C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS 1500 vs P1SC ProCharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 PM
knoxville
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS 1500 vs P1SC ProCharger

Hey all, I've been doing my research on superchargers and have narrowed down my search to an ECS 1500 or P1SC ProCharger.

I've decided to move forward with a Centrifugal style blower since I own a positive displacement style blower on my other car and looking for something different. Additionally, I like how the Centrifugal style seems to manage heat better as well.

From everything that I've read the ECS 1500 kit seems to make better low end torque due to spinning a larger head unit harder and limiting flow with a restrictor plate.

My primary concern with the ECS kit all comes down to the install. The ProCharger install process and components included feels superior to the ECS install. The ECS install calls for cutting of stock components and bending of stock lines which makes me feel queasy (I know this may feel petty to many).

Looking into the ProCharger install, everything seems to be included and no cutting of stock components would be required. The ProCharger kit seems to be completely reversible if one were ever to remove it and sell the car.

The question to all would be: Is the ECS 1500 low end torque so much better than the P1SC ProCharger that it's still worth investigating even with it's inferior install process?

I'm really looking for any feedback or opinions from those folks who have traveled down one path or another. Anything that you want to share to help with this decision would be much appreciated.

Goals for this car is to be quick but still retain stock like features and manners. I own a separate project car which is loud and nasty. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yes.

So an extra hour install, or extra performance every day past that? Plus all the modified parts are cheap/easy. The cost different alone you could buy brand new stuff to replace if it ever came off.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

ECS kit hands down. Do a quick search and you can find plenty of ECS success stories.
DOUG @ ECS (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

DOUG @ ECS (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 03:03 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Obviously I'm biased, but I truly believe there is no comparison between the two kits. Getting those few parts is cheap, plenty of people go with aftermarket air intakes so the take off's are plentiful. We supply all the other pieces so you can just keep yours in case you do wish to go back to stock.

Thanks for your interest either way and good luck with your build. Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any questions.

Thanks guys!!
Old 05-05-2017, 03:41 PM
knoxville
Intermediate

Is anyone able to comment which system is quieter at Idle? Really going for stock like features and trying to cut down on too much engine bay ruckus.

I'd also love to hear more about the install as well. Particularly about relocating the ABS block. Bending these lines does not feel elegant at all. Is this actually bending them permanently or more pivoting them to create room?

The Radiator hose extension doesn't look all that elegant either, just my observations.

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Obviously I'm biased, but I truly believe there is no comparison between the two kits. Getting those few parts is cheap, plenty of people go with aftermarket air intakes so the take off's are plentiful. We supply all the other pieces so you can just keep yours in case you do wish to go back to stock.

Thanks for your interest either way and good luck with your build. Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any questions.

Thanks guys!!
Thanks Doug, do you happen to have any Dyno overlay graphs which illustrate how much low end torq the ECS provides over other Centrifugal blowers?

As I understand your design, you like to spin a larger head unit harder and limit using a restrictor plate. What type of drawbacks are there with this type of architecture? Lot's of you're competitors don't leverage this approach so what gives?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:56 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Relocating the ABS is not very hard IMO, it just moves it over slightly. You do not have to bleed brakes or anything to that extent, just form them to the side a bit.

Here is a thread where someone did a comparison chart recently.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-sc-kits.html

The P1 with helical gears is pretty close to the Paxton 1500, we also offer different blow off valves to fit your needs. Some like that loud, some not at all.

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 05-05-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:19 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

One thing I didn't see mentioned above is the reason ECS uses the restrictor plate. The larger head unit they offer is capable of more hp than the other two in stock form, thus the need to restrict the air intake to limit the boost (when not also installing further support mods). But the main advantage to this is that its easier to add more hp when you're ready. Simply change out the restrictor plate or remove it whenever you have the other mods to support more boost (i.e. meth/fuel, etc.). Granted just going with a smaller pulley isn't too hard...but to match the potential of ECS's 1500 head unit you would have to upgrade to a larger head unit with the other kits. Plus ECS's customer support is unmatched (except maybe by that of A&A).
DOUG @ ECS (05-08-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 05:14 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't forget the customer support offered by Doug at ECS. Top notch!
DOUG @ ECS (05-08-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 01:38 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Main reason I went Procharger is that the intercooler is massive and I do like taking the car to track days in texas and they have done direct testing on the track. As you saw on my graph thread, there is a difference in torque in the lower rpms. Will you ever line up next to someone with the opposite kit to compare? Likely not. If you see yourself wanting more power soon, go ecs.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 05-06-2017 at 01:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrunoTheMellow:
Billy@MTI (05-08-2017), DOUG @ ECS (05-08-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 07:52 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

My ECS kit is very quiet as far as the head unit itself. 95 percent of people would have no idea it had a SC on it unless I'm pulling out of the garage or other confined space.

