C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on meth injection options for stock lt4 blower setup..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Questions on meth injection options for stock lt4 blower setup..

So, assuming the tank is put in the back of the car, which I have seen in the past couple days on the forum...

what is the best way to actually go about "injecting" the meth into the boosted air on a stock lt4 blower setup?

My fear is that the meth wont be evenly distributed per cylinder and I will hurt the cylinder that runs lean, if I run higher boost and/or more aggressive engine timing.

The other option on the table is just to run higher flow injectors and the upgraded fuel lobe cam.

Both of these options would be used with a more aggressive smaller pulley on the lt4 blower... and a potential a TT upgrade eventually. I understand the actual meth "injection" processes increase in number/options when a normal manifold with the TT setup is used instead of the lt4 blower manifold... or is there a way to inject to each port individually while maintaining the stock lt4 manifold?

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-10-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:11 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by irun4cops
So, assuming the tank is put in the back of the car, which I have seen in the past couple days on the forum...

what is the best way to actually go about "injecting" the meth into the boosted air on a stock lt4 blower setup?

My fear is that the meth wont be evenly distributed per cylinder and I will hurt the cylinder that runs lean, if I run higher boost and/or more aggressive engine timing.

The other option on the table is just to run higher flow injectors and the upgraded fuel lobe cam.

Both of these options would be used with a more aggressive smaller pulley on the lt4 blower... and a potential a TT upgrade eventually. I understand the actual meth "injection" processes increase in number/options when a normal manifold with the TT setup is used instead of the lt4 blower manifold... or is there a way to inject to each port individually while maintaining the stock lt4 manifold?
Maybe you could look into a plate that goes under the blower to evenly distribute the meth. Typically thats a NOS setup but I don't see why you couldn't plumb it to meth instead..
The following users liked this post:
irun4cops (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Your over thinking it, it atomizes just fine being sprayed in the intake before the throttle body.planes and formula 1 cars have been using this methods for decades because it works.
The following users liked this post:
irun4cops (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:02 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Your over thinking it, it atomizes just fine being sprayed in the intake before the throttle body.planes and formula 1 cars have been using this methods for decades because it works.
yeah, but I thought this took a certain amount of distance/time. With the blower and throttle body right there, I didn't know if it would distribute properly and evenly.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Jeremy Martinez
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler?

I'm completely new to this, looking to add a blower to my 2016 stingray Z51, what is the intercooler system setup like with the LT4 blower?

Get notified of new replies

To Questions on meth injection options for stock lt4 blower setup..

Quick Reply: Questions on meth injection options for stock lt4 blower setup..