C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member and also a newbie to the SC Game

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 PM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member and also a newbie to the SC Game

Good afternoon fellow members, my name is Yu and I am a new member on this forum.

Background about myself:
I'm 21, an international student from China at USC and living in Los Angeles. I bought a preowned 2014 Z51 around this time last year. I have had lots of fun driving it. I found out about this site 2-3 months ago and it has completely changed my perspective on this car. The main reason I bought this car initially was because of the exterior look and now I love this car because of the potential it could reach internally with the engine.

So I pulled the trigger to purchase the AA Supercharger from TPS Motorsports and the Valve-back Corsa exhaust from Marylandspeed. Everything has arrived and ready to go for install this week by Izzy Motorsports.

My goal #1: is is put down 550-580 RWHP at 8 lbs of boost, tuned with 91 pump gas. I was advised to go 6lbs of boost to get a low 500. From what i have read on this forum, i should be safe as long as i dont go over 8 lbs of boost.

#2: I would like to have a nice exhaust tone. Currently, I am running without the mufflers and the secondary cats. Love the sound, but lost some torque in the low end of rpm. I am thinking to get the main cat deleted as well. I cant find any sound videos online as to how it would sound with the corsa extreme on top of main cat & secondary cats deleted. Also, my smog is coming up in Jan. next year. Would I have problem passing the smog without the main and secondary cats?

suggestions, advice, recommendations as to how to set it up and future set up are greatly appreciated in advance.

If there is anything i have not touched on and it is worth mentioning, please do not hesitate to let me know.

many thanks again,

Jason Yu
Old 01-16-2017, 09:40 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

If you remove all the cats you will fail smog..
Old 01-20-2017, 11:52 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
If you remove all the cats you will fail smog..
In CA If I am not mistaken they look and if any of the 4 cats are removed he will get it big time.

Now if he pulls them are at least the rear one's and knock the guts out of them and put them back on that is what some guys in CA said they did to there car. But with time the blower is going to eat the guts out anyway. But these race cats are what ever from these vendors in here will last longer.

In my c5 with a ysi on it with the stock cats was gone in less than 1/1/2 years on the street and less than 5,k street miles on them.

Plus that stuff will come thur and get into the mufflers.

Get notified of new replies

To New member and also a newbie to the SC Game

Quick Reply: New member and also a newbie to the SC Game