C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 f1x

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:07 PM
bn020
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Z06 f1x

Hey guys, I bought this car telling myself I was not going to touch it and leave it stock. Well turns out I really do not like getting beat in races. So time to drop a little money on the go fast parts. I just put in an order for my Procharger F1X package with all the goodies : All black, helical gear, race bypass, intercooler, 10 rib (no cog), SPI black intake manifold. I am currently in the process of removing the engine to put the new custom cam, crank, rods and pistons, ported and valved heads, and couple more goodies on. My main concern is fueling this beast. I did order the manifold to fit the SPI kit from Weapon X, but getting to talk to those guys over there is nearly impossible by phone or email. I am wondering if I need to stack the SPI kit on top of the factory injectors and pump or if I need to replace the factory pump with big bore pump and bigger injectors. I am wanting to be around 1000-1200whp on 93/meth and e85 tune and around 1400-1500whp on ignite 114. I am spending a lot of money on the car so I really want to get it done right the first time so I do not have to go back in and mess with small things later. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will be posting pictures and updates of where the build is currently at throughout the build.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Good luck on your build is the car a a8 r stick car. Then I would also look at the spider gears in the rear end at that RWHP also. Look at what Ben has for sale in fuel level for the rwhp big diff in 1,k to1200 & then 1400 to 1500. Ben will get you the parts & piece's you will need.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:28 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 638 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by bn020
Hey guys, I bought this car telling myself I was not going to touch it and leave it stock. Well turns out I really do not like getting beat in races. So time to drop a little money on the go fast parts. I just put in an order for my Procharger F1X package with all the goodies : All black, helical gear, race bypass, intercooler, 10 rib (no cog), SPI black intake manifold. I am currently in the process of removing the engine to put the new custom cam, crank, rods and pistons, ported and valved heads, and couple more goodies on. My main concern is fueling this beast. I did order the manifold to fit the SPI kit from Weapon X, but getting to talk to those guys over there is nearly impossible by phone or email. I am wondering if I need to stack the SPI kit on top of the factory injectors and pump or if I need to replace the factory pump with big bore pump and bigger injectors. I am wanting to be around 1000-1200whp on 93/meth and e85 tune and around 1400-1500whp on ignite 114. I am spending a lot of money on the car so I really want to get it done right the first time so I do not have to go back in and mess with small things later. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will be posting pictures and updates of where the build is currently at throughout the build.
Fore Innovations Triple Pump Fuel System, SPI on top of factory Injectors.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:11 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

OP here I have gotten a ton of go good parts from LG in here you for sure will not go wrong with LG motorsports stuff on your car.. Robert
Old 08-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

not much info in this to say if you're doing it right or not. who's building it will determine quickly if they have the know how to truly make a 14-1500 rwhp c7, it's not easy and takes someone who really knows all the little tricks. Just by you saying you have the procharger intercooler tells me you are not on the right path honestly.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
not much info in this to say if you're doing it right or not. who's building it will determine quickly if they have the know how to truly make a 14-1500 rwhp c7, it's not easy and takes someone who really knows all the little tricks. Just by you saying you have the procharger intercooler tells me you are not on the right path honestly.
Think he'd be okay with the ProCharger stuff at his initial goal of 1,000-1,100?
Old 08-30-2018, 05:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
Think he'd be okay with the ProCharger stuff at his initial goal of 1,000-1,100?

it'll make the dyno number, but actually racing no. The intercooler to actually be somewhat efficient at 1100 needs some work, i'm not hating at all it's well known i'm a huge procharger fan. But at that power level to actually perform like the dyno shows it'll need work on the cooler or good air to water setup. And something better than their offering.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
it'll make the dyno number, but actually racing no. The intercooler to actually be somewhat efficient at 1100 needs some work, i'm not hating at all it's well known i'm a huge procharger fan. But at that power level to actually perform like the dyno shows it'll need work on the cooler or good air to water setup. And something better than their offering.
Yup 1,300+ whp will pop the PC A2W, wasn't sure about their A2A.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yup 1,300+ whp will pop the PC A2W, wasn't sure about their A2A.
took a flir camera too it once on the dyno and it's wild the temp difference on the intercooler. redo the end tank's and it'll make a big difference.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:36 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

I keep telling people, do your research on the fuel systems. I will gladly answer any and all questions about my systems or port injection in general. Find out what ECU is included in your kit. What kind of features, installation type or power level does it support? What kind of software does it use? Is that something that a lot of people are going to familiar with, or something that will be tough to find someone to help you with tuning or support later on?
My systems have already made power in the 1500 rwhp range, and the stock direct injection components can remain.
If you are having a hard time getting up with a company, or you can't find out exactly what ECU or components will be used, that should be a red flag. What happens if you have an installation question, or a tuning question and you can't get that company on the phone and it has been difficult even before handing over your money?
Joe is right, if you have really big power goals, it is best to consult with a company that can keep you on the right path, and regular off the shelf parts won't always cut it at that power level.

(919) 454-3178
chris@crawford-racing.com
Old 08-31-2018, 03:48 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Not to mention the driveline parts.

I went way overboard on my head unit with a V7-YSi so all i would have to do is change pulleys as i go along. My bottom end can handle all of it but my fuel system and driveline can't yet.

@ Chris,I'm keeping it under 800 crank hp (yes i'm old school) but what will the stock driveline take in most cases and if you know, how is A&A's intercooler?
Old 08-31-2018, 04:23 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostnotes
Not to mention the driveline parts.

I went way overboard on my head unit with a V7-YSi so all i would have to do is change pulleys as i go along. My bottom end can handle all of it but my fuel system and driveline can't yet.

