C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOV - p1sc - procharger - broken??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Dakynz
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default BOV - Blow off valve - p1sc - issue or broken??

After a hard downshift, blow off valve, bov has what sounds to be an issue. Bov when activated sounds stuck open.

any ideas on what the first things to look for? I’ve reached up and the butterfly valve on bov can be hand turned super easy. When driving when bov activated the sound level has doubled. And the sound is loud air at bov. Car still pulls but when you let off the air intake at bov sound level is so loud sounds as if something is up.

going to put it on the jacks. Would be great if anyone knows what this is.

anybody have issues related to bov like this?

Last edited by Dakynz; 09-19-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:49 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakynz
After a hard downshift, blow off valve, bov has what sounds to be an issue. Bov when activated sounds stuck open.

any ideas on what the first things to look for? I’ve reached up and the butterfly valve on bov can be hand turned super easy. When driving when bov activated the sound level has doubled. And the sound is loud air at bov. Car still pulls but when you let off the air intake at bov sound level is so loud sounds as if something is up.

going to put it on the jacks. Would be great if anyone knows what this is.

anybody have issues related to bov like this?
My experience was wot started to hear bov opening . It was the diaphragm.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:52 PM
RGHIIZ06
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Questions not trying to bash.... BOV or the red race valve? Operation is complete opposite.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Dakynz
Advanced

Originally Posted by RGHIIZ06
Questions not trying to bash.... BOV or the red race valve? Operation is complete opposite.

believe these are the same thing. The big red race valve is an upgraded bov that is larger. On the p1sc you get a smaller black bypass valve
Old 09-20-2020, 07:11 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dakynz
believe these are the same thing. The big red race valve is an upgraded bov that is larger. On the p1sc you get a smaller black bypass valve
Old 09-20-2020, 08:57 PM
RGHIIZ06
Racer

What I was getting at is operation, the surge valve should open when your off throttle or on light throttle and should sound loud with large volume of air pushing out. It will be trying to release all the pressure built-up. This valve does not open under load aka reaching certain pressure like a BOV. I can't explain the difference in sound.

You could test it by starting it jacked up, you should have air coming out, have someone give it heavy throttle and it should close.... or use a manual vacuum pump to test open vs close rate...
Old 09-21-2020, 08:26 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RGHIIZ06
What I was getting at is operation, the surge valve should open when your off throttle or on light throttle and should sound loud with large volume of air pushing out. It will be trying to release all the pressure built-up. This valve does not open under load aka reaching certain pressure like a BOV. I can't explain the difference in sound.

You could test it by starting it jacked up, you should have air coming out, have someone give it heavy throttle and it should close.... or use a manual vacuum pump to test open vs close rate...
That also happened to me vacuum leak. That's what opens the valve to release air. Check the hose going to the bov . If it's not that bad bov there is nothing else to check.,
Old 09-21-2020, 02:20 PM
Dakynz
Advanced

Ok, found the culprit.

That large air whooshing sound from the blow off valve (bov). Found the reason. Where bov tubing turns to go vertical

Last edited by Dakynz; 09-21-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:14 PM
RGHIIZ06
Racer

Ha! That's a relief, glad it was something simple.

Get notified of new replies

To BOV - p1sc - procharger - broken??

Quick Reply: BOV - p1sc - procharger - broken??