C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProMeth Remote Mount Meth Tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Default ProMeth Remote Mount Meth Tank

Finally received this today. I'm in SoCal and ProMeth is in Oxnard so it got here quick once the back-ordered tanks showed up at their facility. Kayla and Aimee at JDP were great in helping me with tracking delays and sending updates.

I bought this in anticipation of a blower install soon so I won't be installing it right away. Pics below for those interested.

Name:  ProMeth1.jpg
Views: 1665
Size:  643.6 KB

Name:  ProMeth2.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  649.5 KB

Name:  ProMeth3.jpg
Views: 1655
Size:  706.6 KB

Name:  ProMeth4.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  661.1 KB

Name:  ProMeth5.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  581.0 KB

Preinstalled low-level float - instructions to install this came with the unit but it's already installed except for the warning light that goes up front.
Name:  ProMeth6.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  441.9 KB

Name:  ProMeth7.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  551.4 KB

Name:  ProMeth8.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  611.3 KB

Name:  ProMeth9.jpg
Views: 1485
Size:  482.7 KB

Low-level float
Name:  ProMeth10.jpg
Views: 1462
Size:  427.7 KB

Rear hatch floor will definitely need to come out to install the setup but the tank appears it was form-fitted to maximize volume. Tank feels sturdy. Setup did not com with a feed line, which needs to be meth-friendly so I'll be sourcing that next.
Name:  ProMeth11.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  764.8 KB
Old 07-03-2017, 06:17 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Nice! Cant wait to see it all installed and done. Keep us posted.
The following users liked this post:
Patches (07-03-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 03:24 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

How much does it hold? Price?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Just under 2 gallons.

Name:  Prometh14.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  649.0 KB

I filled it with water to the bottom of the fill collar and it left this much water in the second gallon.

Name:  Prometh12.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  611.0 KB

Price with optional low-level float was $304.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:49 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Awesome!

Sub'd for the installation pics...

I didnt want to install meth until this tank was finally available...
Old 07-10-2017, 10:05 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Well that's a bummer, originally it stated it was going to be 3.2 gallons (which I didn't really believe to begin with knowing the size of the rear storage compartment).

EDIT: ProMeth's website still says it is 3.2 gallons!!!

Last edited by StingerBG; 07-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, not much room back there but they have optimized the shape for what is there. I'm sure it would be larger if the cubby gave them the volume to do it.

Don't know where the 3.2 gallon capacity came from - maybe a cut-n-paste error on the website.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
Yeah, not much room back there but they have optimized the shape for what is there. I'm sure it would be larger if the cubby gave them the volume to do it.

Don't know where the 3.2 gallon capacity came from - maybe a cut-n-paste error on the website.
Still a nice option to be able to keep your washer fluid though!
Patches (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 04:27 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

nice, keep us posted. Im still up in the air on what im going to do to my 16z. Part of me wants to not mess with meth at all, and just get higher flow fuel injectors and put turbos on the car.

I don't want to use the washer tank, plus I run out of meth quickly at the paces that I drive, and I get annoyed having to fill it up constantly.

Its still a coin toss in my mind either way. Anyone know how meth on the stock lt4 blower works and what max power ratings are on the stock blower setup with a different pulley?
Old 07-10-2017, 09:01 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StingerBG
Still a nice option to be able to keep your washer fluid though!

Yep.... and not have a fire bomb sitting right there behind hot brake rotors etc etc... not to mention the engine compartment heat evaporating the meth level away.

The only thing I'm concerned about is gravity feeding the meth pump up front with the tank in the rear, especially under hard acceleration. I'm not sure if the meth pump will actually have any "pull" on the suction side.
irun4cops (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ajrothm

The only thing I'm concerned about is gravity feeding the meth pump up front with the tank in the rear, especially under hard acceleration. I'm not sure if the meth pump will actually have any "pull" on the suction side.
agreed, i wasn't sure where you guys were planning on putting the pump so i was waiting and watching. If one puts the pump right next to the tank, then there is not exact/consistent/controllable flow to the engine intake each time, unless a line that has zero compression/expansion under pressure of the meth and pump, is used... like a hard brake line etc. Still, the meth fluid itself would have its own inherent compression.

