C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New build-going to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:36 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by algZO6
quit talking sh*t, you know you're gonna be right behind him!!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:28 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Oh boy.... here we go again..
No 100% will not be going crazy man on this set up at all. Robert
Old 01-11-2017, 09:08 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Be sure to bring that thing to bowling green this year you old fart... I knew you wouldn't leave that thing alone for long. Not possible to go from a F1X/427 to gutless stock C7 and be happy!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TTBlueZ06
Be sure to bring that thing to bowling green this year you old fart... I knew you wouldn't leave that thing alone for long. Not possible to go from a F1X/427 to gutless stock C7 and be happy!
But this is it other than I don't think I can get ant more C.F. on it but may do a Z06 body panel's on it this next winter. I am doing all my work on this car other than the tuning on her.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

^Bwahahaha, 5 posts ago, "nope, 100%, done." An hour later, "Ok, next year I'll do widebody."

DO IT. In a year and a half when you're putting in forged parts for 900rwhp, we can all look back on this and laugh and laugh.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by joemosfet
^Bwahahaha, 5 posts ago, "nope, 100%, done." An hour later, "Ok, next year I'll do widebody."

DO IT. In a year and a half when you're putting in forged parts for 900rwhp, we can all look back on this and laugh and laugh.
Will not happen not doing all that to this car at all. Just want the car to be at what the stock fuel system will hold. But also hope will not break any of the stock parts.

When I sale it just pull off this stuff sale it as a kit & a 100% stock car again with all stock parts back on the car..

But I do want to be able to play with a hellcat also.. Let me just say 100% on this car on the motor as far as going over this 650 rwhp are what ever the METH kit and the 3.6 pulley and the TI set up make safe on the car with a good tune on her.

Last edited by robert miller; 01-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:01 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Fair enough

What happens, though, when your buddy squeezes 1khp out of his Hellcat? Will you be able to resist?

Old 01-11-2017, 01:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Fair enough

What happens, though, when your buddy squeezes 1khp out of his Hellcat? Will you be able to resist?

Yes 100% will not do no more to this car as far as motor goes not even a cam. The most will be good piston and rods IF & only IF the pistons goes out will I do that.

I wish I had all the money that I have put into the last few car's I know it would be close to 150,k plus just in playing not the cost of the car itself. I am done for sure on this 1000 plus rwhp stuff.
The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 04:08 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robert miller
Yes 100% will not do no more to this car as far as motor goes not even a cam. The most will be good piston and rods IF & only IF the pistons goes out will I do that.

I wish I had all the money that I have put into the last few car's I know it would be close to 150,k plus just in playing not the cost of the car itself. I am done for sure on this 1000 plus rwhp stuff.

AMEN Brother...

I'm with ya. I'm staying slow and reliable. Bolt ons/tune only for me, and even that is a couple years away.

I'm not starting that headache up again...
The following 2 users liked this post by ajrothm:
marcouvo (01-14-2017), robert miller (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 08:28 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

AMEN Brother...

I'm with ya. I'm staying slow and reliable. Bolt ons/tune only for me, and even that is a couple years away.

100% with in the past going the route of just paying almost 99% of every thing being done to the car & with 2 big motor builds. With one really being big $$$. I will be doing all of this work other than a tune on it. Beside's I couldn't tune a fart if I had to.

I have now and got me a full lift I have done a De Witt rad, LT headers mid pipe, cat back, ported T.B., ported intake, chged out and put on LG trans deep pan, chg oil rear end oil, & trans fuild to AMSOIL.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:48 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

100% with in the past going the route of just paying almost 99% of every thing being done to the car & with 2 big motor builds. With one really being big $$$. I will be doing all of this work other than a tune on it. Beside's I couldn't tune a fart if I had to.