@ Chris,I'm keeping it under 800 crank hp (yes i'm old school) but what will the stock driveline take in most cases and if you know, how is A&A's intercooler?
My CR-Fueler kit was prototyped using a 2015 C7 A8 car, equipped with an A&A kit with the YSi head unit (originally had the V3 head unit) and standard air to air intercooler. It makes a touch over 900 rwhp SAE on full strength E85 around 15 psi of boost. The intercooler is small, but this combo flat out works. It is 100% daily driven street vehicle, stock transmission, converter and axles. 18" drag radials when going to the track.Crawford Racing LPFP upgrade. Replacement rods and pistons on the stock crank, a mild camshaft, MSD intake modified for port injection. Car has been low 9's in the 1/4 mile, and 182 mph in the half mile and has seen nearly 200 mph when stretched out. All on straight E85 from the pump. Car has not skipped a beat with zero issues since the YSi and fuel system were added.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:50 PM
bn020
Intermediate

I guess I could be a little more detailed when I wrote the original post. Intercooler wise I went with the ProCharger Air to Water, I understand that it won't be a long time deal do to power levels I want. I talked with Brian at AMP and they have an Air to Water kit I will end up getting down the road, they just haven't released it to the public yet. I talked to the guys over at Weapon X and my tuner for quite awhile yesterday and the filled me in on all the info I need on fuel. I will be stacking the Weapon X SPI kit on top of the stock injectors and pump. I will have the engine out this weekend and will be taking it over to the engine builder. We are planning on boring the motor out to 416. Callies crank, carillo rods, custom grind cam, ARP studs and bolts, but not sure what pistons we are running yet. The heads will be bored and valved, everyone knows boring forced induction heads really doesn't gain much but since they will be off the car I am going to do it anyways. Drivetrain will be upgraded as well converter, diff, and axles will all be beefed up and read for the power.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
My CR-Fueler kit was prototyped using a 2015 C7 A8 car, equipped with an A&A kit with the YSi head unit (originally had the V3 head unit) and standard air to air intercooler. It makes a touch over 900 rwhp SAE on full strength E85 around 15 psi of boost. The intercooler is small, but this combo flat out works. It is 100% daily driven street vehicle, stock transmission, converter and axles. 18" drag radials when going to the track.Crawford Racing LPFP upgrade. Replacement rods and pistons on the stock crank, a mild camshaft, MSD intake modified for port injection. Car has been low 9's in the 1/4 mile, and 182 mph in the half mile and has seen nearly 200 mph when stretched out. All on straight E85 from the pump. Car has not skipped a beat with zero issues since the YSi and fuel system were added.
Thanks for the info.
This will not be a drag car but a top speed runner/track car. I plan to make a run or 2 just to see though. On my V7 im going big pullyes to slow it down for now since im still on a stock fuel system.In a year or so after the rest gets done i will start reducing my pullies and shifting way higher.. My cam is quite hefty to say the least but on a 114, has a 30% fuel lobe and lashcap(should help a little for now??). I plan on getting Z06 injectors in the near future. Glad to hear my driveline should be able to handle my initial output. My bottom end can handle 1500hp.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I went with Crawford Racing's CRFueler Holley 2.0 with some extras :-), but no doubt yes you will need a low side. I didn't want to drop the tank so I went with a WeaponX low side but with an upgraded 750lph magnafuel pump (supports over 1500hp). The CRFueler system is so nice it is able to control my fuel pump by boost so my low side doesn't come on until it needs. We scrapped the hobbs switch that came with the WeaponX low side. Nice thing is the car when driving around the street operates on stock pump and injectors, etc. which ensures great driveability and fuel mileage. Keep in mind also Port Injection is more efficient with fuel over DI you can squeeze more out of the stock fuel system and others, as Chris has got over 800 wheel on a turbo C7. But no doubt you will need E85 for those numbers which means without question a good low side as you need 30% more fuel for same power.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fore triple in tank, Motec Port Injection, ID1350x injectors, 32% fuel cam, Precision 88/84 turbo, Custom A2W, and make ~1200whp @25psi on pump E85 with tons of fuel capacity left over. Stock bottom end, stock heads, stock trans, stock TC, etc.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by lane_change
fore triple in tank, motec port injection, id1350x injectors, 32% fuel cam, precision 88/84 turbo, custom a2w, and make ~1200whp @25psi on pump e85 with tons of fuel capacity left over. Stock bottom end, stock heads, stock trans, stock tc, etc.
m2k?

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 f1x

Old 09-06-2018, 08:52 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

m2k?
Yes. M2K Motorsports Motec, turbo kit, and custom intercooler setup. Louis is familiar with the build.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:45 AM
bn020
Intermediate

Update on the status of the Z06. Motor is out and off to the engine builder, not letting all the secrets go but a brief summary is 416 with all forged rotating assembly, custom cam, and ported and valved heads. In addition to the motor being built, a lot of the go fast parts are coming in. F1X 10 rib procharger, AMP Air to Water Charge Pipping with 3 blow off valves (pending order), CPR heat exchanger, AMP catch can, Motion Race Works valley cover, Hooks 2" headers 3" X pipe ceramic coated in coolblack, Alky dual nozzle meth kit, Weapon X SPI kit, FTI custom converter, and billet flex plate.
Everything in the engine bay that has the cast finish is going to be powder coated black and going to have some Lamborghini Green accents. Still debating on getting billet valve covers and relocating the coil packs somewhere else.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:47 AM
bn020
Intermediate

Quick Reply: Z06 f1x