C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo C7 - Videos Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Twin Turbo C7 - Videos Inside!

So we do tons of supercharger installs on C7's but with the new 8 speed auto we really wanted to go turbo on one of our own cars. After we pestered CK at UPP long enough - we got one of their first kits !

Info on the car/mod list:

2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
8 Speed Auto
Custom Complete Street Performance VVT Camshaft
UPP Twin Turbo Kit - 5871 Turbos
Forged Pistons
LT4 Fuel Pump
Meth Injection
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
Speed Density Tuned with HPTuners

UPP's kit performs great and the turbos spool FAST.

With no further wait, a little montage.

A Little shift point tuning on the dyno. Very cool.

And finally a little blip on the street (in Mexico). You can hear the blow off valve go off before the speedo catches up to the actual speed!

You can see the manual boost controller in this picture however we have since switched to an electronic boost controller.
(We do not have the covers on in the picture however UPP does include their covers as well)

With the electronic boost controller a tap of a button either gives you tire roasting power or lets you dial things down so the car is a little more tame on the street.

Boost settings 1 and 2 do not use meth, so for those pesky times the meth tank goes empty you can still play and be safe. Boost settings 3-5 make a dramatic gain thanks to higher boost and meth injection. There is also a setting 6 that made 930 rwtq, but also found the limit to the stock rods. Basically the kit, even on the base turbos, is very very capable.

Starting in low boost and turning it up down the track (traction limited that night), we still managed to hit low 10's and trap 148mph

Currently, we are building a forged motor to turn it up a little more and go for the gold so stay tuned for more .

Give us a call, email, message or text for an install quote, or any of our install specials or your tuning needs!

Complete Street Performance
890 Fern Hill Rd
West Chester, PA 19380
(570)259-2547

info@completestreetperformance.com
brent eb02 (03-23-2017), CK@UPPCOS (02-14-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 09:11 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Bad azz ride guys.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:48 PM
VAVetteC7
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds mean as well.... :-)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

Nice job guys!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:49 AM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok so here is the million $$$$ question, so im about to do a procharger f1x kit, tell me a few reasons to do a turbo kit like this over a procharger f1-x ? Im going after 10000rwhp....go!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Did you bend some rods?
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by REDHULK
Ok so here is the million $$$$ question, so im about to do a procharger f1x kit, tell me a few reasons to do a turbo kit like this over a procharger f1-x ? Im going after 10000rwhp....go!
PROS:
  • Turbos, at the same boost level as a supercharger, make more power. This is because it takes direct engine power to spin the blower. As long as the setup is right, you should always make more power with turbos than a supercharger.
  • The turbocharger offers the ability to run at multiple boost levels. Meaning you don't always have to run at full tilt. As you see I have a friendly setting in the 5xx HP range, but then settings 200 hp over it and I can make that change with a flick of a switch in the car.
  • There is nothing like turbo spool up.
  • Ideal for an automatic because once you are in boost, you stay in it and at full boost. A centrifugal blower makes peak boost at redline and rule of thumb is half boost at 2/3 the way to redline.

CONS:
  • Less predictable in initial power delivery. If you are road coarse racing, turbos might not be the best setup.
  • More expensive usually than the supercharger counterpart. And more intrusive to install.

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Did you bend some rods?
Yep lol. After that 148 mph run I got sticker tires and thought I might have a chance of launching in higher boost and taking the C7 Record (was 8.98 @ 155 at that time). So I was testing actual high boost, not what I ran at the track, and had 3 clean runs on the dyno. At the end of the third one a rod snapped in half. This was at 930 rwtq... and the amazing part is that its still on the baby turbos.

So we're doing a fully forged engine this time. I don't think I'll be taking the new C7 record, but I do expect to hit a low 9 second pass, and possibly squeak into the 8s while still maintaining factory seats, and AC.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:30 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

I like the UPP twin turbo kits, I saw a couple of Corvettes with them in my area last summer, very nice kit.
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:41 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by complete street
pros:
  • turbos, at the same boost level as a supercharger, make more power. This is because it takes direct engine power to spin the blower. As long as the setup is right, you should always make more power with turbos than a supercharger.
  • the turbocharger offers the ability to run at multiple boost levels. Meaning you don't always have to run at full tilt. As you see i have a friendly setting in the 5xx hp range, but then settings 200 hp over it and i can make that change with a flick of a switch in the car.
  • there is nothing like turbo spool up.
  • ideal for an automatic because once you are in boost, you stay in it and at full boost. A centrifugal blower makes peak boost at redline and rule of thumb is half boost at 2/3 the way to redline.
cons:
  • less predictable in initial power delivery. If you are road coarse racing, turbos might not be the best setup.
  • more expensive usually than the supercharger counterpart. And more intrusive to install.

yep lol. After that 148 mph run i got sticker tires and thought i might have a chance of launching in higher boost and taking the c7 record (was 8.98 @ 155 at that time). So i was testing actual high boost, not what i ran at the track, and had 3 clean runs on the dyno. At the end of the third one a rod snapped in half. This was at 930 rwtq... And the amazing part is that its still on the baby turbos.

So we're doing a fully forged engine this time. I don't think i'll be taking the new c7 record, but i do expect to hit a low 9 second pass, and possibly squeak into the 8s while still maintaining factory seats, and ac.
thank you so much, great response to my question, now i would love to see a c7 z06 with this package and the bigger turbo package runing meth, cam etc and see the numbers!
Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Complete Street

Yep lol. After that 148 mph run I got sticker tires and thought I might have a chance of launching in higher boost and taking the C7 Record (was 8.98 @ 155 at that time). So I was testing actual high boost, not what I ran at the track, and had 3 clean runs on the dyno. At the end of the third one a rod snapped in half. This was at 930 rwtq... and the amazing part is that its still on the baby turbos.

So we're doing a fully forged engine this time. I don't think I'll be taking the new C7 record, but I do expect to hit a low 9 second pass, and possibly squeak into the 8s while still maintaining factory seats, and AC.
Awesome. It's flat out amazing that a stock engine took that kind of power at all, and that the pistons were STILL ok

Gotta keep AC, otherwise :racecar:
Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Awesome. It's flat out amazing that a stock engine took that kind of power at all, and that the pistons were STILL ok

Gotta keep AC, otherwise :racecar:

We put in forged pistons while the heads were off. They drop right in and are the same weights as the factory pistons so no need to balance. Had to modify the placement of the piston squirters though.

The stock pistons are iffy around the 700 rwhp/12+ lbs of boost mark.

The forged pistons are running strong even at the power level I was at. In fact on the cylinder that failed when we initially scoped it we could see the piston in its entirety still in the cylinder hah.

I'll be honest, I was pretty bummed I didn't get to make a pass on full kill and sticky tires. But then I thought, what if this happened at 150-160 mph and I oiled the rear tires. Could have taken me with it. I had over 150 loaded dyno pulls on the setup - I tested things thoroughly to say lol.

My impression is that I love the Twin Turbo setup and I'm glad I spent the extra to do it. My 2014 C7 (7Spd) was fun as well, had a YSi on it, but turbos are just much more fun.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:29 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Ah gotcha. Yeah that's pretty slick then if you can basically just drop in forged pistons and go. Weak link gone.

Yeah turbos really are fun.. I didn't realize how much fun they were until I tuned/drove an AGP TT fifth gen camaro a few months back. That thing was so much fun, tons of torque compared to centri setup
Old 02-14-2017, 05:15 PM
MRSUPRA
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

With 935rwtq coming on that early in the power band, I'm not surprised you broke a rod.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
With 935rwtq coming on that early in the power band, I'm not surprised you broke a rod.
Me either lol. But I was curious how far the "Forged Powdered Metal Rods" would take it as there wasn't much info on their durability. I would rather test limits on my car than my customers.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:48 AM
Adam Silver05
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Are they identical to the Z06 rods?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Adam Silver05
Are they identical to the Z06 rods?
No, the Z06 rods are much beefier. Even side by side you can see the major difference. If my motor was a z06 motor it would probably still be running.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:44 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

does this kit fit on a c7 z06 engine? I understand i would ditch the zo6 blower and manifold and put this manifold on instead. Are these oil or oil-less turbos?

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo C7 - Videos Inside!

Old 05-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by irun4cops
does this kit fit on a c7 z06 engine? I understand i would ditch the zo6 blower and manifold and put this manifold on instead. Are these oil or oil-less turbos?
It should be able to be made to work on a Z06, may require a different coupler or two to make it work with an aftermarket manifold. We have a few guys interested in going that route so if/when they do it, we'll certainly be posting results!

These are oil fed turbos.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:24 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Its a great build man. Can't wait to see what it does on a built motor. I've got a built 416, but not using it to its potential yet still on a 1500 blower.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops
Yes our kit will work on a C7 Z06 with some modification.
The supercharger will need to be removed and replaced with an after market intake manifold like Prochargers.

All of our turbos are oil fed.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo C7 - Videos Inside!