Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 800 HP supercharged and Cammed 2014 Corvette 2lt convertible value(GM Buyback)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 05:48 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 800 HP supercharged and Cammed 2014 Corvette 2lt conv 34k or best in AZ(GM Buyback)

VEHICLE IS SOLD.... PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

New price $34,000 or best offer

Hello, I’m looking for people’s honest opinion on how much this car is worth to sell or trade in with the listed mods, mileage and mainly because it was a gym buyback vehicle (lemon - due to odor in vehicle). It was purchased at Lavery Auto in alliance, Ohio they are known to sell either buyback or fleet corvettes.

Mods - A&A supercharger T-trim, Alkycontrol dual nozzle meth kit, Mighty Mouse catch can, Cordes Racing Custom cam, Texas speed Longtube headers no cats w/ stock non npp exhaust.

With these mods on auto 6 / 91 octane car put down in AZ - 681 rwhp/651 rwtq if I remember correctly that’s at about 10 psi. Car is very fast!!

How much of a hit and I looking to loose with it being a GM buyback vehicle. Wife wants me to get into a different ride. After her having to drive for a couple days while her was being repairs she called me like I did too much to this car!! She thought initially it was going to be great for rode trips etc, but she isn’t comfortable in passenger seat and rather drive because driver seat adjustmust better, she claims lol! She hasn’t really been in car too much since purchase and wasn’t aware of all the mods!! She frowned upon meth when she just learned saying she is in fear car is going to blow up!! Women and cars, she doesn’t understand why it needs meth’ Plus she said with average mpg of 22.1 and me soon to be working in Phoenix with a long daily commute in about 22 months we need to do something now with vehicle since it’s just parked covered with battery tender. Honestly have to say it sucks not being able to drive when I want to with me being in Michigan couldn’t justify leaving car in Michigan when I had new house and garage space in Arizona! We are now leaning towards a hybrid or electric of some type being we have a 12,000 kw solar system on our house that has plenty of extra juice! Biggest and main reason she wants car sold is that we are looking at buying second property / vacation and rental condo and I have say after giving it some long thought she is right concerning plans. When I purchased car we were living in Michigan and had no thoughts of leaving. Had a daily driver and this car was garage winters. We has a home built late last year and I relocated my wife and car to Buckeye, AZ. I’m working in Michigan til mid 2020, so I travel back and forth every few weeks until retirement!

I’m curious of it will be worth it to trade or sell in long run taking a big hit on all the work I have had done. Cam was just installed in March 2018. Car only has 28900 miles and is super clean, small road rash on front bumper (daily driven) and super small scuff on rear passenger tire. Other then being a GM buyback it’s only negative mark. I do have a pay of loan but I’m welling to negotiate with reasonable offers.

I told wife I would take loss on mods, I have modded cars before and know how return is!! Modding isn’t an investment lol! But only will sell or trade car if it will clear my balance and it would be nice to get some money from recent cam work!

I listed on cargurus and Craigslist as well at 34k or best offer. Looking for honest advice, is this to high or reasonable??

Last edited by Dash4237; 08-18-2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Trade vehicle in!! please close thread
Old 08-15-2018, 06:04 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Stupid question ...but does the car still smell?

im sure it was the early plastic gas smell that eventually disapated..

tell the wife to cool her jets.,.tell her offers came in so ridiculously low because it was a buyback you cant sell it...

i think you priced the car well. It looks good.

modding a car and then selling it definitely sucks.

whatever regular buyback vehicles have sold for ...in the last is what you ll get..

good luck and id suggest holding onto the convertible.

the electic car thing doesnt save any money.

i almost bought the model 3 for the wife but the wait for awd became ridiculous. I ended up just getting her a alfa stevlvio ti sport...

electrics are three or four years out from making economic sense...

that electric is an emotional purchase....not a logical one at this point..

the cam is probably what put it over the top for her..not the meth....tell her youll tune the car down and just put a quieter exhaust meaning put the stock cats back on the car..(stock cats should do it)

i remember putting my wife in my cammed z06 a few years back...i ran into the store to get her something and left the car running with the ac on...when i came back into the car she was all freaked out saying there was something wrong with my car as the car was rocking so bad she felt like a bobble head...

cams even light cams are too much for most chicks who are wives...

