Z06 LT4 Supercharger installed on my 2015 Z51 Stingray!! - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 LT4 Supercharger installed on my 2015 Z51 Stingray!!

Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #61
managerman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSun View Post
How long can the stock shortblock handle 12psi with its 11.5:1 comp ratio? Does that seem like a lot?
Good Question! Maybe The guys from Weapon X can answer that question. I am somewhat concerned about blowing out the front and/or rear seals due to the increased crankcase pressure. I recently purchased a Mighty Mouse Z06 Mild Breather/Catch Can that I plan to install soon. I know that will help with the crankcase ventilation. (and the oil ingestion into the blower)

I do not track the car and I am not hitting WOT very much, but I have hammered it a bunch of times at WOT and have had no issues....I have not had any heat soak issues at all...My IAT temps (which is IAT2 on a normal Z06) have been great. At 80-90 degree ambient temps and normal driving they are 115-135...With more aggressive driving I have only had temps hit 150 once...I love the setup and the custom tune on the engine and the trans. The car is so much more alive! The power is nuts!

-M

Last edited by managerman; 06-14-2017 at 04:42 PM.
managerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #62
Eddie @ WEAPON-X
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSun View Post
How long can the stock shortblock handle 12psi with its 11.5:1 comp ratio? Does that seem like a lot?
Making around 600whp on the LT1 shortblock is not going to compromise the longevity of the engine life. The tune on Matt's (managerman's) car is very conservative as well. For example, we have seen C7/Camaro6 owners making 800whp on those for years now without missing a beat. That say a lot itself.

The weak point on the LT1's are the pistons. Keeping them cool with the proper fuel trims and timing is what makes them last. As long as the tune is safe, and the engine is not facing detonation, or anything that would cause overly excessive cylinder heat, (Which this applies to the stock LT1 as well.) I do not see it jeopardizing the piston/engine life at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Would like to know the same. An does it suffer the same heat soak issues as the Z06??
Yep, pretty much any PD type supercharger located in an intake valley is going to be subject to heat soak. It's just the nature of the beast. We do offer several products to combat that though.
All details on our Weapon-X Corvette performance packages here: https://goo.gl/w0d8uo
Eddie @ WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Z06 LT4 Supercharger installed on my 2015 Z51 Stingray!!
  •