C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:28 PM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
1030whp is pretty solid, good luck on the overspin. Luckily the Boost Freeze setup should help offset the high IAT's caused from overspinning the blowers. If you guys are going to be around for TX2K, I'd like to talk with you about your chiller application just to get some insight, advice, words of encouragement (lol), or some prices for components.
For sure. I'll PM you with my contact info.

Originally Posted by chuntington101

have you looked at opening the bypass valve once the turbo comes on line? That should bypass the blower and help remove some restriction.
We actually did open the bypass, but we were still limited by the bypass valves small diameter. The 1.7L just has to make it through Texas, we ordered a 2.9L for it yesterday. LOL
Old 03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

A turbo car where the turbo provides top end power, will always run a quarter mile or half mile event, and especially a mile event... faster than the same car with a blower in the middle of the situation The blower creates restriction and heat. The supercharger gives that instant torque to eliminate turbo lag, but think about the time you actually utilize it... When a car is running in a straight line near WOT, the turbo is spooled moments after the initial take off, and remains that way. The blower is only a restriction from that point forward. These cars have enough power to launch from a line and break the tires loose without a blower, so the turbo lag is not a problem, so the blower is unnecessary imo. Road racing is a different animal, the SC becomes useful.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by T/A KID
I actually like a solid rear mount setup...

how you doing oil?? I would personally run a dedicated oil tank setup
I too am curious about this, Awesome project and thread BTW!
Old 04-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

What ever happened here? Do you have any dyno graphs? I am thinking about doing a similar build. I hope you and your car are well.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:59 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

She is about ready to be strapped down. Chiller is working, but it's causing condensation inside the intercooler and we're seeing water droplets hitting the MAF which is no bueno. It's 100 degrees in Houston, but our water temps are sitting around 50 with no ice....problem is that causes condensation. Intercooler is coated and foam wrapped, but it's still getting too cold and sweating. Trying to find a solution, but we may end up having to lose the chiller and add in a HX and call it good, but looking at options now.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:50 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Lane change, do you have any pics of the new charge cooler setup? Can't seem to find any on this thread...
Old 06-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

She is about ready to be strapped down. Chiller is working, but it's causing condensation inside the intercooler and we're seeing water droplets hitting the MAF which is no bueno. It's 100 degrees in Houston, but our water temps are sitting around 50 with no ice....problem is that causes condensation. Intercooler is coated and foam wrapped, but it's still getting too cold and sweating. Trying to find a solution, but we may end up having to lose the chiller and add in a HX and call it good, but looking at options now.

Cool looking setup. Anxious to see how it turns out.

RE: chiller/a2w. One alternative that you might want to consider is going with a traditional a2w intake. I am running a BMR intake combined with the Aussie interchiller setup on my 427tt v and getting 20 below ambient IAT's. Due to a valve issue, I had to replace it and opted for a dual pass setup to hopefully get even more efficient cooling and improved IAT’s. Bottom line is I don't have issues with condensation on the track or street (with cabin cutoff valve) and this type of A2W setup. My ice tank is wrapped and trunk mounted.I'll add some pics to illustrate. It will be tough to part with that work of art LME intake, but it will solve your stated problem. I decided to stay with a2a on my Single Turbo 17 Z to simplify the build but I have to admit seeing below ambient IAT’s is pretty cool and good for hp.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Earl H; 06-02-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:51 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

This build is sick.. my car is getting fore system now.. should get it in 2 weeks.. I went with motec m130 to run port injection.. and I think next year I will do a m182 to replace factory ECU.. i went with an f1a94 for now..lol..
Old 06-04-2018, 11:24 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by acz06
This build is sick.. my car is getting fore system now.. should get it in 2 weeks.. I went with motec m130 to run port injection.. and I think next year I will do a m182 to replace factory ECU.. i went with an f1a94 for now..lol..
I keep debating the switch to the M130 just so I can log more channels....but for the A8, there is no factory ECU replacement options at this time. If you're an M7 though...different story. M84 works just fine for what I need for now, but 16 chan is kind of low, and I don't feel like buying the Motec Dash/Logger. So the debate lingers on. lol
Old 06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Lane change, do you have any pics of the new charge cooler setup? Can't seem to find any on this thread...