find a place to bitch and they have found heaven...

pull the cam as a worst case scenerio if you cant sell the car..(important to say the plastic smell is long gone in your ad)

just drice the car back and forth and tell her ti mind her own f in business..

i daily my third ourchased new corvette to the present tune of 124k miles in and out of manhattan etc..and the surrounding tri state area all year long...winter summer spring and fall. I slap snow tires on in the four months of winter..its no big deal..

these are just cars so drive the crap out of them...nothing bad is going to hapoen if you use these cars as daily drivers..

except you ll smile every day..

fwiw 38 grand is the cost the average cuv sold in america...

you worked your whole life and are planning to retire in 2020..

go out working your last year and a half in style...

make that commute in that really badass corvette,

why take the hit because you got a steal as the plastic took a little longer to dissipate the plastic

sorry to stick my two cents in..

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-15-2018 at 06:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dash4237 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 07:05 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Not a stupid question at all, car had no smell when I purchased whatsoever! To me it seems Buyers remorse on some of these cars people buy can can’t afford or change of heart! Sticker on vehicle was 69k!! Car has been great not one hiccup whatsoever! GM protection plan til 2022 / 76737 miles of course that’s everything but engine since modded! I haven’t had to take car for anything accept a replacement navigation screen because the sliding mechanism came off track about 2 months after own car!

I agree with you 100%! I’m not sold on electric cars yet! I was down with placing deposit off new Tesla 3 but decided against... something I can’t put my finger on right now!

I’m waying options now, I want a Z06 eventually and I’m wondering if this might be a good a day to step back and say sure let’s get this rental property going and later on get my Z06. No way I’m getting it while I own this car!! Doing what my wife suggests now will allow for us to get into this second property about a year sooner, being that I would get ride of a 700 or so payment and end up with a cheap car for now til I get the condo (out of country) we are looking at.

I forgot to mention the one thing I hate most is not being able to drive car for last 7 months really and 2 more years of this. I don’t believe in letting something I’m paying for sir. I see cars as expenses not investments, I know I blew money on it and another 20k mods so that’s taking it on one end... to me letting it sit is taking it in the other end! I guess everyone is different some people have money growing on trees! Me I work a city government job as LEO!

Thank you for your viewpoint and opinion as well!!

Howard
JerriVette (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 AM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,108 Likes on 982 Posts

The buy back fact kills value. The mods and no cats will appeal to very few potential buyers.

The car car is going down in value everyday at the same time you’re making payment and insurance

Your asking price is OK. If it wasn’t a lemon buy back

Probably have to drop price $5-$6k to sell it.

Might be better to put it back to stock and sell the blower and other parts
Dash4237 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:03 AM
GS982
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 200 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
The buy back fact kills value. The mods and no cats will appeal to very few potential buyers.

The car car is going down in value everyday at the same time you’re making payment and insurance

I think your car is priced inline with a stock vehicle without the GM buyback. I would expect to take a $3-5 grand hit for the buyback. You could probably get most if not all that back selling the supercharger and meth kit separately. Also, if you have documentation proving the buyback was just from the car having a bad smell, it should give potential buyers a piece of mind.
Dash4237 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette

Thank you for the advice, I will consider!! I had cats initially but I had to have them removed because they started folding in!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Originally Posted by GS982

I think your car is priced inline with a stock vehicle without the GM buyback. I would expect to take a $3-5 grand hit for the buyback. You could probably get most if not all that back selling the supercharger and meth kit separately. Also, if you have documentation proving the buyback was just from the car having a bad smell, it should give potential buyers a piece of mind.
Ok, thank you. Never thought about showing that proof. Going to contact GM to track that info down today. It was only printed on the paperwork at the time I purchased from Chevy dealer. That's a great idea and I'll lower my price!!!
Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 PM
ttboyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dash4237
Ok, thank you. Never thought about showing that proof. Going to contact GM to track that info down today. It was only printed on the paperwork at the time I purchased from Chevy dealer. That's a great idea and I'll lower my price!!!
sent you a pm
tom
Dash4237 (08-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 800 HP supercharged and Cammed 2014 Corvette 2lt convertible value(GM Buyback)

Quick Reply: FS: 800 HP supercharged and Cammed 2014 Corvette 2lt convertible value(GM Buyback)