Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: BUYERS BEWARE False advertising Nor Cali

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 PM
dgarzoli
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BUYERS BEWARE False advertising Nor Cali

If you happen to be shopping for a used C7 watch out for this car and this guy- an otherwise gorgeous 2015 BASE 1LT C7 - advertised as "2015 Corvette Stingray Coupe W/Z51 Performance Package $46,000. Listed on Craigslist as:

"2015 Corvette Stingray Coupe W/Z51 Performance Package.

Options include: 3LT Preferred Equipment Group; NAPA leather seats, Premium Bose audio system, navigation, bluetooth, Heated, ventilated and lumbar seats, Heads-up display, Removable roof panel - visible carbon fiber with body color surround, Magnetic ride control W/PTM, 8-speed paddle shift auto transmission, Remote start, Black machined wheels with custom red calipers, Battery protection package, Carbon flash painted spoiler and outside mirrors, Indoor vehicle cover, plus every other extra you can think of. This corvette has all the bells and whistles. Excellent/like new condition, always garaged. Must see!

Brand New Tires
Carbon Fiber front split spoiler , side skirts and rear spoiler ( Z06 package )
Upgraded Exhaust , Headers and tuned"

Car literally has none of that, except for the ground effects and he must have painted the calipers himself. He texted me the door label with the VIN and was about to offer him full asking price when I decided to invest $8 in a Monroney label (Attached). I called him on it and he said "I'm not a Corvette Expert". I booked it and offered him middle of private party value $38K. Of course he refused then got mad and told me to pound sand.

If your shopping - spend the $8 on a Monroney label. It is critical in negotiations in my opinion. I've bought like 4 of them already! Lol.

The following users liked this post:
old stingray (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 PM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:26 PM
inthegap18
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you!
Old 03-20-2019, 05:39 PM
dragonass23
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Other tip

Besides using the VIN to look up the details, you can ask for a picture of the RPO sticker located in the truck near the battery. With the 3 digit codes, you can tell exactly how the car was built at the factory.

Get notified of new replies

To BUYERS BEWARE False advertising Nor Cali

Quick Reply: WTB: BUYERS BEWARE False advertising Nor Cali