C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my car back after 10 Months! Results/Build Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:41 PM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Finally got my car back after 10 Months! Results/Build Inside!

Hey guys, so as some of you know, my motor dropped a valve last June and committed suicide. I was at 587 whp and presented with the choice to put a stock motor back in with no warranty, or spend a bit more and repair mine and build it stronger. Clearly, I went for the forced upgrade route because why not. So we pulled the motor and shipped it from here in Canada down to Lingenfelter for the work.

Anyways, due to shipping and part shortages, the motor ended up not getting finished until the first week of January. 6 months later after the car broke. My shop here installed the motor and other upgrades, put it on the dyno and kaboom. Wrist Pin let go and destroyed a cylinder. This basically restarted a good portion of the process. Block had to get ripped out, shipped back, and I was supplied a new block by LPE thankfully. They completed the work again on the new block, replacing all the necessary parts and shipped it back to me yet again.

So, my car was finally finished last week, and tuned up just in time for the biggest motor show in Western Canada on the weekend. I won my way in and the car displayed great. I won a voting contest for one of the top 10 rides in the entire city area. Pic of it at the show:

Anyways... For what you all are really here for.

Brief mods list:
ARH 1 7/8" headers and X-pipe
ECS 1500 S/C
Twin Nozzle Meth
LPE 416 Stroker motor
Mahle custom low comp Forged Pistons
LPE GT35 Camshaft
LPE Ported Heads
Compstar Forged Rods
LT4 HPFP & Injectors
Mantic Twin Disk Clutch to hold the power.

Car dyno'd at 785whp and 695 lb-ft of torque. Was hoping for low 800's, but the car was running out of fuel on the low pressure side. Blower was only making 8lbs of boost. Still, definitely not disappointed by the power and its scary fast. I have the option to upgrade the low pressure fueling and swap head units to make a lot more power in the future if that's something I ever want to do, but for now I am very happy. First track day this year is a rental on May 26th and I can't wait to see what she can do.

Last edited by blue_bomber697; 04-26-2017 at 05:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
StingerBG (04-27-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 01:58 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

I would have expected it to be blue.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
Hey guys, so as some of you know, my motor dropped a valve last June and committed suicide. I was at 587 whp and presented with the choice to put a stock motor back in with no warranty, or spend a bit more and repair mine and build it stronger. Clearly, I went for the forced upgrade route because why not. So we pulled the motor and shipped it from here in Canada down to Lingenfelter for the work.

Anyways, due to shipping and part shortages, the motor ended up not getting finished until the first week of January. 6 months later after the car broke. My shop here installed the motor and other upgrades, put it on the dyno and kaboom. Wrist Pin let go and destroyed a cylinder. This basically restarted a good portion of the process. Block had to get ripped out, shipped back, and I was supplied a new block by LPE thankfully. They completed the work again on the new block, replacing all the necessary parts and shipped it back to me yet again.

So, my car was finally finished last week, and tuned up just in time for the biggest motor show in Western Canada on the weekend. I won my way in and the car displayed great. I won a voting contest for one of the top 10 rides in the entire city area. Pic of it at the show:

Anyways... For what you all are really here for.

Brief mods list:
ARH 1 7/8" headers and X-pipe
ECS 1500 S/C
Twin Nozzle Meth
LPE 416 Stroker motor
Mahle custom low comp Forged Pistons
LPE GT35 Camshaft
LPE Ported Heads
Compstar Forged Rods
LT4 HPFP & Injectors
Mantic Twin Disk Clutch to hold the power.

Car dyno'd at 785whp and 695 lb-ft of torque. Was hoping for low 800's, but the car was running out of fuel on the low pressure side. Blower was only making 8lbs of boost. Still, definitely not disappointed by the power and its scary fast. I have the option to upgrade the low pressure fueling and swap head units to make a lot more power in the future if that's something I ever want to do, but for now I am very happy. First track day this year is a rental on May 26th and I can't wait to see what she can do.

