Boost happy intake manifolds - Page 7 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost happy intake manifolds

Old 01-12-2018, 02:21 AM
Nexxussian
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by G1Pro View Post
For those of you who don't follow me on facebook (James Carolyn Goertz)

Just felt like building something pretty cool

ltx intake for gen 6 camaro will clear oem hood (hood line is 8.5" this guy is 8.25")
Runners are the right length we are tuned on TWO INDUCTION WAVES. 4th wave at about 4600rpm and 3rd wave hitting right at 6200rpm. Note that will be peak ve of the engine rpms where max trq is seen. Generally speaking 1500rpm after that is where hp drop off will start to occur as the engine runs further out of ve

Need to cut some inj bungs at different angle to fit them as right now they tuck under the plenums which would make it impossible to install due to angles.

Interesting and definitely cool looking.

Curious how much plenum volume that netted.

Could you mount short body injectors between the plenums, or would that make the fuel rail(s) mount too high? (I'm thinking 8 injectors in a row mounted vertically so you have enough room to weld the bungs to the runners now that it's already together).
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Nexxussian View Post
Interesting and definitely cool looking.

Curious how much plenum volume that netted.

Could you mount short body injectors between the plenums, or would that make the fuel rail(s) mount too high? (I'm thinking 8 injectors in a row mounted vertically so you have enough room to weld the bungs to the runners now that it's already together).

In the future I'm looking to have a custom 8 injector single rail made and just run them down like that.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 PM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

Is it not a bad idea not to have the fuel spraying towards the backside of the valve or at least down the runner? For the above intake would it not be better to mount them low (under the runners) and closser to the intake port?

Also think you need to post some of your other CAD work up on here! Some great ideas coming out.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:45 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Last edited by G1Pro; 01-12-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:56 AM
Nexxussian
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by chuntington101 View Post
Is it not a bad idea not to have the fuel spraying towards the backside of the valve or at least down the runner? For the above intake would it not be better to mount them low (under the runners) and closser to the intake port?
If it were a port injection engine, and you wanted to only run one injector per port, it could cause an issue at low throttle settings and cold start (especially off idle transitions) with the injectors that far up.

However, he mentioned it was a GDI engine, so the port injectors won't come in to play until higher engine speeds and throttle settings.

Port injectors tend to do fine further up the runner, the higher the engine speed they come into play.

Years ago some F1 teams were mounting their injectors outside the injector bells and shooting the fuel down them, because they didn't care about that low rpm range ("does it start" was the big concern, but that's back when you would see the mechanic feeding the engine fuel on startup with a pump can or squeeze bottle).

As for the angle, if the injectors are installed vertically, they will spray down the runner, because of the angle of the runner itself.

Is that ideal?

That's what the dyno is for. (to find out, it's all theory, until you test ).

Edit:

It would look goofy, but if there were room, you could do like those old F1 teams and mount the auxiliary injectors in the off side plenum walls and blow it into the runners from there.

At that point, side feed injectors wouldn't look out of place.

Last edited by Nexxussian; 01-13-2018 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Marked in post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 AM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

Yeah seen some really interesting tests around moving injector further away from the port. It can make some good gains if you have the room. The theory is the fuel get longer to mix with the air for better fuel / air mix I think.

Yeah seen the F1 injectors mounted in the bell mouths! So cool when the fuel actually starts backing out the throttle body at certain rpm. Think the Ausy V8s also had a similar thing and there was talk about some rule changing in drag racing to allow it. Would be great to see on a road car but going to take some testing as you say!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

2000hp Air Water LTX "low hood"
CNC Machined billet runners with vstack bell mouth entrances

Same core as used in Boostworks TwinTurbo 256.9mph 2300hp TH400 trans Coyote Car.

Being designed up for a member here that is going for nothing short of 1500whp in his c7z.

9" tall will need minimal notching of cowl however a taller hood and or lowering of motor is in order as baseline c7 hood allows for up to 6.25" of intake manifold height with hood liner on.

