C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000 HP build (860rwhp) by Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Mellow_Yellow_C7Z
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1000 HP build (860rwhp) by Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL

I originally posted in the Z06 Section, but figured it would be fitting here as well....
So, I posted originally when I bought my car in October. But just a quick recap. I was deployed overseas with the Army since April of 2016 and I got back home in April of 2017.

While Iwas deployed, I owned a 2013 ZL1 and sold it,

which meant I was in the market for a new car. I began searching the old inter webs and what do I see? Nothing other than a 2016 Z06/Z07 that I immediately fell in love with.

The car was at a dealer just outside of Chicago which was named Bill Stasek Chevy. They were very easy to deal with and even though I was overseas, they made the car buying experience a dream. I bought the car new with 6 miles on the clock. Bill Stasek Chevy was gracious enough to have the car stored at their facility for me until it was time to come home.

Once I got word that I would be heading home soon from overseas, I had it loaded up on a truck and shipped directly to Redline Motorsports in Pompano beach.

Once the car arrived, it was noticed that it had a few chips in the paint. It was brought to the attention of the dealer, with help of Redline, and the paint chips were taken care of at Eurowerks, also in Pompano Beach, FL. They fixed the chips and the car once again looked showroom new.

Now for the good part 😎 Howard Tanner (the owner of Redline Motorsports) and I had been going back and forth for a few months talking about what we wanted to do to my ZL1 (we were thinking of going TT and a few other options). But then it hit me, why stay in the ZL1 (which I absolutely loved) but it had outdated technology in the vehicle, when I could get into a new Z06/Z07 and modify the hell out of it.

Once I confirmed that I bought the new Z06, Howard and I got down to the real business. After speaking for a while back and forth (via email mind you, since I was in a hot *** third world country in the A$$h0!3 of North Eastern Africa) we decided to go with a procharger build. Redline Motorsports elegantly names this build their Phase 5 C7Z Performance Package. This package was tweaked for me a little, but as you see in the picture below, it includes an F1A Procharger, dual Alky Meth system, custom Redline Grind Camshaft with 32% fuel Lobe, 15% overdrive pulley, ARH headers, 3" X Pipe, Haltech CAI and all the appropriate parts to ensure proper fitment.
The car was in the shop for a bit and then I got my first glimpse of it (outside of pictures I had seen online) at a car show in Broward County Florida

Man was I blown away at the elegance of the build; it looks as though it came straight from the factory (the way I believe Chevy should have made the C7 Z06). The. When I turned on the vehicle for the first time, it sounded like a true beast and when I stepped on the throttle for the first time, I felt like I was empowered. The exhaust came to life and the entire car show looked my way and began to gawk at the car and head over like I was the ringmaster of a three ring circus.

With all all that said and done, I was forced to wait about a week or so before I could pick up the car to put some break in miles on her. That was one of the longest waits of my life.

I then hen got the vehicle and was able to drive it very mildly for a weekend and what a rush. Completely different from my ZL1. This thing just hugs the road and makes you feel totally in control.

I had had to give her back though so that Howard and his dream team at Redline could button her all up and reconfirmed the tune. Fast forward a couple more weeks and then bam I was off like the Nuclear bombs that we unleashed on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

When end I tell you that Redline created one hell of a beast, it is an understatement. The procharger is very linear when you step on the gas, but then once about 3200 RPM comes around, it throws you in the back of your seat, your adrenaline spikes up, and you better hold on. This car pulls and pulls and pulls some more. It is ridiculous.

I cant thank Redline enough for the amazing machine they produced. Please check out this YouTube link to my build video:

The car made 860RWHP and 809RWTQ @ 17 PSI. It's an absolute monster!

After a couple days of spirited driving, I had the car detailed. I took it to Simon Selwood, the owner of Cutting Edge Auto Detailing in Miami, FL. I didn't realize how bad brand new paint could be with all the grime and imperfections but he worked his magic and applied a ceramic coating to the car to keep her nice and protected for years to come.

The shine on this car is magnificent. Thank you Simon!

All in all I can't thank Bill Stasek Chevy, Redline Motorsports, and Cutting Edge Auto Detailing enough for providing me with multiple amazing experiences with regards to my ride. Feel free to check out my car on IG: Mellow_yellow_C7Z

***UPDATE***

So after having the car now for a few months and only putting on just over 300 miles (I don't get to drive it that often), the car runs amazing.

I run out of road before I run out of power. This procharger has exponential power that seems to be never ending. It will pull forever if you let it.

I need to get drag radials put on it (more than likely going with Mickey Thompsons) since at WOT I can't hook until about 4th gear.

On a side note, we had one little hiccup last week. I was driving the vette in miramar and I lost all power to the motor. It seemed as if it went into limp mode at very little throttle. I was doing about 40 mph and easily shifted from 2nd to 3rd. I I puled over, gave the car a rest and attempted to start her back up. The motor would turn over and then immediately die. I tried this about 4-5 times and realized it was time to take her to get evaluated .I had a tow truck come, pick up the car and called Howard. He graciously told me to bring it in to Redline Motorsports to have her looked at.

As soon as the tow truck dropped her off in the parking lot...Nick, the builder who solely worked on my vette looked at her, and with the slight caressing of his hand the motor started right up. (I am thinking my car just wanted to visit the hands that built her at this point lol since it is a classic mechanics story of nothing wrong with the car *** soon as it gets to the shop).

Nick and I take the car for a 30 minute test drive and it never turns off nor loses power again. We get back to the shop, Howard take a look at her, we hook it up to check the diagnostics, an a coupe basic codes were thrown (one having to do with the abs system and a couple others which I cannot remember at this point). The codes were cleared and the car was running just fine.

Howard and Nick offer to keep the car for a few days to see if they can "break her" or cause it to malfunction again, but I was more than happy with the service they provided and I decided to take her home.

I drove her back from Pompano beach to Miami in our horrid rush hour traffic for two hours and I had no issues again. What a weird glitch; but what amazing service Redline Motorsports provided to me.

Aside from that issue (which, like I said, I believe my car just wanted to visit the hands that built her), I have had no problems with the car. It is an absolute monster that sounds like it needs an exorcist. Howard, Nick, and the rest of the Redline Motorsports Team, I sincerel
Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Awesome build. You'll enjoy it even more with some good drag radials. I would go down to 18s or 19s in the rear to properly hook up that power.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Mellow_Yellow_C7Z
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Awesome build. You'll enjoy it even more with some good drag radials. I would go down to 18s or 19s in the rear to properly hook up that power.

thank yoi. And yeah we're looking at going 18s (I have a z07 package so the wheels needs to be able to fit over the carbon ceramics) and using the Mickey Thompson ET street SS
Old 06-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice. I've got the MT ET Street SS in both 325/30/19 and 345/35/18 for my supercharged C6Z. The 18s hook better and appear to be more stable.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Mellow_Yellow_C7Z
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Nice. I've got the MT ET Street SS in both 325/30/19 and 345/35/18 for my supercharged C6Z. The 18s hook better and appear to be more stable.
sweet yeah I heard the 19s and 20s are almost useless thanks for the heads up

Get notified of new replies

To 1000 HP build (860rwhp) by Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL

Quick Reply: 1000 HP build (860rwhp) by Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL