C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:02 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Is this one running purely off the port injectors or is ot using the DI as well?
It uses both the DI and PI. PI only comes on for boost and is staged in depending on the need to control AFR's. Currently using boost by gear for boost control...but traction doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Needs some seat time, but for the first time out, we were able to make the most of it before the hurricane hits.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:59 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
It uses both the DI and PI. PI only comes on for boost and is staged in depending on the need to control AFR's. Currently using boost by gear for boost control...but traction doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Needs some seat time, but for the first time out, we were able to make the most of it before the hurricane hits.

Great race against the white f1x z, your part working together way better than his, he is making around 1100whp I remember, great build
Old 09-11-2017, 06:23 AM
ya3coub
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Loooks amazing
You were one of the first members to interact with me when car car was bone stock had your advice with the catch can. & now I'm in the 719WHP & going beyond.

Nice ride and nice write up.

Hope not much damage due to the hurricane.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:13 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Thanks. No damage from the hurricane fortunately. Glad to hear your car is making some steam. What's all done to make 719? What shop are you working with?

Here is the video from the other night. So far I've driven the car twice, both times was to go racing...hopefully I'll drive it for pleasure one of these days and start data-logging some of this stuff. I'm not used to dragging a laptop around with me when I go racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZv...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by black_c7
Great race against the white f1x z, your part working together way better than his, he is making around 1100whp I remember, great build
He was just running pump/meth that night...so not making 1100-1150, that was on his C16 tune. Likely in the 900-1000 range would be my guess. When I was invited out, it was 1000hp on pump, but after talking to the owner it was closer to 900. It's all good.

We're going to hopefully run again with him on race gas sometime here soon. Going to pulley down a bit before the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile in Dallas, hopefully we can find a few more ponies before then.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:56 AM
ya3coub
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks. No damage from the hurricane fortunately. Glad to hear your car is making some steam. What's all done to make 719? What shop are you working with?

Here is the video from the other night. So far I've driven the car twice, both times was to go racing...hopefully I'll drive it for pleasure one of these days and start data-logging some of this stuff. I'm not used to dragging a laptop around with me when I go racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZv...ature=youtu.be
whats done: P1c Procharger, 6.2 Rotating assembly with modified stock crank, Heads, cams, MSD intake manifold, Double Nozel ALKY meth injection, ARH 134 Headers & catless X-pipe as far as I remember.

It was all done at a garage here in Doha called Custom workshop
they do have an Instagram account mostly specialized in corvettes.

I have issues with the temperature it's very high & currently I'm waiting for the procharger horizontal intercoller & haven't decided on what to do to reduce the high oil and heat temperature.

Dewits radiator & D3 fans.

I was thinking about the over priced LG Motorsport track super cool package, But it's only for Z06.
Now I'm trying to trouble shoot and know the reason why I can't use my car properly it's having very high temprature compared to all vette owners I know here in doha
Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

After doing some more logging, I am seeing pretty high IAT's which seems typical for the A2A setups without meth. But after one pull on the highway, I was seeing IAT1 temps approaching 200 degrees and IAT2 temps around 155-160 at max. Now the car is an E85 car, but since that is all happening post the IAT sensors, I am not sure what the air temps are once it meets the fuel in the runners or cylinders compared to the temps in the manifold. A meth car will obviously see lower air temps with the meth spraying downstream and cooling the charge before the sensors. So the question becomes, do we pull timing for temps? Let it eat since the car is on E85. Or add some form of cooling downstream (additional fuel injector, meth nozzle, nitrous, etc...) to cool the charge?