Core size
9" wide, 3.5" thick, 15.5" long

Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Pretty little CTS-V Intecooled heading out the door.

$2750 for these

We are also going to start making our own rails so no more having to mod Holley rails.
G1Pro Rails will be $200 for -10 and will already be modded for each application (shortened and plugged by the cowl for c7, mods of that nature)

Old 01-15-2018, 11:44 AM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

Very nice intake above and another great CAD design! Could something similar be done for the LS engines? It looks a lot nicer than the others!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:04 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Very nice intake above and another great CAD design! Could something similar be done for the LS engines? It looks a lot nicer than the others!
yah I can drop them lower with either a curved sheet metal runner or a billet runner

My "race" intercooled intakes pricing structure works as so:

$3250 base price, this covers core up to 3.5" thick, 9" wide, 15.5" long same core in boostworks tx mile car making over 2000hp

This is sheet metal manifold with sheet metal runners straight

If I need to do a curved runner I have several ways of doing it,
laser sides and rolled top bottom square runners
angle cut on my extrude runner I use or ls7 laser shop bent sheet metal runner
or billet runner

the curved runners are an extra $250 for either option with sheet as they add in more complexity and time in fab

billet runner option is an extra $600 as it is costly having them machined. For maximum power they are hands down the way to go though.

After that there are other options also, direct port no2 bosses, direct port meth bosses, secondary fuel rail (or in ltx just adding a single rail), no2 burst panels, powder coat, polish, anodizing, etc
Old 01-16-2018, 09:39 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Been working to figure out how to get that 2000hp ltx low hood manifold to clear a c7 cowling. Got it down! At max maybe a 1/4" notch on the plastic only in a very small spot in the middle as the cowl comes to its apex asside from that it should clear.

Still need a taller hood and or motor lowered but hey bolt on 2000hp air water intake manifold, billet runners, ready to go

Quoted price to member here that I will leave anonymous:
Quote Price
$3250 Custom Race Air Water Intake Manifold
+ Port Injection $200
+ G1Pro C7 Fuel Rails $200
+ Direct Port NO2 Bosses $200
+ Powder Coat $200
+ Billet Runner Option $600
$4650

Apparently it is becoming quite popular as I've had a second request for it already so if anyone else is interested I will give a 10% discount if anyone else would like to get in on some hard hitting bolt on power guaranteed to blow away the competition.

Lines drawn here are my lines I use when designing a c7 intake to clear the cowling, these give about a fingers worth of extra clearance from what would touch so everything should go in nice and easy.

It can be done as a straight runner option that will knock $600 off the price, the runner length will be very short though so do not expect to have much in the lines of mid range.

The billet runner option gives a full 5" runner which is great for power to 7500rpm on builds 427 and lower.

I can do a sheet metal curved runner to get us the 5" for $250+ instead as well if a compromise between cost and performance is something neccessary

Last edited by G1Pro; 01-16-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:19 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

My personal ltx rnd car doing work today

15lbs boost
24 deg timing
REAR MOUNT twin 6262 turbonetics

going to put 20lb springs in and (this was 13lb springs) turn it up and hit the track (Royal Purple Baytown) Friday Night

Blue line was prior best at 10lbs boost on 93 octane pump tune
Red is pump e85 with sensor reading 70

Last edited by G1Pro; 01-17-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:20 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Complete Street Performance C7 Twin Turbo with G1Pro Street Air Water Intake
Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 AM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

James, I think this thread needs updating with what you have been working on bud! Some really interesting stuff that these guys need to know about!...
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

I guess your talking about my new and coming LTx Manifold

Wasn't going to say anything on here until I have gotten back all final quotes from companies I'm talking to but guess if you insist haha.

Currently all my cads are at my cnc shop getting a final overlook to verify everything is 100% perfect then they are going back to the foundries today.

