C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FSP - 1291whp, And Counting...Addition of Haltech Standalone EMS + Port Injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
I was just listening to a podcast and heard 1400+ on this car. :0
1402rwhp on E85.

We will soon be tuning it on C85... so that number will be a bit more here shortly.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Great numbers for 4 bolt heads!!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Anymore updates? Is this beast still running? (I hope so).
Old 05-18-2016, 10:04 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

I spotted it running this weekend
Old 05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
I spotted it running this weekend
Unfortunately we had an issue that we could not figure out that weekend, and I never even made a full pass. Car was down on HP and totally flopped in 4th gear, lost all power. I had to let up on every run.

The culprit? Bad Z06 pump.

Last edited by Motohead279; 05-31-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:28 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

The high pressure pump? Did it sheer itself off the factory mounting bracket?

Originally Posted by Motohead279
Unfortunately we had an issue that we could not figure out that weekend, and I never even made a full pass. Car was down on HP and totally flopped in 4th gear, lost all power. I had to let up on every run.

The culprit? Bad Z06 pump.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by C7&7
I don't know I have not seen it. When Matt at FSP picked the car up and had his laptop hooked up he could watch the fuel pressure dropping until it finally quit. Luckily we have port injection also on the car and could use that to get it to the shop.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

I don't know I have not seen it. When Matt at FSP picked the car up and had his laptop hooked up he could watch the fuel pressure dropping until it finally quit. Luckily we have port injection also on the car and could use that to get it to the shop.
Maybe Matt will chime in. Same thing happened to my car twice. Curious if you guys are running the stronger comp spring on the fuel pump.?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:06 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

With the port injection is there any need to run the high pressure pump as hard? Could you not run it as stock and lean harder in the port injectors?
The following users liked this post:
Earl H (06-05-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by chuntington101
With the port injection is there any need to run the high pressure pump as hard? Could you not run it as stock and lean harder in the port injectors?
We were not running the DI hard, I believe the port injection came on at 4psi. We were originally told that the car may throw a bunch of codes if we eliminate the DI altogether, but right now that is the plan to turn off DI and run port injection only.

I will know the results in a few days.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

We were not running the DI hard, I believe the port injection came on at 4psi. We were originally told that the car may throw a bunch of codes if we eliminate the DI altogether, but right now that is the plan to turn off DI and run port injection only.

I will know the results in a few days.
What drove decision to not let the OEM DI handle the primary ECU responsibilities and use port injection setup to handle anything greater than stock power levels. Seems like that would leave you with near stock driveability with the ability handle high horspower demands when needed. I am personally still wondering why guys are jumping right to cam changes, with the extra cost of LTX setups (e.g. 20+ hours swap cost). Why not sink that cash into a port injection supplemental fuel system (e.g. MSD/other intake, fuel rails, lines, pump, piggyback controller) to handle to additional fueling requirements under boost. The main appeal ,besides cost, would be to keep the car acting like a stock setup until more power is required.

Note: not critiquing setup at all, just thinking out loud re: more "efficient" approach. You are blazing the trail and will get the wiz bang solution. Fast forward 2-3 years and the solution we are all looking for will be simpler, more efficient and common place....

Last edited by Earl H; 06-06-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by Earl H
What drove decision to not let the OEM DI handle the primary ECU responsibilities and use port injection setup to handle anything greater than stock power levels. Seems like that would leave you with near stock driveability with the ability handle high horspower demands when needed. I am personally still wondering why guys are jumping right to cam changes, with the extra cost of LTX setups (e.g. 20+ hours swap cost). Why not sink that cash into a port injection supplemental fuel system (e.g. MSD/other intake, fuel rails, lines, pump, piggyback controller) to handle to additional fueling requirements under boost. The main appeal ,besides cost, would be to keep the car acting like a stock setup until more power is required.

Note: not critiquing setup at all, just thinking out loud re: more "efficient" approach. You are blazing the trail and will get the wiz bang solution. Fast forward 2-3 years and the solution we are all looking for will be simpler, more efficient and common place....
Have you not read any of this thread? We have a LME intake and secondary fuel system with port injection and fuel rails/injectors on the car controlled by a Haltech Pro2500 ECU. The Haltech is controlling all of the timing, the stock ECU is still controlling most aspects of the DI system. Since this has not been done on a C7 before, FSP and Haltech were unsure how the car would react if the DI was completely removed from the equation. They are actually working on that today.

We went to a bigger cam obviously for more fuel, as a cam is a lot less expensive than adding a whole port injection system plus secondary ECU. Its hard to foresee into the future and know the larger cam lobe was going to overdrive the Z06 pump and break them, and also still not give us enough fueling.

Like I stated before, I believe the port injection started gradually started coming on at 4 psi. Its a lot easier on paper to just say "just do this" than to have it tuned and actually run correctly.

As for a "packaged" solution... I wasn't looking to wait 2 - 3 years as you say. This is all new uncharted territory for this car. Someone has to do it.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by C7&7
No, it didn't do that. FSP said the spring looked a little twisted/bent. But it did not shear off.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you not read any of this thread? We have a LME intake and secondary fuel system with port injection and fuel rails/injectors on the car controlled by a Haltech Pro2500 ECU. The Haltech is controlling all of the timing, the stock ECU is still controlling most aspects of the DI system. Since this has not been done on a C7 before, FSP and Haltech were unsure how the car would react if the DI was completely removed from the equation. They are actually working on that today.

We went to a bigger cam obviously for more fuel, as a cam is a lot less expensive than adding a whole port injection system plus secondary ECU. Its hard to foresee into the future and know the larger cam lobe was going to overdrive the Z06 pump and break them, and also still not give us enough fueling.

Like I stated before, I believe the port injection started gradually started coming on at 4 psi. Its a lot easier on paper to just say "just do this" than to have it tuned and actually run correctly.

As for a "packaged" solution... I wasn't looking to wait 2 - 3 years as you say. This is all new uncharted territory for this car. Someone has to do it.
Relax...I read the thread. I was inquiring about your decision to move away from the DI setup and go completely to port injection. I understand that you are trailblazing...and we are all better for it. Been on the bleeding edge of stuff b4 too, lol, don't want to think about how much I blew on that kind of stuff or how much time I spent NOT driving my cars..u get older, u get wiser. At any rate, just throwing out alternatives to see if others have and are trying different things. Just dialogue, not a judgement on ur approach.

Last edited by Earl H; 06-07-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Well got the car back this weekend, running sole on port injection now.
The following users liked this post:
wickedred (07-05-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Will you be at the Clayton race in September? Would like to learn more about your port injection setup.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
Will you be at the Clayton race in September? Would like to learn more about your port injection setup.
Yes I will be back up there this September.

Get notified of new replies

To FSP - 1291whp, And Counting...Addition of Haltech Standalone EMS + Port Injection

Old 06-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Matt@FSP,

Do you have any concerns about spraying that early into an open exhaust valve and not capturing that fuel for combustion? Or do you just look at it like a port application during overlap?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:52 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any updates on this build? My F1X is sitting in the garage while we await a fueling solution which is forthcoming, but I am curious how this all panned out for you in the months that followed this thread.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...er-issues.html

Quick Reply: FSP - 1291whp, And Counting...Addition of Haltech Standalone EMS + Port Injection