C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost & air filters. What's your setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:01 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Boost & air filters. What's your setup?

Hey everyone. I searched the C7 portion of the forums and couldn't really find a thread devoted to this subject: Forced Induction / air intakes / air filters. I found some comments on the topic but the comments have been sporadic at best. Some keep their factory air box in place, some do not. Some have aftermarket air intakes tied into their forced induction builds and some have basically an air filter mounted directly to their supercharger / turbo solution(s). What's your setup? Part numbers, name brands and pictures are encouraged to help give other C7 Corvette forced induction owners a wider idea of solutions out there in the market place. If you have some additional data such as before and after dyno or flow numbers, that could be helpful as well.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:12 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Hey everyone. I searched the C7 portion of the forums and couldn't really find a thread devoted to this subject: Forced Induction / air intakes / air filters. I found some comments on the topic but the comments have been sporadic at best. Some keep their factory air box in place, some do not. Some have aftermarket air intakes tied into their forced induction builds and some have basically an air filter mounted directly to their supercharger / turbo solution(s). What's your setup? Part numbers, name brands and pictures are encouraged to help give other C7 Corvette forced induction owners a wider idea of solutions out there in the market place. If you have some additional data such as before and after dyno or flow numbers, that could be helpful as well.
I use the stock airbox with a high flow filter that came from A&A, however I will be moving to a bellmouth setup with no filter for days at the strip.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:53 AM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

On the street I run the factory airbox with the A&A highflow filter at the track I use a Bellmouth. The bellmouth setup is worth 50HP on the Dyno. At the track I picked up almost 4mph in the 1/4 mile.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:27 AM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

You can build a custom intake, plumb it to the factory airbox, or just run a cone filter on the street. Like FYREANT said, I would definitely run a bellmouth or Turbo-Guard at for track.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:33 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

I would love to use a bellmouth setup but unfortunately it's not an option for me at the moment. So, I'll have to make due with a filter and intake tube on my S/C. As soon as our motor goes back in, I'll be sure to take a few pictures. I just picked up a K&N (Part # RU-2590) filter for our intake tube.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

K&N RU 2520 x2
Old 12-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If you use a bell mouth, where is the MAF?
Old 12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Jaycajun
If you use a bell mouth, where is the MAF?
The MAF is on the charge pipe after the blower and intercooler. A bellmouth simply replaces the intake pipe before the blower. Its like taking the air filter out basically.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks, I can't believe I missed that especially seeing as I must have installed and removed that pipe 20 times . It's early and still not awake

Get notified of new replies

To Boost & air filters. What's your setup?

Quick Reply: Boost & air filters. What's your setup?