C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate me on my meth kit. Alky Control-how to troubleshoot

Old 06-28-2017, 09:29 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Not complicated. It’s not building 50psi of line pressure. That’s what triggers the green light. I’d crank the ***** as high as they’ll go and see if it will come on then with the test button.

I’d lean towards needing to replace the pump but hard to say without more trouble shooting.

Clogged nozzle would make it to green super fast
Old 06-28-2017, 09:53 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

removed nozzle and with a quick test past the check valve under the hood a flood comes out so no clogs. I then connected the M10 nozzle and a nice even spray into a water bottle. So now I need to figure out whats up with control box and why is my light on the box not turning green?
Old 06-28-2017, 10:16 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Slow down there buckaroo. I appreciate the feedback. I was still on the same screen and didn't refresh I appreciate the feedback I just seen it.

I turned it up to 8 and it started spraying more. I can go from 1-8 and you can see a heavier mist throughout the increase yet no green light.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:54 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

I noticed lately on my car with alky control no green light also, just red all the way even at wot. I was thinking maybe my washer tank is empty and the windshield washer tank low indicator light was not working? I started filling my tank and it only took half a gallon (1 liter) to fill it up. I believe these are 1 gallon tanks? got in the car and took it out now its turning green and the car is much faster? any ideas on that?

Last edited by smajicek; 06-28-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I really hope that's not the case for me. I am depending a lot on that green light. All indicators show that I have flow however as Carson mentioned it might not have the pressure. He gave me a few ideas so I am going back to the drawing board. I really don't want to throw a bunch of money at this thing so I am trying to exhaust all resources. I am going to try a few more things tonight. Hell drive out to Norcal we will have a "f*** with meth day"

Originally Posted by smajicek
I noticed lately on my car with alky control no green light also, just red all the way even at wot. I was thinking maybe my washer tank is empty and the windshield washer tank low indicator light was not working? I started filling my tank and it only took half a gallon (1 liter) to fill it up. I believe these are 1 gallon tanks? got in the car and took it out now its turning green and the car is much faster? any ideas on that?
Old 06-29-2017, 02:26 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
I really hope that's not the case for me. I am depending a lot on that green light. All indicators show that I have flow however as Carson mentioned it might not have the pressure. He gave me a few ideas so I am going back to the drawing board. I really don't want to throw a bunch of money at this thing so I am trying to exhaust all resources. I am going to try a few more things tonight. Hell drive out to Norcal we will have a "f*** with meth day"
Wash your mouth out buddy talking like that.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

You should be able to buy a gauge and some adapters at Home Depot to come up with a way to measure pressure but I'm not sure if it'd be worth the cost... I've got a simple setup at home to do it and I think I got everything at Home Depot.

As a separate test I'd unhook the two wires that connect to the pressure switch on the bottom of the pump and measure resistance across them while running the pump just to see if that switch is doing anything. It should go from open to closed or closed to open when it hits 50psi

I'd also try running that pump wide open to see if that triggered the green light. You can do that by feeding 5V to the MAP signal input on the control box. Not sure of wire color off hand but should be on the schematic.

How old is your pump? I know the pressure got lower and lower on mine over the course of about a year. It was still putting out enough to make the light go green but I picked up like 40 or 50 psi from a new pump vs. a year old one (I think it was 120psi vs 160psi at higher boost)

Last option.. call Julio

Old 06-29-2017, 08:54 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Well chit guys. I had a new "compression gauge kit" for some reason like I would ever check compression lol. Anyways I removed the gauge found a fitting and hooked it up. After draining all my meth I had my boy press the button while the box was set to 6 and I got about 24 psi. I then had him turn it up and still the same pressure. I am shocked that within 4 months the pump blew and I went through less then 5 gallons of meth. If this is really the case I is seriously making me consider methanol. I bought the best kit available IMO and already. Going to pull pump and send it out tomorrow for confirmation and possible rebuild.
Attached Images   
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Buddy did your pump ever get wet like maybe out in a heavy rain & you didn't have the rubber boot coving the pump really good. If so the water will damage the motor in less than one month. Ask me how I know that.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Buddy I live in California where it is 80 right now and was 115 last week. Car sits in a shop and doesn't get wet. Hell I barely wash the thing and typically just dust it off. I fear the damn pump failed and if that is the case Robert it is pretty disappointing. I might consider E85
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by teddyca
Buddy I live in California where it is 80 right now and was 115 last week. Car sits in a shop and doesn't get wet. Hell I barely wash the thing and typically just dust it off. I fear the damn pump failed and if that is the case Robert it is pretty disappointing. I might consider E85
I agree if and when I get my car back & get it tuned. I am getting all the z06 body panels painted now. So after I recover from all of this part list & that.

It may take me a good month to save the $$ for lt4 pump & inj & parts to pull the meth & just do it like that but going to for sure. But I am not going to push the stock block over the 650 rwhp are what ever above fuel set up will do. Bad thing is just got a new 55 gal drum of meth.. Julio will rebuild the pump for like 105.00. I had one in the c5 to go just over 2 years then it was still working but got him to redo it. He put a note in with it back to me said it looked bad inside and looked like it was about to go. Robert
Old 06-30-2017, 08:20 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Did it have any fluid to pump or was it trying to pump air? Not sure if you'll get valid readings if it's just trying to pump air.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:42 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7&7
Agreed higgs, however wouldn't the car stumble like crazy at idle when testing the system? If the system was working properly that is.

This is what my car does when I test the system (once a week). If the car is just sitting at idle and I just blip the test button the car stumbles and the wideband goes pig rich. If he's not hearing or feeling the car react to the meth at idle then the pump/kit isn't working.
If your car is doing this 100% you have to much meth going into the car at low rpm. But I guess you are in need of that much meth at high RPM INTO BOOST.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Educate me on my meth kit. Alky Control-how to troubleshoot