What wheels are those? Sizes? Tire size? Stock ride height, or dropped on stock bolts? Any rubbing? Great Looking ride BTW!!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Very nice looking car man but let just say you will better off not going any more on the power side. If you do be looking to having more parts upgraded in the car. You really don't need it unless going to make the car a full race car of what ever kind.. Just my 2 cents on it.. Have fun and be safe in her she is a nice ride man..Robert
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by StingerBG
What wheels are those? Sizes? Tire size? Stock ride height, or dropped on stock bolts? Any rubbing? Great Looking ride BTW!!
They are RTF Track Spec-5 wheels. Super lightweight. 19x9 and 19x11. While I do love the look of them, do not even consider buying them from RTF. Other companies make similar designs of course, but stay far, far away from RTF. They had their vendor status on this forum removed I believe now. Tires are MPSS 265/35/19 and Nitto NT05R 305/35/19.

The car is dropped all the way on stock bolts yes, no rubbing.

Thank you for the compliment.

Last edited by blue_bomber697; 04-27-2017 at 10:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
StingerBG (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:36 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by robert miller
Very nice looking car man but let just say you will better off not going any more on the power side. If you do be looking to having more parts upgraded in the car. You really don't need it unless going to make the car a full race car of what ever kind.. Just my 2 cents on it.. Have fun and be safe in her she is a nice ride man..Robert
I don't have an intentions of modifying it for more power. It has plenty now haha.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Very cool thread! Surprises me you are on the edge on the low pressure side with LT4 pump, injectors, and assuming cam lobe? You should be able to be in the high 800s with this combo with more boost. My car made a little over 900 with the same blower at 14psi and flex fuel. 850 on pump gas.

You don't need to upgrade the head unit to make a ton more power on this combo. Just remove the restrictor plate and buy the 3.75 pulley from ECS. This will be ~14 psi on the novi1500.

I say you have ALOT more room in this build.

Last edited by C7&7; 04-28-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller

Enjoy that thing and be careful.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C7&7
Very cool thread! Surprises me you are on the edge on the low pressure side with LT4 pump, injectors, and assuming cam lobe? You should be able to be in the high 800s with this combo with more boost. My car made a little over 900 with the same blower at 14psi and flex fuel. 850 on pump gas.

You don't need to upgrade the head unit to make a ton more power on this combo. Just remove the restrictor plate and buy the 3.75 pulley from ECS. This will be ~14 psi on the novi1500.

I say you have ALOT more room in this build.
This is with the restrictor plate removed (as far as I was told). And I was along the same thinking as you, I haven't heard of people running out of fuel on this set-up. I thought it was odd, but I'm not one to argue with my tuner who was showing me the fuel rails dropping pressure. It does have the LT4 HPFP, LT4 Injectors and the Cam lobe and I was expecting to make low 800's.

I'd consider pullying down, but if I am running out of fuel, that wouldn't make a difference would it? And I don't really want to pay another $900 for a re-tune on top of that. And like RobertMiller said, I really don't need more power haha, I just would've liked to see the number above 800 cause it sounds awesome.

Last edited by blue_bomber697; 04-28-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:45 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
This is with the restrictor plate removed (as far as I was told). And I was along the same thinking as you, I haven't heard of people running out of fuel on this set-up. I thought it was odd, but I'm not one to argue with my tuner who was showing me the fuel rails dropping pressure. It does have the LT4 HPFP, LT4 Injectors and the Cam lobe and I was expecting to make low 800's.

I'd consider pullying down, but if I am running out of fuel, that wouldn't make a difference would it? And I don't really want to pay another $900 for a re-tune on top of that. And like RobertMiller said, I really don't need more power haha, I just would've liked to see the number above 800 cause it sounds awesome.
$900 for a tune!????? Holy cow
Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Yea no ****. Yikes.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:42 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Canadian Prices. Seems to be about average in my province for a custom dyno tune. I think it turned out to be $831 actually. Our wallets get destroyed for pretty much any car related stuff here. My Chevy dealer is $200/h for work just to put things in perspective.

Last edited by blue_bomber697; 05-01-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally got my car back after 10 Months! Results/Build Inside!

Quick Reply: Finally got my car back after 10 Months! Results/Build Inside!