I think the plan will be to go A2W this winter/spring before the heat of next summer comes back....but I'm trying to correct the situation for the meantime so I'm not pulling power away from the car up top. Currently we start pulling timing over 140 degree IAT2 readings. Just curious what others have done or recommend so we have some options to discuss with the tuner(s), shop, etc... Car is down right now for all the powdercoating finally, so we should be back up and running next week.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:08 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Logging my friend's C7 Z06 with an F1R and A2A doing 1 mile WOT pulls, IAT2 temps will go up in to the 180's at times. He is running 3 meth nozzles and C16. His stock bottom end has lasted a couple of years of beating on it and high temps until it blew a couple of months ago. I think that could have been prevented by not hot lapping at an event. With the A2A, it is going to stay in that range. A2W is definitely the way to go. Depending on how aggressive you are with your timing already, let the big dog eat.

Last edited by h3mpking; 09-29-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:04 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by h3mpking
Logging my friend's C7 Z06 with an F1R and A2A doing 1 mile WOT pulls, IAT2 temps will go up in to the 180's at times. He is running 3 meth nozzles and C16. His stock bottom end has lasted a couple of years of beating on it and high temps until it blew a couple of months ago. I think that could have been prevented by not hot lapping at an event. With the A2A, it is going to stay in that range. A2W is definitely the way to go. Depending on how aggressive you are with your timing already, let the big dog eat.
I agree... f1x triple nozzle meth in c16 I run 19-20 after 1.60 cylinder load and on an 80 ambient temp see roughly 17x iat

needs an A2W....

funny thing is a $100 ebay A2w is better then Procharger’s pimp daddy A2A
Old 10-03-2017, 10:22 PM
David4359
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
I agree... f1x triple nozzle meth in c16 I run 19-20 after 1.60 cylinder load and on an 80 ambient temp see roughly 17x iat

needs an A2W....

funny thing is a $100 ebay A2w is better then Procharger’s pimp daddy A2A
How much faster do u think ur car is because of the a8 compared to the m7. I just went from a m7 procharger f1a-94 to a a8 with same set up. It looked like the m7 was right next to u until he shifted
Old 10-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

keep this in mind. even with 200 deg iat which is high, you are getting good cooling properties from the e85 so as long as the egts look good and the engine tolerates a decent amount of timing, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to cool IAT, I'm going with direct port meth in addition to the main 127 lb injectors to provide chemical intercooling which is much less restrictive

with the motec, you can just ramp up the amount of meth and I think you'll be fine.

alot of the drag racers are getting rid of intercoolers and going "cool fuel" instead

makes sense to me!! no psi drop, and the motec is your watch dog to make sure all is well

I did "take the plunge" and go with 8 channel EGT as I've learned from the nitrous and blower guys that watching each cyl is the most important thing

a bad DI or PI could ruin your day and the main o2 is just "compensating" and not letting you see the problem. On a high hp build that will ruin parts quickly, even with the forgiving nature of e85

one other consideration. the piston design is different for DI, so watch out for puddling and hot spots from the additional injectors

I think this setup is totally BAD A and I love the blower packaging and performance potential

might also consider race gas in the tank for the PI instead of e85

I'm favoring e85 as "poor mans" race gas but many of the turbo folks like the high octane swil and you really don't use that much of it (in boost only)
Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Certainly and I agree with the 8-channel EGT. Haven't done it yet, but would love to see that information as I want to see cylinder to cylinder variations as opposed to collective WBO2 adjustments.

Cool Fuel is the same mindset we have been discussing with the E85 or meth...considered a twin meth system with one nozzle in the intake before the blower and one after, but I need to run this by people smarter than myself. I'll do some more homework on this all before next spring so once the heat hits again, the car will be ready. Don't think I'd ever remove the cooler completely, just most likely switch to A2W since the Procharger A2A seems to be pretty consistently inefficient in the C7 car to car.