I have now and got me a full lift I have done a De Witt rad, LT headers mid pipe, cat back, ported T.B., ported intake, chged out and put on LG trans deep pan, chg oil rear end oil, & trans fuild to AMSOIL.
Robert, we have exact same bolt ons right down to the LG Super Pro's. Car runs good and lays the power down nicely. Why do I keep on telling myself a Centri would top it off so nicely
The following users liked this post:
robert miller (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dovervold
Robert, we have exact same bolt ons right down to the LG Super Pro's. Car runs good and lays the power down nicely. Why do I keep on telling myself a Centri would top it off so nicely
Because it would do that for sure. I am putting the meth on the car now. My blower should be shipped this next week. Plus after having a c5 for over 10 years now with a 427 motor and a F1X on the car. Pushing almost 1200 to the rear this 460 crank hp car is like driving a VW stock 4 banger

But told myself and made myself wait until I had the car for a good almost 2 years, before putting a blower on the car. I will hold back on this car and just be happy with what ever it does on the TI head unit with the 3.6 pulley and the meth will support. Robert
Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

AMEN Brother...

We both went down that road for sure. I just want to have fun and enjoy this car. Plus should be able to do that with this set up on the car..

Like you say for sure make sure your car is going to hang good with the stock parts first before doing much of anything to it. Robert
Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

We both went down that road for sure. I just want to have fun and enjoy this car. Plus should be able to do that with this set up on the car..

Like you say for sure make sure your car is going to hang good with the stock parts first before doing much of anything to it. Robert
Yeah I miss having decent power (850 ish) but I don't miss the headaches, and I DAMN SURE don't miss spending the money on it.

After my one BIG bill on the first build with Bret, I started doing everything myself (besides building the engines), after popping two built T56s, and about 3 built rear ends, doing the auto swap myself, I started getting tired of the whole deal, then I started hurting motors and was spending a fortune fixing them....I just went south on the whole thing honestly....Vettes are just too labor intensive to try to make them fast and stay together. Once I got the car running well on the last combo, I decided to sell it and it shipped up north.

You know its ironic when you buy a new $80k car and you have more money left over every month then when you had the 14 year old C5Z...but that tells you something.

Eventually, if I get the bug to go fast again, I'm going to build a '66-67 Nova, junk yard/turbo/power glide setup on a budget. Cheaper and easier to work on and a long stronger drivetrain in a lighter car.

For now, I'm gonna cruise around like an old fart.

Last edited by ajrothm; 01-15-2017 at 01:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ajrothm:
robert miller (01-15-2017), schpenxel (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 11:37 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Yeah I miss having decent power (850 ish) but I don't miss the headaches, and I DAMN SURE don't miss spending the money on it.

After my one BIG bill on the first build with Bret, I started doing everything myself (besides building the engines), after popping two built T56s, and about 3 built rear ends, doing the auto swap myself, I started getting tired of the whole deal, then I started hurting motors and was spending a fortune fixing them....I just went south on the whole thing honestly....Vettes are just too labor intensive to try to make them fast and stay together. Once I got the car running well on the last combo, I decided to sell it and it shipped up north.

You know its ironic when you buy a new $80k car and you have more money left over every month then when you had the 14 year old C5Z...but that tells you something.

Eventually, if I get the bug to go fast again, I'm going to build a '66-67 Nova, junk yard/turbo/power glide setup on a budget. Cheaper and easier to work on and a long stronger drivetrain in a lighter car.

For now, I'm gonna cruise around like an old fart.
I didn't know you sold your car man. But do agree on the cost and can per say do nothing to get these to really hook like a car with a ford 9 inch under it with a 4 link set up.

I love my 57 chev 2 dr HT with the art Morrison frame under it. with the 540 ci N/A dart motor in it, the car really hooks, and drives like a dream.

I put my c5 back to all stock and it now is my daily driver. We will have to talk one of these days buddy. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 01-15-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:45 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Heh, Like i have anything else to spend my money on... no wife, no kids....

I have a cat though he's a cheap date.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:20 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Heh, Like i have anything else to spend my money on... no wife, no kids....

I have a cat though he's a cheap date.
Some would say you are a lucky man. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To New build-going to the dark side

Old 01-19-2017, 08:58 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Got up with A/A today told me should ship by this next Friday now.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:11 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Hell yeah!
Old 01-20-2017, 02:35 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Soooo shipping Today? Or a week from today?

Quick Reply: New build-going to the dark side