usually dealers like to sell their inventory first but on an special order car the dealer has nothing in the floor plan financing which makes it attractive and they never touch the car especially if it is an R-8C NCM delivery. Museum delivery is a great experience and they give you tons of items which will offset some to the R-8C delivery cost. As far as discount it would be about the same as one of their inventory cars or maybe a little better. Put together a build sheet with the RPO numbers that you want and see what they will do price wise, lots of Chevy dealers out there to shop.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:40 PM
C5_
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
When you use the term"Custom build" are you referirng to a custom order?
Usually dealers like to sell their inventory first but on an special order car the dealer has nothing in the floor plan financing which makes it attractive and they never touch the car especially if it is an R-8C NCM delivery. Museum delivery is a great experience and they give you tons of items which will offset some to the R-8C delivery cost. As far as discount it would be about the same as one of their inventory cars or maybe a little better. Put together a build sheet with the RPO numbers that you want and see what they will do price wise, lots of Chevy dealers out there to shop.
cmonkey, Thank You for your response and valuable information. Yes, I'm referring to a custom order. Museum delivery sounds like fun. Typically what kind of items do they give you during Museum Delivery?

I'm pumped now! I'm after a Sting Ray convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, Kalahari top and interior, chrome wheels, red calipers, red rear spoiler. Can't wait!

DEALERS: Feel free to PM me, I am ready to buy!

Last edited by C5_; 06-14-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Baltimoron
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_
cmonkey, Thank You for your response and valuable information. Yes, I'm referring to a custom order. Museum delivery sounds like fun. Typically what kind of items do they give you during Museum Delivery?

I'm pumped now! I'm after a Sting Ray convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, Kalahari top and interior, chrome wheels, red calipers, red rear spoiler. Can't wait!

DEALERS: Feel free to PM me, I am ready to buy!
just wondering if you made the move to order yet? I’m holding out till I can order Elkhart lake blue, but was wondering if you found anything close to that 20% off mark? Everything I’ve been seeing is 12-13% on current model year stuff.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:22 PM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_
I would like to explore a custom build C7. I understand the order to build time is 6-8 weeks, true?

Do dealers generally encourage or discourage this process?

What kind of percentage discount could I reasonably expect on a custom build? I'm seeing some posts stating where folks are getting 20+% off on inventoried cars.

I live 200 miles from Bowling Green, is the Museum Delivery experience worth it? Are there good reasons to avoid this?

Can anyone here mention specific dealers where their custom build was a good experience?

Thanks for any input.
SHOP NOW

Corvette C7 Front Splitter
/ Ground Effect
........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 2 Front Splitter W/ Side Extension

C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 3 Front Splitter W/ Wickerbill Extension

C7 Primer Black Stage 2 Front Splitter

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

All of our items are manufactured by following the ASTM Durability of Nonmetallic Material Standards.

Shipping & Handling time:

We offer FREE domestic shipping up to 48 states. Since June 2018, all orders will be shipped within 2-3 business days. Every item will be inspected and re-polished before we ship out the orders.

About Us

Get notified of new replies

To Reasonable Discount For An Order To Build C7 & Other Related Questions?

Quick Reply: FS: Reasonable Discount For An Order To Build C7 & Other Related Questions?