Last edited by lane_change; 10-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by David4359
How much faster do u think ur car is because of the a8 compared to the m7. I just went from a m7 procharger f1a-94 to a a8 with same set up. It looked like the m7 was right next to u until he shifted
A8 is definitely faster imo, the biggest issue with the A8 is the torque management setup which you don't have to deal with in the M7. The car has changed trans setups since that run, so it's a little more violent now on the hit and we raised the rpm per gear to extract more from the powerband. The issue now is how to cool the charge so we can avoid pulling timing up top. I think you'll enjoy the A8 once you have it dialed in.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:59 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

A8 is definitely faster imo, the biggest issue with the A8 is the torque management setup which you don't have to deal with in the M7. The car has changed trans setups since that run, so it's a little more violent now on the hit and we raised the rpm per gear to extract more from the powerband. The issue now is how to cool the charge so we can avoid pulling timing up top. I think you'll enjoy the A8 once you have it dialed in.
Why not switch to PCs are to water cores? They are bolt in from what I have heard. Has to be the simplest way. or you could look into one of G1pro's intercooled intake manifolds...
Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 PM
David4359
Racer

It's at the second shop now because the first shop couldn't get the tune right and the second shop told me they figured it out and I went to the track and blew the tranny on my first pass. I had to buy a new tranny and hoppping to pick it up Friday. The a8 with a procharger is very difficult to tune.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:23 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by David4359
It's at the second shop now because the first shop couldn't get the tune right and the second shop told me they figured it out and I went to the track and blew the tranny on my first pass. I had to buy a new tranny and hoppping to pick it up Friday. The a8 with a procharger is very difficult to tune.
Ouch. I'm not sure where you are located, but that sucks. I've heard some horror stories from a few different shops. I used Pat G to do all our trans tuning, been very happy so far...going to make some more tweaks to it, but the A8 definitely seems like a picky bitch to make right. Lots of these cars sound like their slipping their nuts off up top, but from what I am gathering more and more shops are sharing information between their tuners to help the platform progress further and faster. If your shop has no recipe of success and is flying solo, I'd struggle to allow them to tune the trans.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:17 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I'd put an Alky control dual nozzle kit on it, post blower, and fog the **** out of it. That will knock IAT2 down....if anything from the liquid meth contacting the sensor itself will...(dummying down the temps)...

On my F1R car, I NEVER saw over 126* IAT, in Summer temps with dual M15s.....Granted that was only running up to 163 mph (3 spd auto)... And that was over spinning the blower by several thousand RPMS at 7250 engine rpms...

I even went to a larger ram air style, Bell core A&A intercooler and I saw no reduction in IATs at all over the smaller procharger IC.

So slap some meth on it, retune, report back....and kick ***..

You gotta represent for us C7Z guys on the skreets...

Last edited by ajrothm; 10-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Old 10-06-2017, 11:47 PM
David4359
Racer

Just picked it up today and it made 827whp threw an auto. The put new tranny and I did a pull all the way to 170mph at it was shifting perfect. I am running a duel meth nozzle on it. So far so good. Car feels fasttttt can Waite to do some highway pulls against the fast cars over here in NY to see where I'm at
Old 10-07-2017, 02:45 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I'd put an Alky control dual nozzle kit on it, post blower, and fog the **** out of it. That will knock IAT2 down....if anything from the liquid meth contacting the sensor itself will...(dummying down the temps)...

On my F1R car, I NEVER saw over 126* IAT, in Summer temps with dual M15s.....Granted that was only running up to 163 mph (3 spd auto)... And that was over spinning the blower by several thousand RPMS at 7250 engine rpms...

I even went to a larger ram air style, Bell core A&A intercooler and I saw no reduction in IATs at all over the smaller procharger IC.

So slap some meth on it, retune, report back....and kick ***..

You gotta represent for us C7Z guys on the skreets...
I think that is unfortunately going to be the plan for now....got to get it cooled off somehow. Will go A2W and remove the meth in the future, but before the 1/2 mile I think this will be the only way to keep her cool without using nitrous.....hmmmm....now that I say that out loud?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:51 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

I think that is unfortunately going to be the plan for now....got to get it cooled off somehow. Will go A2W and remove the meth in the future, but before the 1/2 mile I think this will be the only way to keep her cool without using nitrous.....hmmmm....now that I say that out loud?
A 100 dry shot would do wonders for you IATs and you wouldn't be tricking any sensors by bathing them in meth!

Quick Reply: Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build