Just an early version before it was thermal coated and wrapped in foam insulation. Using a Garrett core and dual pass, going to push on a single core based on discussions with T1 regarding pressure drop across these cores on their past setups with 1400hp.

Chiller is mounted where the factory air intake goes, inside the passenger side fender area. We used the factory air box cover to keep it a bit more clean looking.

Earl - I'm not sure I could fit an A2W intake under the stock hood....but that's definitely an idea I will need to look more into if all else fails. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:05 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Finally started on the tune Saturday....but hoping to finish tomorrow. Turbo mapping is a bit more involved than the Procharger setup we took off, but power wise, we're looking pretty solid. Thus far, just messing around with the fuel curve on 7psi of boost and we are at 733/589 on Pat G's Mustang Dyno which is known to read a little on the stingy side, but it's an honest dyno. Likely 40-50hp off from a typical unloaded Dynojet.

For comparison my F1X on the same car made 843/789 at 16 psi, 952/849 at 19 psi, and 1047/858 at 23 psi through the A8 which is around 27.5 - 28 hp per psi (this was done in Texas August heat vs. yesterdays July heat), but now we're making almost 33.5 - 34 hp per psi so the new A2W and LME Intake have definitely freed up some engine power. So I'm optimistic as we get it lined out and start working on the different boost settings that we can make some decent power on not too much boost. Hopefully we can get it up to ~14 psi tomorrow and see how it does, but if the math holds true, we should be up around 950-1000whp which is about 5 psi less boost than the F1X took to make the same power. But who only wants to run 14 psi? Not I.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:46 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Here is the dyno graph comparing the 88/84 (Red) vs. F1X (Black) on my car both at 19psi. We ran out of wastegate spring right now, so we will change that out so we can make a few more psi. Then we will get the boost curve dialed in some to see if we can get it to come on a bit sooner, but it's definitely make more steam up top and shouldn't fall off boost or power between shifts like the F1X would being rpm dependent on power. It will be another week or so to get with our Motec tuner again as he is out of country at the moment, but pretty happy where it's at right now, just need to get it dialed in some more and enjoy the car for a change.

Changes from old to new (same motor, heads, cam, trans, etc..) new power adder of course, new intake manifold (LME vs. Procharger) and new I/C setup (M2K A2W vs. Procharger A2A). Both dyno sessions took place in Texas summer heat, July (88mm) vs. Aug. (F1X)...same dyno, same tuners. Killer Chiller is not being used at the moment, so just ambient water (no ice, no meth). All E85 out the pump.

Last edited by lane_change; 07-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Here is the dyno graph comparing the 88/84 (Red) vs. F1X (Black) on my car both at 19psi. We ran out of wastegate spring right now, so we will change that out so we can make a few more psi. Then we will get the boost curve dialed in some to see if we can get it to come on a bit sooner, but it's definitely make more steam up top and shouldn't fall off boost or power between shifts like the F1X would being rpm dependent on power. It will be another week or so to get with our Motec tuner again as he is out of country at the moment, but pretty happy where it's at right now, just need to get it dialed in some more and enjoy the car for a change.

Changes from old to new (same motor, heads, cam, trans, etc..) new power adder of course, new intake manifold (LME vs. Procharger) and new I/C setup (M2K A2W vs. Procharger A2A). Both dyno sessions took place in Texas summer heat, July (88mm) vs. Aug. (F1X)...same dyno, same tuners. Killer Chiller is not being used at the moment, so just ambient water (no ice, no meth). All E85 out the pump.

Very interesting torque curve for a turbo setup..

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build