C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A After Supercharger Installed. Need Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 10:15 AM
prince8619
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Default A&A After Supercharger Installed. Need Advice.

Hey guys, I finished the install of my A&A SC 2 days ago. Started her up in the drive way, checked for all the fluid levels, let it warm up, everything is great, no vibrations, no noises, couldn't have gone smoother. So my questions is, today I am getting it dyno tuned at 5pm, so I need to drive the car to my dad's and garage it before I go later today. As Im driving to his house which is like 7 miles away, right before his house, the check light came on. Is that normal? Until it gets tuned. I know their is a new major component installed that could be messing with the computer.

Last edited by prince8619; 06-30-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by prince8619
Hey guys, I finished the installed of my A&A SC 2 days ago. Started her up in the drive way, checked for all the fluid levels, let it warm up, everything is great, no vibrations, no noises, couldn't have gone smoother. So my questions is, today I am getting it dyno tuned at 5pm, so I need to drive the car to my dad's and garage it before I go later today. As Im drive to his house which is like 7 miles away, right before his house, the check light came on. Is that normal? Until it gets tuned. I know their is a new major component installed that could be messing with the computer.
its gonna happen without a tune
u will be fine just get it tuned asap
my guess its a MAF code with the new air intake
Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 AM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by blown81bu
Thank you for the quick reply. Even Andy from A&A said the same thing. The MAF sensor will throw a code. I just wanted to be reassured, since it's the first time I have delt with a SC install.

Last edited by prince8619; 06-30-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:03 AM
knoxville
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, this is normal behavior without a tune. Some of the parameters are likely out of their defined threshold and the ECU not happy about it. All should be good after your tune and clearing of the CEL. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:09 AM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by knoxville
Yup, this is normal behavior without a tune. Some of the parameters are likely out of their defined threshold and the ECU not happy about it. All should be good after your tune and clearing of the CEL. Good luck!
Glad to hear so! On my drive there I kept the car in eco mode and kept the RPMs under 2500. Trying to minimize any potential boost on an un-tuned car.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:10 AM
knoxville
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prince8619
Glad to hear so! On my drive there I kept the car in eco mode and kept the RPMs under 2500. Trying to minimize any potential boost on an un-tuned car.
Yup, I would do the same. Just limp it to the destination and keep it out of boost. Don't sweat it, I'm sure all is fine!
Old 06-30-2017, 01:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
You will be good man I know some one will say don't get the car into boost Robert
Old 06-30-2017, 01:33 PM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
You will be good man I know some one will say don't get the car into boost Robert
I hear you! lol Theirs no way to keep the boost down completely, but I also don't want to purposely run it up and risk any issues. $$$$$ repairs arent cheap

Get notified of new replies

To A&A After Supercharger Installed. Need Advice.

Quick Reply: A&A After Supercharger Installed. Need Advice.