C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FSP - 1291whp, And Counting...Addition of Haltech Standalone EMS + Port Injection

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 PM
eric03l
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt is actually in Houston now, tuning cars still. Judging by his post on Ig he is still in contact with motohead and the c7 is up and running.

Last edited by eric03l; 12-06-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:05 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Good for them, I guess
Old 12-06-2016, 05:33 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't really care about the shop more than I did the car and the owner....but I do recall hearing about FSP now that it was brought up again. Wonder why he would choose Houston. Pretty stiff competition here already with big shops/tuners.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:43 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Amazing build brotha, i dont even want to know how much money you just put into that beast but i do want to know what tires are you running to hold down that power??
Old 12-06-2016, 09:47 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by REDHULK
Amazing build brotha, i dont even want to know how much money you just put into that beast but i do want to know what tires are you running to hold down that power??
No tire is going to hold that much power down on the street. Plus with these cars rear set up.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
Any updates on this build? My F1X is sitting in the garage while we await a fueling solution which is forthcoming, but I am curious how this all panned out for you in the months that followed this thread.
The car is running great.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by lane_change
I didn't really care about the shop more than I did the car and the owner....but I do recall hearing about FSP now that it was brought up again. Wonder why he would choose Houston. Pretty stiff competition here already with big shops/tuners.
Matt was already remote tuning for 5 or 6 shops out there already. He is just solely tuning now, he didn't want to deal with the install part anymore, just tuning services.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

I would say I have close to $200k invested in the car, between motor, body, suspension, etc. On the street I am running 888s and I have an 18" MT drag set for the track. I really need 15s for serious traction. We have a custom wheel speed sensor and traction control setup being controlled by the Haltec ECU which I can turn on or off.

Ill do a few 1/2 mile events each year but for me the fun part was the build on the car and just seeing what we could do with it. One of the engine builders here wants to make a billet block (like a 508ci or something) and might even do that down the road, throw on an F2 blower lol
The following users liked this post:
StingerBG (12-13-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 10:34 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
I would say I have close to $200k invested in the car, between motor, body, suspension, etc. On the street I am running 888s and I have an 18" MT drag set for the track. I really need 15s for serious traction. We have a custom wheel speed sensor and traction control setup being controlled by the Haltec ECU which I can turn on or off.

Ill do a few 1/2 mile events each year but for me the fun part was the build on the car and just seeing what we could do with it. One of the engine builders here wants to make a billet block (like a 508ci or something) and might even do that down the road, throw on an F2 blower lol
Motohead, you do know there makes a all billet block out now. I saw it in Sept at BG KY at ls fest. The block and heads is a work of art. Price was over 8,k for the block. But again to after paying almost 5,k for the RHS 427 block and with the problems with those blocks with running boost on 25 lbs to 30 lbs with the block cracking. 3,k well worth the diff. Robert
Old 12-19-2016, 02:56 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by motohead279
i would say i have close to $200k invested in the car, between motor, body, suspension, etc. On the street i am running 888s and i have an 18" mt drag set for the track. I really need 15s for serious traction. We have a custom wheel speed sensor and traction control setup being controlled by the haltec ecu which i can turn on or off.

Ill do a few 1/2 mile events each year but for me the fun part was the build on the car and just seeing what we could do with it. One of the engine builders here wants to make a billet block (like a 508ci or something) and might even do that down the road, throw on an f2 blower lol
motohead279 do you have a instagram? Want to follow you, love what your doing, basiclty what i want but at a much faster pace then me, due to money, lol, keep it up brotha much respect..
Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

motohead279 do you have a instagram? Want to follow you, love what your doing, basiclty what i want but at a much faster pace then me, due to money, lol, keep it up brotha much respect..
Don't do much on Instagram, mostly Facebook. Ill PM you and friend request me if you want.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by robert miller
Motohead, you do know there makes a all billet block out now. I saw it in Sept at BG KY at ls fest. The block and heads is a work of art. Price was over 8,k for the block. But again to after paying almost 5,k for the RHS 427 block and with the problems with those blocks with running boost on 25 lbs to 30 lbs with the block cracking. 3,k well worth the diff. Robert
Yeah I think a new built motor was going to cost me around $30k, If I did that I would also step up to an F2 blower.

I'd end up selling my motor and blower.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:18 AM
marc0779
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default mantic triple

Yeah I think a new built motor was going to cost me around $30k, If I did that I would also step up to an F2 blower.

I'd end up selling my motor and blower.
are you still running the mantic triple and have you fixed the issues with it,i have a 15 zo6 with thier triple and was drag racing this weekend and the clutch it splipping at launch with slicks i have about 800 rwtq ,if your issues are fixed just wondering what the problems were,i met you at the 1/2 mile ocala last year and you were having clutch issues that day.my clutch is a new ceramic triple but i know there are not many out there.thanks for the info in advance.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:36 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by marc0779
are you still running the mantic triple and have you fixed the issues with it,i have a 15 zo6 with thier triple and was drag racing this weekend and the clutch it splipping at launch with slicks i have about 800 rwtq ,if your issues are fixed just wondering what the problems were,i met you at the 1/2 mile ocala last year and you were having clutch issues that day.my clutch is a new ceramic triple but i know there are not many out there.thanks for the info in advance.
I had the first one Mantic released and the flywheel didn't fir correctly and only 2 of the plates were engaging. We had the clutch in and out 4 times I believe with different flywheels and then we gave up and let someone else be the Guinea pig. From what I have heard they fixed the issue a while back and ECS has installed a bunch of triples, as they were having fitment issues with the flywheel. I have the revised kit in my garage but have not put it in yet.

Just curious how long ago did you put yours in?
Old 12-21-2016, 06:56 AM
marc0779
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default mantic triple

I had the first one Mantic released and the flywheel didn't fir correctly and only 2 of the plates were engaging. We had the clutch in and out 4 times I believe with different flywheels and then we gave up and let someone else be the Guinea pig. From what I have heard they fixed the issue a while back and ECS has installed a bunch of triples, as they were having fitment issues with the flywheel. I have the revised kit in my garage but have not put it in yet.

Just curious how long ago did you put yours in?
it is brand new from australia 3 weeks ago i was drag racing with it last weekend and it is slipping on launch if i let out of the gas a little it grabs and then is ok thru the rest of the gears,i cant get better than a 1.60 60 ft,i usually do 1.4 60's with my last clutch but i was having high rpm lockout problems.what are you running now and how is it.i have been thru 3 manufacturers and like you i have had my drivetrain out 12 to 14 times for clutch issues my car is a 15 and i have drag raced it from day 1 and have been the test bed for these clutches.i am leaving it in for now to use it at the ocala 1/2 mile and then it will come out and maybe onto some other manufactures clutch.i do all the work myself so it is just my time i waste and downtime from racing.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

How is this car running? Did we ever get final numbers on this car? Any dyno videos or charts to share? I am assuming this is still the highest HP C7 on the planet?

Quick Reply: FSP - 1291whp, And Counting...Addition of Haltech Standalone EMS + Port Injection