C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Supercharger to put on a 2017 Grand Sport??

Old 06-11-2017, 02:58 PM
wveruner
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Which Supercharger to put on a 2017 Grand Sport??

Just bought a 2017 Grand sport didnt want to spend 15k more for a z06 didnt need 650hp. But now i am thinking I want a little more power. Chuck Cow will be doing engine/software tune after I hit 500 miles on my a8. What is a reasonable priced supercharger maybecan get good discount with a forum dealer. Something where kit is reasonable priced comeswith everythingaqndnot tons of money. I work for Bmw in service so I am sure I can have one of my techsinstall it. Thanks in advance for model and pro charger info. I am in orange county Ca do they also make smog legal supercharger? Or will I have to visit a smog person if you guys knowwhat I mean ?
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (06-13-2017)

Popular Reply

06-15-2017, 04:13 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14
Default What we're doing.....

Originally Posted by robert miller
Chuck, why would any one want a top mount blower on these cars. You have almost 100% of the power from the unit at a very low RPM this is doing nothing but burning the rubber off the tires.

More than a few guys in here have pulled the z06 blower off the car & put on a front mount blower of one kind are the other. Making more power plus the power band comes in & keeps pulling the car into the higher RPM band.

I just don't like to paddle the crap out of the car in the low rpm range like what the top mount blower do. Just my 2 cents I know that and what ever will get you a cup of coffee. Robert

I have hated centris for ever. Nothing but headaches with belt wrap, changing belts, excessive (and at times permanent)

mods to the car, nose heavy, too much power up top and not enough on bottom, restrictor plates, blower bearing failure,

overpowering the trans, blow-off-valves and other blower noises, and so on.......

That's why... Really simple, GM has about a million engineers making what they feel is the BEST AND MOST RELIABLE

SUPERCHARGERS for their WORLD CLASS ZR1, ZO6, ZL1, CTSV, etc.....

These cars are all NO JOKE and come with big warranties and 100,000 mile service intervals ONLY BECAUSE they use the

TOTALLY RELIABLE EATON ROTORS, BEARINGS, DESIGN, etc....

QUIET, RELIABLE, well designed belt configuration that does not throw or eat belts.....

I could go on for hours..... WHY AGAIN, would you NOT use a roots blower??????

Also, most people get sucked into horsepower promises and buy with their eyes and not their heads.

Hands down, the EATON family of superchargers is simply the most proven and reliable supercharger design out there.

Big power down low (where you need it) and not excessive power up top that tears stuff up.

Not looking to cause a fist fight here, but simply put.... Most of the time the consumer does not know what they are buying

and they get "RACE CAR" type advice from shops instead of "good sense" advice.

We have ZERO issues with ROOTS BLOWERS here and any supercharger repairs that ever come in the door are

ALWAYS centri type blowers. It's a design that self destructs.....

Send a centri back to the manufacturer for "repair" and it takes WEEKS.... WHY, because they are always swamped

with repairs..... ROOTS blower manufacturers have a minimum of repairs.

Edelbrock explains that the "service interval" for their supercharger is 100,000 (YES, 100 THOUSAND) miles between

oil services or overhaul.

None of the centri manufacturers offer anything like it.

I made my decision many many years ago.
Chuck CoW
Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
kc stingray
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

smog legal you have three options:
a&a
edelbrock
magnuson
Old 06-11-2017, 03:19 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,866 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

So you don't need 650 hp and just want a little more power? bare minimum $4500 in parts for a centrifugal, roots will be more. they'll all offer 100+hp. since you live in a communist state (smog), i would recommend just getting a z06 and not dealing with carb compliance. you'll also have a warrantied more robust car all around (clutch, prop shaft, cooling, engine) and better resale dollar for dollar compared to a supercharged gs.

Last edited by 64drvr; 06-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:13 PM
vetteandv
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 109 Posts

A&A is your best option.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:02 PM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by wveruner
Just bought a 2017 Grand sport didnt want to spend 15k more for a z06 didnt need 650hp. But now i am thinking I want a little more power. Chuck Cow will be doing engine/software tune after I hit 500 miles on my a8. What is a reasonable priced supercharger maybecan get good discount with a forum dealer. Something where kit is reasonable priced comeswith everythingaqndnot tons of money. I work for Bmw in service so I am sure I can have one of my techsinstall it. Thanks in advance for model and pro charger info. I am in orange county Ca do they also make smog legal supercharger? Or will I have to visit a smog person if you guys knowwhat I mean ?

You have Cunningham MotorSports (CMS) in Murrieta, practically in your back yard.
Call them, and ask about an A&A SuperCharger install & tune. CARB legal, and you can make lots of power!
Old 06-11-2017, 09:21 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 246 Posts

I'd do a LT4 takeoff set up .. CMS can undoubtedly handle that with emissions.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:52 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by kc stingray
smog legal you have three options:
a&a
edelbrock
magnuson
A/A for the win also less money than the other two on a cost wise. Plus a easy bolt on the unit per say you can have the bracket & head unit on the car in less than ONE hour..

Plus ANDY & the guys more than willing to help any time.. Yes I have one on my c7 & got in a few calls to them & got help each every time.. Robert
Old 06-11-2017, 11:48 PM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the A&A system, and the quality + attention to detail is second to none. I have called them on Sunday and they pick up the phone! These folks really care about their customers.

Jim
Old 06-12-2017, 04:59 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Dropping my car off Saturday at A&A, they offer a carb legal kit as most have said. There's actually a used kit for sale right now in the for sale section for $3400 shipped.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:00 AM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

I did this...