What we have here is my end game production piece for the Lt1/Lt4/Lt5 engine. It is a large plenum, tuned to the 3rd harmonic (very similar to MSD however much larger plenum volume). TB is default setup for 102/103mm (will include a 90mm oem tb adapter). Setup default for port injection. The injector seats will be cut however will not be fully drilled through the runner. This way a lt1/lt4 guy not running port injection yet doesn't have to use it, you can hand drill out whenever you ready to add all the extra fueling.

TB location specs are built around my current ltx street intercooled and non intercooled for all the companies that develop stuff won't need to rebuild fixturing to use this new manifold.

The manifold will be 3 separate cast pieces and a sheet metal bottom. I am choosing not to fully cast it one piece as once it is fully cast one piece you can not entirely port the manifold out. Also you run into issues with slight changes in the casting due to core shift etc. To combat core shift issues the casting cores will be left small at the head flange end of business and the ports will be cnc machined exact to our tolerances which 100% perfectly match the oem port as well as prc cnc ported heads.

Also these banks are designed around my 9" wide air water race intercooler core so that the banks can be used in conjunction with my 2000hp air water race intake manifolds.

The idea isn't to eliminate all welding, it is to create a better product, at a better price, in a faster time line. The new design has 5 welds in the entire design which should drop fabrication time down to roughly 1 hour per manifold. This is a tremendous improvement as right now manifolds take 4-6 hours depending on port injected or not. This savings in labor will then be passed onto the customer and dealer pricing. So not only are you getting a superior product, etas will be dropped dramatically (same day shipping) and costs will be dropped substantially as well.

We are aiming for a timelessly beautiful looking product that will visually hold its own against the most beautiful billet manifolds out there.

Expected Retailing cost on this manifold $1450 + coating or polish finish
Current Sheet metal ltx $1600 + $200 port injection option

As always I strive to bring the best to the community at all times. I am amazed to have grown to a level to even be considering doing this at this time point and I really hope for continued growth and success. Once I get final quotes back foundries and machine shops this week I will be making things happen. As it sits eta I'm being told is 4-6 weeks for tooling and test pieces, then 4-6 weeks for production run. We're looking at 8-12 weeks rough eta from when I pull the trigger (should be this week) until end product is in my hands and ready to ship. That seems like end of April-Mid May time frame.

I will be putting together a pre order for those that are interested in saving some bigger bucks on the part. Feel free to pm me for details however I will publicly post the pre-order here soon as well.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:33 AM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

I'm sorry but that looks amazing! Can't wait to see the final product. Is the runner length the same as the MSD etc.?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

I'm sorry but that looks amazing! Can't wait to see the final product. Is the runner length the same as the MSD etc.?

Runners are 9" centerline

they are fully tapered and full radius airhorn entrance.

It is a 3rd wave tuned manifold that will operate at rpms up to 7000-7500rpm depending on engines cam spec and back pressure it sees.

clear a c7 hood and cowl
make amazing mid range power

Effectively it is the same as my cross ram on my car just condensed under a single large plenum that is vette friendly
Old 02-22-2018, 06:34 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

CNC just got me billet runners for new LTx 2000hp Air Water Manifolds.

Loads more pics to come over the weekend as it is built
The Following User Says Thank You to G1Pro For This Useful Post:
D3PE (03-01-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Haven't posted in a moment, I'm horrible at keeping up with forums when all I'm doing is designing and burning welds out all day hahah.

Got some ultimate new things coming out.

"mod ram" manifold

uses a shorty style sheet metal modular design "holley hi ram plenum flanged" plenum bottom. The ports inside or drilled and tapped to accept interchangable runners to tune your setup 100% perfect. You can pull your plenum top, change runner lengths all on the dyno.

this means you can use a holley top, or buy one of mine. This also means if you happen to already have a air water core from someone else you can drop the overall height of your build and have a tunable runner. virtually unlimited options here.

coming to cath, ls3, ls7 standard and tall deck. LTx as well.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:09 PM
G1Pro
Supporting Vendor

Also here is badass one I'm finishing up for a 3000+whp meth car, lsx billet block tall deck, ls7 heads, twin 102mm tb, 60+lbs boost

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boost happy intake manifolds

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: