C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calvo and LMR-new project

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 AM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default Calvo and LMR-new project

After I realized I can only run wide open for 4 min and 16 miles before I'm out of meth. I decided I'm going to build me a motor with lmr new intake and a set a of port injectors and try and get away from methanol as a form of fuel and use it or nitrous for cooling IAT. I think it can be done and I'm going to go that way. Has anyone found an electric high pressure fuel pump? Or is it going to be a few years for after market support?
Old 02-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Popham
After I realized I can only run wide open for 4 min and 16 miles before I'm out of meth. I decided I'm going to build me a motor with lmr new intake and a set a of port injectors and try and get away from methanol as a form of fuel and use it or nitrous for cooling IAT. I think it can be done and I'm going to go that way. Has anyone found an electric high pressure fuel pump? Or is it going to be a few years for after market support?
Port injectors don't need a high pressure pump. 60 PSI or so would be fine.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

What's your thoughts Andy? Is it worth it?
Old 02-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

well, yeah, baller. do it, hurry. call joe @ CPR in arizona, he can send a pump kit like mine for the tank.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-20-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
well, yeah, baller. do it, hurry. call joe @ CPR in arizona, he can send a pump kit like mine for the tank.
Your the baller around this area! I can't afford to stay on your side of town!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

We are putting port injection on my car this week.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Your the one who gave me the idea! If all it takes is a extra computer and fuel lines. It's easier then meth
Old 02-22-2016, 12:03 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Your the one who gave me the idea! If all it takes is a extra computer and fuel lines. It's easier then meth

I would still use meth as your fueling, just have it sprayed from your second set of injectors upon boost only.

Good luck with the build, sounds awesome!!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

We are still keeping the meth kit. We are adding port injection because we are out of fuel, again. Meth kit will be a lot easier/ cheaper than adding port injection and second ECU.

Btw, what does LMR's intake look like? Haven't seen any pics of it .

Last edited by Motohead279; 02-22-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

I want to be able to run the car more then 4 min at wide open throttle without worrying about running out of meth. We ran a poker run last year and it would have been a nightmare to stop and fill up meth all the time.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

I want to be able to run the car more then 4 min at wide open throttle without worrying about running out of meth. We ran a poker run last year and it would have been a nightmare to stop and fill up meth all the time.
I'm working with a company that is making a spacer to bolt on an ls7 intake manifold on the LT1. Install the ls7 factory fuel rail with some ls9 injectors running to secondary pump controlled by an AEM box ($400 bucks) setup the pulse width to come on during map (boost only) and increase PW as map pressure increases..
Under normal closed loop control factory fueling will ale care if everything and in boost the factory Ls setup kicks in.. This would be super reliable since it basically uses 90% gm factory parts and pretty inexpensive
The following users liked this post:
Steven Popham (03-06-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 01:25 AM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I'm going the port injection route for sure. Tired of being out of fuel, relying on meth for a huge amount of fuel.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by T/A KID
I'm working with a company that is making a spacer to bolt on an ls7 intake manifold on the LT1. Install the ls7 factory fuel rail with some ls9 injectors running to secondary pump controlled by an AEM box ($400 bucks) setup the pulse width to come on during map (boost only) and increase PW as map pressure increases..
Under normal closed loop control factory fueling will ale care if everything and in boost the factory Ls setup kicks in.. This would be super reliable since it basically uses 90% gm factory parts and pretty inexpensive
but you can't test it on your car.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Steven Popham
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

I hope t/a kid can get it to work, I would follow on this
Old 03-06-2016, 09:25 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

but you can't test it on your car.
Naw... Got the LT4 blower on it at the moment

If I was planning on more than 700rwhp with a centri setup I would go this route!!

Haven't seen anyone do this on a DI setup yet but I've seen injector driver boxes used on lsx stuff before with success... I don't like the idea of over drive cam lobes since I think in time they will descrease the life of the
Hpfp

Higgs I know you have the custom fuel system from the Arizona shop, and if I'm not mistaken they "y" into the fuel line before the HPFP?? This eliminates having "fuel pump" issues, but the injectors and HPFP are still limited...

If a system like this could be ran to a rail with injectors, the pumps become the limiting factory again then, but your talking 1200+rwhp most likely or more depending on components or fuel used...
Powertrain control solutions has a box called the PCS XFC that's an injector driver.. Ligenfelter has used it in conjunction with a stock lsx ECU, should be the same as an ltx setup as well.

I think it would be cool to have a 102 fast ls7 intake on top of an LT1/4

Last edited by T/A KID; 03-06-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:43 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

I hope t/a kid can get it to work, I would follow on this
Since I'm PD blower and pretty much my setup is about maxed out (which im currently content with haha) I don't plan to mess with a secondary pump/injector setup..
However I find all of this interesting and always looking for possible solutions for fueling..
Old 03-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Naw... Got the LT4 blower on it at the moment

If I was planning on more than 700rwhp with a centri setup I would go this route!!

Haven't seen anyone do this on a DI setup yet but I've seen injector driver boxes used on lsx stuff before with success... I don't like the idea of over drive cam lobes since I think in time they will descrease the life of the
Hpfp

Higgs I know you have the custom fuel system from the Arizona shop, and if I'm not mistaken they "y" into the fuel line before the HPFP?? This eliminates having "fuel pump" issues, but the injectors and HPFP are still limited...

If a system like this could be ran to a rail with injectors, the pumps become the limiting factory again then, but your talking 1200+rwhp most likely or more depending on components or fuel used...
Powertrain control solutions has a box called the PCS XFC that's an injector driver.. Ligenfelter has used it in conjunction with a stock lsx ECU, should be the same as an ltx setup as well.

I think it would be cool to have a 102 fast ls7 intake on top of an LT1/4

We ran out of fuel at 1291rwhp on my car with DI (44% cam lobe, Z06 pump, secondary low pressure pump and 3 nozzles of meth) It's currently getting port injection and a Haltech ECU wired in to control it. Should be running this week.
The following users liked this post:
Rkreigh (03-08-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Calvo and LMR-new project

Old 03-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Higgs I know you have the custom fuel system from the Arizona shop, and if I'm not mistaken they "y" into the fuel line before the HPFP?? This eliminates having "fuel pump" issues, but the injectors and HPFP are still limited
Correct, it runs to the ethanol sensor and Y into the fuel line right before the HPFP. ethanol sensor not really needed at this point since there is no way to support E85 at the moment with a good amount of power....

a port system would either replace needing meth or supplement it.....as you noted, 600rwhp for each is probably right, and judging by motohead running out with lots of meth at 1241, pretty close.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:54 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Originally Posted by Motohead279
We ran out of fuel at 1291rwhp on my car with DI (44% cam lobe, Z06 pump, secondary low pressure pump and 3 nozzles of meth) It's currently getting port injection and a Haltech ECU wired in to control it. Should be running this week.
Badass!! Let us know how that goes on the ECU piggyback...

Just curious what size nozzles? I'm assuming your close to 50gph between the 3 lol
Old 03-07-2016, 12:55 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Correct, it runs to the ethanol sensor and Y into the fuel line right before the HPFP. ethanol sensor not really needed at this point since there is no way to support E85 at the moment with a good amount of power....

a port system would either replace needing meth or supplement it.....as you noted, 600rwhp for each is probably right, and judging by motohead running out with lots of meth at 1241, pretty close.
Ok cool, I thought that was how it was set up... What are you thinking about doing on your setup?? Meth?

Quick Reply: Calvo and LMR-new project