C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 11:24 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP discussion

would love to hear everyone/anyones thoughts on the kenne bell boost a pump and adding fuel pressure and changing injector timing on these boosted cars. .
Of course since my 2016 has direct injection and the fuel pressure is high some guys say its really high like 2000 which I think is way wrong but would like to hear your thoughts, I was thinking closer to 150-200 but I could be waaaaaay off there until I stick a fuel pressure gauge on mine to verify.
On port fuel injection we opened the fuel injector a lot farther before top dead center but on DI cars is probably less then half that (if I am close to correct port was opening around 720 and DI is close to 300) so sure we need more fuel pressure but we also need it to probably open sooner and maybe close a little later under full load to help keep the burn going to avoid "ignition" which we all know is BAD. Burn is good, ignition is bad

So maybe with the added open earlier fuel injector and a boost a pump which will increase pressure from the pump is that what we want? would love to hear your thots on it. especially if you are in the know with tuning etc.....,reason I bring it up is I want to drop a pulley size or 2 on my car but want to be safe as hell doing it/ thxs, paul

Last edited by HANNY; 12-25-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:42 AM
2highpsi
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

A boost-a-pump will not really do much for you on the DI engine, the electric pump is nothing more than a transfer pump to bring the fuel up to the engine mounted high pressure mechanical fuel pump. To get more fuel you need a bigger mechanical pump and/or a change in the camshaft lobe that operates the mechanical pump.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:56 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
A boost-a-pump will not really do much for you on the DI engine, the electric pump is nothing more than a transfer pump to bring the fuel up to the engine mounted high pressure mechanical fuel pump. To get more fuel you need a bigger mechanical pump and/or a change in the camshaft lobe that operates the mechanical pump.
that makes a lot more sense now,,,,,,, I wasn't aware of the mechanical pump but that makes sense to do it that way sense the electrical is limited to fuel pressure output. appreciate that knowledge brother!!!!!!!
So what are guys doing on these higher HP cars to get more fuel pressure? meth injection I suppose is one way maybe?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:03 AM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

I just installed my Kenne Bell BAP last week. Feels like my car woke up from a long sleep. I run a D1 and mine is mounted up front with thick wires to the pump. Works well. I would recommend it if needed.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:21 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HANNY
that makes a lot more sense now,,,,,,, I wasn't aware of the mechanical pump but that makes sense to do it that way sense the electrical is limited to fuel pressure output. appreciate that knowledge brother!!!!!!!
So what are guys doing on these higher HP cars to get more fuel pressure? meth injection I suppose is one way maybe?
We haven't "upgraded" to a Z06 fuel pump / fuel lines / injectors as of yet but we did do this:

- 33% more fuel on our aftermarket cam lobe.
- Dual nozzle 100% M1 methanol injection.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP discussion

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP discussion