-M

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-stingray.html
Old 06-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I work in OC and am thinking of having A&A do an install rather than doing it myself this time. They are very close to you - drop off and pick it up installed and tune 4 days later. CMS is down the street from me - they are an option too.

As mentioned above - A&A, Edelbrock and Magnuson are your smog-friendly options and are all quality products with great vendors behind them. Not worth the emissions hassles to go with anything else.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

CMS did my A&A kit and I would highly recommend them for your install.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:09 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

My first choice would be the Z06 but the A&A kit on the GS is also a good idea. Hands down a better blower than a z06 supercharger.

Guessing meth and long tubes are illegal in CA so you will probably end around 550rwhp on 91 octane.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:49 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LSX228R
My first choice would be the Z06 but the A&A kit on the GS is also a good idea. Hands down a better blower than a z06 supercharger.

Guessing meth and long tubes are illegal in CA so you will probably end around 550rwhp on 91 octane.
If going to run meth do the A/A TI set up same price with a 3.6 pulley and get about 650 rwhp.. Robert
Old 06-13-2017, 07:48 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default I do not like Centris..... Especially for these cars....

I do not like Centris..... Especially for these cars....

I much prefer the EDELBROCK E-Force.... Done plenty of them for the C6 and C7 cars....

Yes, more money but well worth it im my book and you don't have to rip the whole care apart to do it.

Classy Mod for a classy Car.....

Stay Tuned!
Chuck CoW
Old 06-13-2017, 09:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
I do not like Centris..... Especially for these cars....

I much prefer the EDELBROCK E-Force.... Done plenty of them for the C6 and C7 cars....

Yes, more money but well worth it im my book and you don't have to rip the whole care apart to do it.

Classy Mod for a classy Car.....

Stay Tuned!
Chuck CoW

Chuck, why would any one want a top mount blower on these cars. You have almost 100% of the power from the unit at a very low RPM this is doing nothing but burning the rubber off the tires.

More than a few guys in here have pulled the z06 blower off the car & put on a front mount blower of one kind are the other. Making more power plus the power band comes in & keeps pulling the car into the higher RPM band.

I just don't like to paddle the crap out of the car in the low rpm range like what the top mount blower do. Just my 2 cents I know that and what ever will get you a cup of coffee. Robert
cobratraxxas (05-03-2021)
Old 06-14-2017, 06:51 AM
EnviedC6
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just curious, but why hasn't anyone mentioned ECS? They offer the Paxton SC's, which are a billet cased Vortech... Their kits are pretty nice, especially in blacked out trims. I much prefer the Tial BOV's as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Supercharger to put on a 2017 Grand Sport??

Old 06-14-2017, 07:07 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by EnviedC6
Just curious, but why hasn't anyone mentioned ECS? They offer the Paxton SC's, which are a billet cased Vortech... Their kits are pretty nice, especially in blacked out trims. I much prefer the Tial BOV's as well.
Most are suggesting A&A because he's in CA and the Si kit is CARB legal. Years ago I wouldn't care myself, but now that I'm getting older I prefer to stay at least close to CARB compliant. You can't go wrong with almost any kit, just depends on what you prefer. I've had both, and I myself like the centris blowers.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Most are suggesting A&A because he's in CA and the Si kit is CARB legal. Years ago I wouldn't care myself, but now that I'm getting older I prefer to stay at least close to CARB compliant. You can't go wrong with almost any kit, just depends on what you prefer. I've had both, and I myself like the centris blowers.
That is the only reason ECS very nice piece also. But the A/A is B legal.
DOUG @ ECS (11-01-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 04:13 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default What we're doing.....

Originally Posted by robert miller

I have hated centris for ever. Nothing but headaches with belt wrap, changing belts, excessive (and at times permanent)

mods to the car, nose heavy, too much power up top and not enough on bottom, restrictor plates, blower bearing failure,

overpowering the trans, blow-off-valves and other blower noises, and so on.......

That's why... Really simple, GM has about a million engineers making what they feel is the BEST AND MOST RELIABLE

SUPERCHARGERS for their WORLD CLASS ZR1, ZO6, ZL1, CTSV, etc.....

These cars are all NO JOKE and come with big warranties and 100,000 mile service intervals ONLY BECAUSE they use the

TOTALLY RELIABLE EATON ROTORS, BEARINGS, DESIGN, etc....

QUIET, RELIABLE, well designed belt configuration that does not throw or eat belts.....

I could go on for hours..... WHY AGAIN, would you NOT use a roots blower??????

Also, most people get sucked into horsepower promises and buy with their eyes and not their heads.

Hands down, the EATON family of superchargers is simply the most proven and reliable supercharger design out there.

Big power down low (where you need it) and not excessive power up top that tears stuff up.

Not looking to cause a fist fight here, but simply put.... Most of the time the consumer does not know what they are buying

and they get "RACE CAR" type advice from shops instead of "good sense" advice.

We have ZERO issues with ROOTS BLOWERS here and any supercharger repairs that ever come in the door are

ALWAYS centri type blowers. It's a design that self destructs.....

Send a centri back to the manufacturer for "repair" and it takes WEEKS.... WHY, because they are always swamped

with repairs..... ROOTS blower manufacturers have a minimum of repairs.

Edelbrock explains that the "service interval" for their supercharger is 100,000 (YES, 100 THOUSAND) miles between

oil services or overhaul.

None of the centri manufacturers offer anything like it.

I made my decision many many years ago.
Chuck CoW
The following 6 users liked this post by Chuck CoW:
cobratraxxas (05-03-2021), DSOMZ51 (06-20-2017), LuckyGuy (06-19-2017), Mickey1 (03-21-2018), Pineapple (12-25-2018), slowhatch (06-28-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Supercharger to put on a 2017 Grand Sport??