17,000 miles and counting on my kit with no issues.
The following 3 users liked this post by NoOne:
DOUG @ ECS (05-08-2017), mfear (05-06-2017), Zmoy2 (02-03-2018)
Old 05-07-2017, 02:05 AM
RichardT
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the d1sc on my 2014 M7. With huge upright intercooler. With 4.50 in upper pulley and NO other mods made 625 RWHP corrected to sea level. About 530 RWHP at 5000 ft elevation

going to put meth and a 4.25 in upper pulley next week. Hoping for 610 RWHP at 5000 ft elevation

amazing, 610 RWHP at 5000 ft elevation comes out to about 825 hp at the flywheel at sea level

Last edited by RichardT; 05-07-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 PM
RpeterK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One thing to remember is that you do not need to remove the nose of the car to install the ECS kit.

As far as the IC goes enough air was pushed through the std ecs ic to allow a car on this forum to produce 1402rwhp at 27-28psi. Yes there was alky also being used but the ic still needed to flow the air.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:14 AM
knoxville
Intermediate

Thanks all for the feedback and advice thus far. Was looking on the order page of ECS and had a few more follow up questions.

"Oil feed and drain lines" - Can someone discuss the benefits of adding Oil feed and drain lines?

My C7 is also an A8 transmission, I noticed that this requires a "New Trans Cooler" however I didn't seem to see this called out within the install guide. Can someone help me understand where this component is installed?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:10 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by knoxville
Thanks all for the feedback and advice thus far. Was looking on the order page of ECS and had a few more follow up questions.

"Oil feed and drain lines" - Can someone discuss the benefits of adding Oil feed and drain lines?

My C7 is also an A8 transmission, I noticed that this requires a "New Trans Cooler" however I didn't seem to see this called out within the install guide. Can someone help me understand where this component is installed?

The 1500 base supercharger does not require the oil drain and feed lines, that is for the larger race blowers.

For the trans cooler there are two options, we offer a new cooler to replace the one that now sits where the intercooler will be. To my knowledge we are the only company that offers the replacement cooler. Others just have you by pass it, which is an option with ours as well, but we prefer to have the cooler there.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:09 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Another vote for ECS. Not only is their kit top notch but their service is great as well. I have their 1500 on my car and it's my 5th vette they have modded. I will continue to use them. Matter of fact my car will be there next month for new rims/tires/lower stock bolts and pulling the restrictor plate and tune. Chris and Doug are great at their trade/passion.

Last edited by thegame; 05-08-2017 at 03:10 PM.
DOUG @ ECS (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RpeterK
One thing to remember is that you do not need to remove the nose of the car to install the ECS kit.

As far as the IC goes enough air was pushed through the std ecs ic to allow a car on this forum to produce 1402rwhp at 27-28psi. Yes there was alky also being used but the ic still needed to flow the air.
There is no doubt the procharger core is substantially larger. Nothing against Ecs or A&A which have similar sized intercoolers but procharger did do a good job with the intercooler. I assume the larger intercooler is why you have to remove the bumper cover to install.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS 1500 vs P1SC ProCharger

Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Larger doesn't mean better. ECS core has proven to make 1200+rwhp time and time again, with great IAT control.

I've seen cores 1/2 the size outperform huge FMICs. There is a lot more to intercooler design than size.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Larger doesn't mean better. ECS core has proven to make 1200+rwhp time and time again, with great IAT control.

I've seen cores 1/2 the size outperform huge FMICs. There is a lot more to intercooler design than size.
I was at 715 rwhp without meth. I switched from a smaller intercooler to the larger procharger intercooler. My iats dropped 100° on highway pulls. So yes the larger intercooler made a huge difference. With meth which all of us run you don't notice the difference like I did without meth.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

My statement still stands up. I've seen 100+ gains swapping from a procharger core to an AGP core. Smaller intercooler, more power, better IATs. In your case, going from same brand core to large same brand core will cool better, but comparing a larger procharger to a smaller ECS may not have the same results because of the quality/build of the core.

Quick Reply: ECS 1500 vs P1SC ProCharger