If the meth pump is put in the engine bay, then the problem you speak of arises. One thing I was thinking about was having the pump extremely LOW in the engine bay so that the force of gravity is always flowing the meth to the pump. Hypothetically, one could run a very large diameter line... and this would also increase the total holding capacity of the system, as the line would be an extension of the tank essentially. The thick line would not have to be used the whole length of the line, jus the last few feet. One could also do a swirl pot concept in place of the larger line, and just run a small diameter line to the swirl pot, and have a smaller tank right up by the pump in the engine bay that is sealed closed with only a inlet fitting and an exit fitting. Again, the tank and the pump, would have to be very low in the vehicle, and the line ran at a perfect descending slope with no low spots which are lower than the swirl pot/thicker line which are attached to the pump in the front... so the ideal time to install this line would be when the torque tube is out or at least exposed, and the line ran along the tunnel wall. One has to be careful of the corrosiveness of the meth, and what kind of lines or swirl pots are being used.

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:59 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

only other option is to run 2 pumps, one at the tank in back, and one up front in engine bay, and have a regulator, and a return line system back to the tank in the back... and the first pump is always on and feeding the front pump which only comes on when in boost etc.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

ProMeth sells lots of these kits for Vettes and other makes. They don't seem to have any problems with the C5 and C6 setups they've been selling for several years and those are very similar tot he tank setup pictured above. Why not give Rodney at Prometh a call and discuss it with him before setting up your system. That's what I will be doing when I get ready to install mine. Julio at Alky Control is probably familiar with these tanks as well.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Your concerns about adequate feeding of the pump have been borne out by Julio at Alky. Josh at A&A had a discussion with him about possible pump starvation and, short of mounting the pump below the tank, there's no way to adequately gravity-feed it in the C7 but there is no room under the tank to mount the pump where ProMeth has situated it.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:10 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Patches
Your concerns about adequate feeding of the pump have been borne out by Julio at Alky. Josh at A&A had a discussion with him about possible pump starvation and, short of mounting the pump below the tank, there's no way to adequately gravity-feed it in the C7 but there is no room under the tank to mount the pump where ProMeth has situated it.

Man that sucks to hear. I really don't want to use the washer reservoir...and I like the idea of the meth tank being in a cooler place.

I wouildn't be completely opposed to the pump being mounted in the rear, but thats a pretty long push. I'm sure it could do it easy enough but probably a slight delay on the meth delivery...

That pump is supposed to be like 150 psi so...that should be PLENTY to push through a -4an hose about 15'. Plus that would keep the pump away from the heat. The trick would be finding a suitable mount location and having to drill holes in the cubby floor.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I wasn't happy to hear this from Josh - like you, I was looking forward to the advantages of the remote tank setup. I decided to wait until I have the car back home and then I'll take a look at pump-mounting configurations. Josh was adamant about there being no good spot to place the pump in a gravity-friendly location at the rear of the C7. I'm thinking that it might be possible with some creative thinking.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:58 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Yeah I'm sure its pretty tight back there with the big transcooler/fan etc etc. Plus keeping it away from the mufflers.

Hmmm... Hopefully you can come up with something.

I'm sub'd.

Get notified of new replies

To ProMeth Remote Mount Meth Tank

Old 08-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

i was hoping to hear good results about this, the pump starvation sucks. I have a rear mount trunk kit very much like this one in my 335i for over 2 years, and i would never have pump starvation even after long pulls. On the road corse would be a different store id assume from all the bounching around, which i never took my 335i on the track.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:17 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I emailed Rodney, the engineer at ProMeth who I'd spoken to about this kit a couple of months ago, but no response so far. I assume they dove headlong into tooling for the tank without actually prototyping a working system on a C7 first. I returned the kit to the distributor this week for a refund. No viable spot to mount the pump in back so I'm punting for now.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:07 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

I've had the rear bumper off several c7s and there is plenty of space to mount an alky pump...

is there room in the cubby!?? No there isn't Bc they wanted to make as much room for meth!! It's a VERY easy fix just mount the pump BELOW it in MANY possible places then run the line under the car to the inlet!! Simple

Quick Reply: ProMeth Remote Mount Meth Tank